Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is everyone is now aware of state players and given our picks we wont get the quality, but would be nice to find another Clark prototype that can run allows us to use Clark on the wing more next year..
I reckon that given he was delisted at west coast he's now a delisted free agent. He can choose where to go. I hope we send him photos of Tom Stewart and Tim Kelly in all Australian jumpers along with a 2 year contract offer

"Under new guidelines accepted by the league and first proposed by the AFL Players’ Association (AFLPA) during pay negotiations in 2017, a player who receives the chop from a club will forever be a delisted free agent, regardless of years of service."

JACK STEVEN

The Cats are already talking to the Saints about what a deal would look like to send Steven to Geelong. St Kilda knocked back his trade request last year, but they are unlikely to stand in his way this time. His explosive speed would be handy for Geelong in the wake of Tim Kelly’s expected departure.

JOSH JENKINS

There hasn’t been a lot of interest from rivals in Jenkins at this stage. Melbourne has a need for another marking target but Simon Goodwin seems unconvinced. If a trade can be brokered, this one might have to go down late in the trade period. In any case, Adelaide would have to pay a big chunk of his salary to rubber-stamp his departure. That or take a hefty pay cut to start fresh elsewhere.

TODD GOLDSTEIN

Geelong has come from the clouds to make a late play for the veteran ruckman. North is trying to re-sign Goldstein and has pitched an improved two-year deal with a trigger clause for a third to keep him. But the Cats would love to add Goldstein as their No. 1 ruckman for next season as part of a plan to stay in the premiership window. Clearly, the Cats have lost faith in Rhys Stanley after dumping him for Friday night’s final.

TIM KELLY

Could Friday be his last game for the Cats given even his teammates concede if he leaves he will go with their blessing? The Eagles have picks 14, 22, and 32 and the points value of 22 and 32 is almost exactly equivalent to pick nine. If a club needing points for an academy player or father-son traded with the Eagles, they could offer something around picks 14 and 9 for Kelly. It’s got to be around what the Cats would ask for.

get it, but we land goldy, stanley wants out and is sa boy
Isn't Stanley's wife from WA? They may want to go out west to be closer to her family while raising their own family...

JACK STEVEN

The Cats are already talking to the Saints about what a deal would look like to send Steven to Geelong. St Kilda knocked back his trade request last year, but they are unlikely to stand in his way this time. His explosive speed would be handy for Geelong in the wake of Tim Kelly’s expected departure.

JOSH JENKINS

There hasn’t been a lot of interest from rivals in Jenkins at this stage. Melbourne has a need for another marking target but Simon Goodwin seems unconvinced. If a trade can be brokered, this one might have to go down late in the trade period. In any case, Adelaide would have to pay a big chunk of his salary to rubber-stamp his departure. That or take a hefty pay cut to start fresh elsewhere.

TODD GOLDSTEIN

Geelong has come from the clouds to make a late play for the veteran ruckman. North is trying to re-sign Goldstein and has pitched an improved two-year deal with a trigger clause for a third to keep him. But the Cats would love to add Goldstein as their No. 1 ruckman for next season as part of a plan to stay in the premiership window. Clearly, the Cats have lost faith in Rhys Stanley after dumping him for Friday night’s final.

TIM KELLY

Could Friday be his last game for the Cats given even his teammates concede if he leaves he will go with their blessing? The Eagles have picks 14, 22, and 32 and the points value of 22 and 32 is almost exactly equivalent to pick nine. If a club needing points for an academy player or father-son traded with the Eagles, they could offer something around picks 14 and 9 for Kelly. It’s got to be around what the Cats would ask for.

That proposed offer for Kelly is something that would be nice - be interesting to see if it plays out like that, but something to push for

Ive probably just gone cold porridge on a few these old guys... if we do this he probably is a better option forward than Stanley ..and we get Gst as the ruck... as long as we draft in some young guys ie.. a young ruck to develop cause im sick to death of these tread water guys that never work out as well as hoped

Last edited:
That proposed offer for Kelly is something that would be nice - be interesting to see if it plays out like that, but something to push for

Well to me I read that and instantly thought of our recent interlopers.. ...we cant give what we haven't got blah blah blah ... shows there are options..

[
I doubt Stanley would get a game at Adelaide
With Riley O'Brien in the ruck and Fogarty and Walker Forward, he'd be struggling to get any time on the park
I'd prefer a Stanley to Brisbane type trade. Maybe Mathieson or Taylor would like to come home

Well to me I read that and instantly thought of our recent interlopers.. ...we cant give what we haven't got blah blah blah ... shows there are options..
Exactly - the idea that "we don't trade players against the will", "you have to take what we offer because it's the best you'll get" - well no.

IF Kelly requests a trade then it's up to WCE to offer a suitable deal and they have options - questions will become how creative are they willing to get and how much do they really want to do a deal...

I would love a loan system adds in an extra element for clubs to think about...
Have a loan system open for the first 12 rounds. Player A gones down with injury and ask around for a loan till the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly - the idea that "we don't trade players against the will", "you have to take what we offer because it's the best you'll get" - well no.

IF Kelly requests a trade then it's up to WCE to offer a suitable deal and they have options - questions will become how creative are they willing to get and how much do they really want to do a deal...

On Fox tonight ..the Eagles coach was asked about a player (mcGovern I think) saying we can give Kelly a lift back to WA after the game ... Simpson ..was a tad embarrassed.. he didn't say that did he? Certainly from the land of wafl ..he is in blue and yellow already.

I would love a loan system adds in an extra element for clubs to think about...

been done before.. it was called Lease... but what generally happened was there was no going back... once out players didn't want to come back.. Talking a 40 plus years ago so the mindset was probably a lot different..

I reckon that given he was delisted at west coast he's now a delisted free agent. He can choose where to go. I hope we send him photos of Tom Stewart and Tim Kelly in all Australian jumpers along with a 2 year contract offer

"Under new guidelines accepted by the league and first proposed by the AFL Players’ Association (AFLPA) during pay negotiations in 2017, a player who receives the chop from a club will forever be a delisted free agent, regardless of years of service."

Id suspect that it would need clarification. If we could just list him ..interesting prospect.. its a bit like Menegola.. we used a pick 60 on him. Shame he is not that bit bigger..

been done before.. it was called Lease... but what generally happened was there was no going back... once out players didn't want to come back.. Talking a 40 plus years ago so the mindset was probably a lot different..
If they don't want to go back trade them at season's end if a deal can be done

Id suspect that it would need clarification. If we could just list him ..interesting prospect.. its a bit like Menegola.. we used a pick 60 on him. Shame he is not that bit bigger..
Same way that Mumford and Clarke found their way back onto lists

"Previously-listed footballers who spent a season or more out of the game no longer have to go through a nerve-racking draft experience to find an AFL home again as a Category A rookie.

They can instead sign with a club in the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) between December 1 and March 15, after all the drafts are over"

We'd just have to make him an offer that dissuades him from nominating for the draft

Hard to judge.. does he look better or worse than some of the guys like atkins

JACK STEVEN

JOSH JENKINS

TODD GOLDSTEIN

TIM KELLY

Would take 14 and 9 in a heartbeat for Kelly. Don't reckon we'll get much better than that.

Would take 14 and 9 in a heartbeat for Kelly. Don't reckon we'll get much better than that.
Could we then turn 14 and (16-19) into say 5 and something in the 20s? Leaving us with say 5 9 and something in the 20s or would we happy with 9 14 and (16-19)

Only problem is like last year the points aren't worth jack in the real world.

No one is trading pick 9 for 22 and 32 even if they are academy bidding.

Tend to agree. Saints will be looking to split their first to offer something less than 5 for Hill. Maybe we can get involved with that? GWS will be bidding for Green - how do they manage their points? Maybe something there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back