Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t believe we offered a 31 year old (32 next year) ruck 4 Years. Outrageous desperatation.

It’s never been more evident we need younger players to help drive a new core.

Along with our dubious selections at MC, inability to fix weaknesses and consistent poor finals that are eerily similar in how we lose... I’m starting to lose faith that those “professionals” in charge are not that much smarter than the average you or me and should not be running our footy club. If we trade anything better than a R2 for either Steven or Higgins I’ll have all evidence I need to confirm they have lost their way. Hope I’m wrong

So, how melty will you be if our rucks next year are Stanley, Abbott, Fort and Ratugolea? And Blicavs!

Because that’s the $2 favourite above any other outcome at this stage.
Into $1.20.

It was most likely a 3+1 performance/games based extension,
I’m both frightened and excited as to what the pivot will be.

It was most likely a 3+1 performance/games based extension,
I’m both frightened and excited as to what the pivot will be.

If the fallback options are names like Jacobs and Ryder than I'd rather just stick with what we have, as mediocre as that might be.

Both are past it and arguably not even an improvement on Stanley. I'm fine with recruiting a 30+ year old to remedy a longstanding structural deficiency if the player we're bringing in if of Goldstein's standard, but for lower quality alternatives it's not worth it.

Im rapt goldy re-signed with North and if we did offer 4 years who was the idiot that did that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why you do dat? ☹
I guess he changed his mind, I know someone close to him and it was a done deal but now I suspect the real intent was to get NM to pony up 3 years because that's what Geelong had offered.

Are we looking at Jacobs also though? At his best he is very good ... and has the big body to compete.

At his best he was very good but he's completely cooked now and has been for about 18 months.

Would be the very definition of a list clogger in 2020.

Contracted I think.
Abbott has apparently got suitors for a trade. Hopefully we go into 2020 with only Stanley, Sav & Fort. It at least gives us a chance at consistency with Stanley and Fort as his backup. Sav in case both are injured. It enables us to look at drafting a project ruckman too

As much as Goldy would have been good, a 4 year deal for someone that age is very risky.

Delist Zac Smith or try to get a late pick for him, trade abbott if someone is interested (from all reports a few are), and draft the best young ruck we can get. Don't bother with jacobs, he's so cooked the pot is dry. Let Fort see out the 1 yr of contract he has and delist as well. No point keeping him. Look for something else as a back up.

Pray schlensog turns into something useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back