Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not the quaint concept of what can he offer WITH Stanley?
His first game v Hawks 16, Danger's first as well, was big.
It's not age that has affected him.

Lol, that was his first game with us. Despite a game against the Dogs and another against the Power that I can remember, it's all been pretty uninspiring since.

Except his first two games this season were both very good. He actually got dropped after a great first game this season which was ridiculous. Got dropped again after his one bad game for the season (against sandilands). Stanley had 5 dud games in a row before he got dropped. He is not given a fair oportunity.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont disagree but we have 4 mature rucks and he is the oldest and the only one OOC. Delisting him is an obvious call.

Lol, that was his first game with us. Despite a game against the Dogs and another against the Power that I can remember, it's all been pretty uninspiring since.
As a second ruck combo with Stanley, they would rival Soldo and Nankervis

He's given his chances to prove his worth in the VFL and clearly has failed to do so.....
He has been named emergency multiple times and dragged out of games and missed some games as a travelling emergency. Can't buy that one. Why was he in the emergencies for our Prelim? A failure at VFL level does not get that . And his game v Swans this year was very good.

Is there a lot of young rucks in the upcoming draft or do you think the club will trade from other clubs?

Other than Jackson and Bryan its a crap draft for rucks. If we need one we will trade/rookie/SSP one imo.

Other than Jackson and Bryan its a crap draft for rucks. If we need one we will trade/rookie/SSP one imo.

Richmond have more rucks than they know what to do with. We should be offering 300-400K to Coleman-Jones or Chol, and really make an aggressive play. We should also be looking at Caldwell and Bonar from GWS. There's a fair few good players out there, so hopefully we don't rest on our laurels.

I honestly think though, that we won't get Steven given Wells' comments the other day. Something seems amiss there...

As a second ruck combo with Stanley, they would rival Soldo and Nankervis
It could have worked if they had of persisted with it, but as usual the MC couldn't develop team balance and never have.

The only thing that came close to balanced side over the past 4 years was the first half of this season and what happens, we go 11-1.

What could have been:rolleyes:

Hes injury prone and rubbish. If we go down that route id rather Pittonet who at least dominates a superior state league than neafl, or even Phillips. Really we could just move on Smith and Abbott and rookie a state league ruck and we'd be fine. The problem with our ruck stocks is a lack of top end quality not depth.

Looks like he played out the year without injury, I figure we could get him for nearly a base contract, Hawthorn would want something for Pittonet, Can't believe anyone would suggest Philips. Do you have any unaligned state league ruckmen in mind, its a position that has been hit hard in the last couple of drafts.

Disagree. Soldo has come on in leaps and bounds, while Smith has gone backwards year on year. Time for him to go, IMO
Seems like most here agree.
It is nearly too late to try him with Stanley, but that's what I would do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like he played out the year without injury, I figure we could get him for nearly a base contract, Hawthorn would want something for Pittonet, Can't believe anyone would suggest Philips. Do you have any unaligned state league ruckmen in mind, its a position that has been hit hard in the last couple of drafts.

By unaligned you mean not currently on an afl list?

I can see the club turning Sav into a ruck and using Kruger as a second tall forward this year

just a question of who out of Fort/Smith being on the list and who replace one or both of them
Fort is a poor man's Smith imho, and that doesn't sound too strong

Tend to agree the only upside to Fort is that he’s a much better forward and mark than Smith

I would be letting Smith go , but Fort may get offers and good luck to them both if they both go
If they're not going to look at someone like Preuss then I think we'll go with Stanley, Fort and the best young ruck available in the draft.

If they're not going to look at someone like Preuss then I think we'll go with Stanley, Fort and the best young ruck available in the draft.
Imo it depends what they do with Sav and Kruger next year

as mentioned I suspect they will be using more if Sav as a ruck and letting Kruger play as a deep forward

but I agree I’d be keeping Fort unless we pick up a good Ruck then it all changes

suspect he
He has been named emergency multiple times and dragged out of games and missed some games as a travelling emergency. Can't buy that one. Why was he in the emergencies for our Prelim? A failure at VFL level does not get that . And his game v Swans this year was very good.

You can make all the excuses in the world, but the bottom line is he managed 3 games in 2018 and three games in 2019....Clearly the MC have little faith in him. He has apparently been told to look for other options and should he find one I have little doubt he will be released....

For whatever reason he hasn't satisfied the MC's requirements....nice guy apparently but AFL is a ruthless game..on and off the field.

Imo it depends what they do with Sav and Kruger next year

as mentioned I suspect they will be using more if Sav as a ruck and letting Kruger play as a deep forward

but I agree I’d be keeping Fort unless we pick up a good Ruck then it all changes
They've got to back Stanley in for the whole season and if that means only having young rucks as backup and getting rid of Smith, Abbott and Fort then so be it.

Stanley/Sav ruck combo could be pretty sexy but they've gotta play Krueger with Hawkins as well; dangerous tall setup we could have on our hands:thumbsu:

They've got to back Stanley in for the whole season and if that means only having young rucks as backup and getting rid of Smith, Abbott and Fort then so be it.

Stanley/Sav ruck combo could be pretty sexy but they've gotta play Krueger with Hawkins as well; dangerous tall setup we could have on our hands:thumbsu:
Yep I feel the club will back those combos and use the Kelly pics to get the best mids they can get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back