Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan34

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Looks like wells will be happy to say no deal on this if the saints want too high a price. They will have to keep him and have the risk he will sit out again. Then come to us as a free agent in 12 months.

If they were smart they’d take what they can get, or pay 700k a yr for someone sitting out of the game again.

Pick 56 or nothing imo.

Honestly we have a bit of cap room, so we can pay for some of his salary for pick 56.

Theres not many. Nick Meese is the best ruck in the vfl but he doesnt have the athletic attributes for afl. I really like Goddard from the wafl but theres a question markas to whether hes tall enough to ruck at afl level he might be more a kpp who pinch hits in the ruck. Guys like Knoll Campbell etc i assume their clubs will hang onto.

On your other question this is the first year Nicholls has stayed fit hes been really injury prone before that. At least Pittonet is generally durable.

But good rucks this year are scarce...unless we can get Darcy in a Kelly trade we probably need to roll with what we have.

Mar 11, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Ruck wise draft a young one and hope to hell Stanley decides to play 23+ games at a high level

No point in getting Rucks in that aren't better than Stanley or just list fillers (we already have Fort and Abott for that)

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Honestly we have a bit of cap room, so we can pay for some of his salary for pick 56.

Give em 56, that's if we take him at all, they've got the best of him so why throw away a valuable 30s pick and cost us.
Ok for StKilda to want, but what about us this time afterall we're losing Kelly.
Why get screwed by them?

Last edited:
Wells should just tell Saints if they want a first rounder we can do this

Geelong give 17
Saints give Steven and 6 :p

They technically still get a first for Steven
They can then use pick 17 to trade in Hill

Larry Donohue

Premium Platinum
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Menegola is a FA next year. IF we want to keep him we need him to sign now..say 2 years. If he doesnt want to ..then we have to explore options ... as if we go for multiple FA's next year ...we get no comp for him.
I would like to see Abbott and Menegola for Steven. Keep 36 and 56. Maybe get Sam Gray or Dan Butler for 56. Take 36 in to the draft

I would like to see Abbott and Menegola for Steven. Keep 36 and 56. Maybe get Sam Gray or Dan Butler for 56. Take 36 in to the draft

We would probably ask for something else back in that situation

Looking at our current list spots, not sure we'll necessarily use pick 56 depending on what happens with the Kelly trade - if we only have 4 open spots come draft night/day, pick 56 probably doesn't get used.

It may be more valuable to us trade pick 56 than not be in a position to use it come draft night

Mar 11, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong

Looking at our current list spots, not sure we'll necessarily use pick 56 depending on what happens with the Kelly trade - if we only have 4 open spots come draft night/day, pick 56 probably doesn't get used.

It may be more valuable to us trade pick 56 than not be in a position to use it come draft night
We may dangle that on draft night for a pick swap in case someone gets desperate to land a player still on the board but i doubt it

Seems things really are getting silly on trade radio - how many players can really be worth top 10 picks? And if these players are all worth that value, going to be a s**t load of trades being done the are swapping said picks.

Seems we could see picks potentially start with one team, get traded amongst half a dozen sides before finishing where they started

I dont think we'll use it..i assume the strategy is to get 2 R1s for kelly...take the 3 R1s to the draft..trade 36 and 56 for Steven and/or future picks and use pick 80/90 whatever to upgrade simpson and guthrie.

Geminicatz

Team Captain
Geelong Cats - Travis Varcoe 2008 Player Sponsor Geelong Cats - Travis Varcoe 2007 Player Sponsor
Dec 16, 2006
Epping
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Another issue aside, is Kreuger good enough?...
Wasn't even called up when Hawkins was suspended so I have my doubts if he’s the instant remedy 2020.
I think he is.. he was going to get a game in the seniors then he got that knee injury as did young Guthrie in that horrible vfl ground Casey Fields.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I think he is.. he was going to get a game in the seniors then he got that knee injury as did young Guthrie in that horrible vfl ground Casey Fields.
So was Constable, that's pure speculation, fact is he might not get a sniff in senior footy because we just don't know yet.
He had ample time after that but couldn't crack a game.
That's why l think Jenkins makes sense as an option, and an AFL ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back