Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the proof we offered a 4 year deal? And how does Goldstein deciding to re-sign with the club he has played all his games for show what he thinks of Geelong? This is one time where Scott has no case to answer....
The Cats had been all in on unrestricted free agent Goldstein, offering him an attractive four-year deal to become their No. 1 ruckman.
He accepted a 3 year deal on less money to stay with North Melbourne.

Gst said he knocked back more money and longer term ... but its not like we will ever see a contract ..

I can say I knocked back a big contract from Geelong as well, doesn't make it true...

All this trade talk is second hand rumour, speculation, spin and occasionally straight-up fiction. I don't really believe any of it unless it actually happens tbh

I can say I knocked back a big contract from Geelong as well, doesn't make it true...

All this trade talk is second hand rumour, speculation, spin and occasionally straight-up fiction. I don't really believe any of it unless it actually happens tbh

Well each to their own... unless a contract comes out ..you may never believe it or any reports on any thing.. going back to stories like williams and 5000 dollars.. its all just words.

He accepted a 3 year deal on less money to stay with North Melbourne.
Hardly proof when the Age has a different stance on it. How do we know who is right?

No not beside the point .. how do you know that?
I believe we made an offer, just disputing the claim based off an article to support the notion it was 4 years when a rival publication says 3.

Neither said we didn’t make an offer, so yes, beside the point

Well each to their own... unless a contract comes out ..you may never believe it or any reports on any thing.. going back to stories like williams and 5000 dollars.. its all just words.

If there are multiple sources and multiple perspectives corroborating the same thing then sure, it could be there. Goldstein saying more years and money makes it more likely to be the case, not less.

But at the same time this kind of talk is so cheap. And playing up offers and deals for effect drives media consumption so it's in their best interest to be putting mayo on it. While you have a different number in another paper and the story having already settled so no further point digging in I don't think enough detail exists to prove anything.

I believe we made an offer, just disputing the claim based off an article to support the notion it was 4 years when a rival publication says 3.

Even then it's not as if AFL contracts are just X dollars for y years sign on the dotted line.

It could have been a higher base wage at one vs higher incentives on the other. Two years with the possibility of triggering a two year extension vs just three years locked in. We have so little detail to judge this supposed offer on, I don't know how anyone could determine we were making an excessive offer.

You thing we made on offer based on what ? media reports.. so you are chosing to believe what you want to believe.. its been mentioned by multiple media and the player himself that he could have signed for longer but ..no i don't believe that..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there are multiple sources and multiple perspectives corroborating the same thing then sure, it could be there. Goldstein saying more years and money makes it more likely to be the case, not less.

But at the same time this kind of talk is so cheap. And playing up offers and deals for effect drives media consumption so it's in their best interest to be putting mayo on it. While you have a different number in another paper and the story having already settled so no further point digging in I don't think enough detail exists to prove anything.
fair enough. I have little doubt we did it. I have doubts one what the contracts were.. Maybe some sort of 2 plus 2 depending on performance blending into coaching ..

LOL at Goldstein rejected more money and an extra year to stay at North Melbourne... Shows what he thinks of our club... Scott has a lot to answer for.

Or maybe Goldstein never had any intention of leaving North Melbourne but he was happy to have both St Kilda & Geelong approach his manager to discuss options because it then put the pressure on North to stump up a better deal

It's not like he rejected offers from both North & Geelong to instead go to the GC for a couple of seasons on the average player salary

Jenkins is lazy and plays a handful of good games and no he would be lucky to get 30 goals the way our mids deliver, given his age no thanks...
Handful is a stretch, kicked 40 plus 5 years in a row in a side where he's essentially the 3rd forward.

Started his career at 23 his body shouldn't be a problem.

Rubbish, goal tallys o
Handful is a stretch, the guy kicked 40 goals plus 5 years in a row as a 2nd/3rd forward...
In a crows forward line that functions better over last 5 years walker lynch and Betts draw most of the attention and their mids kick it a bit better, my statement still stands as a 2nd forward he would get more attention and be lucky to kick 30 in a year...

Handful is a stretch, kicked 40 plus 5 years in a row in a side where he's essentially the 3rd forward.

He is okay, but think he's past it.... plus how many of those were cheap ones at the back of the contest on his own, not saying anything wrong with that either, someone's gotta kick those.
Just not sure where he fits in, as Rohan has more pace to get those cheap ones out back, and if we bring in Jenkins then SavRat back to the magoo's?

He is okay, but think he's past it.... plus how many of those were cheap ones at the back of the contest on his own, not saying anything wrong with that either, someone's gotta kick those.
Just not sure where he fits in, as Rohan has more pace to get those cheap ones out back, and if we bring in Jenkins then SavRat back to the magoo's?
Expecting a guy thats 190cm to basically take pack marks was never going to be sustainable, play Rohan as the 4th behind Hawkins,Jenkins and Sav. Dahl,Atkins,Rohan and Gaz at ground level would be very similar to the structure West Coast just won a flag with.

You thing we made on offer based on what ? media reports.. so you are chosing to believe what you want to believe.. its been mentioned by multiple media and the player himself that he could have signed for longer but ..no i don't believe that..
Still not the point. It matters not if I believe an article saying we made an offer or not.

I am refuting the assertion it was 4 years being used as fact given a rival publication states 3 years. That’s all

Jenkins is criminally underrated on here. I suspect it's his personality and demeanour that maybe rubs people the wrong way. Very good footballer.

I still don't get why he chose to move to Melbourne knowing he'd never be anything more than No.2 ruck

From what I have seen of Pruess, it might have been a pretty smart move, always be the no 2. Never get exposed about how ordinary you are and get another contract from a new club in 2 years.

You are choosing to believe one report not multiple other reports and the player himself?
Jeez you’re having a rough day Turbo.
It’s not about whether I believe something or not.

It’s about posting an article as if fact when there’s conflicting reports, just to serve the anti Geelong rhetoric of this particular user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back