Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of Kennedy as well he may not pan out. But he looks to have enough to at least be a solid afl player. He’s the type we could get with a later pick. We should be able to add some drafted players with first round picks. And perhaps a couple of undervalued younger players from other clubs.

Whats the story with Matty Kennedy ..

He looked good at times at GWS ..and was one of the GWS cherry picks that SOS took to Carlton... He was a R1 pick in 2015 ..he is 22 , 33 games and one would think should be starting get into his prime ..but the Carlton side is young mid dense..and certainly last years draft seems to have hurt him.

Could he be a cheap option at years end or even a delisted FA? Perhaps there are questions over his speed etc ..but he didn't look that bad at GWS..

He is OOC and a young big body. Maybe a bit to similar to Constable but as a cheap option Id like to see what he could do at our club. Listening to him... he sounds like a player that would like the country club ...

Pretty poor by foot I reckon from what I've seen. I unfortunately (for him) see him as one of those many ex GWS players that have gone to Carlton that won't go and make it.

Id like Libba but given our emphasis on character i assume we rule him out.

Beveridge has a history of wrecking good players out of position Dahl included (to be fair his recruiters have given him and unbalanced list so its not all his fault) Dunkley is an inside mid and very good one ignore his workas a fwd we wouldnt play him there.

I think Parish is quite moneyball as Ess have played him out of position but he's skilled durable and high character. Might cost more than 6 weeks ago but i'd be keen.

I cant see Langdon at Collingwood? Honestly i doubt they have the cap room and they have bigger list needs than another winger. We on the other hand need a run and carry player if TK goes so the longer he remains unsigned id be keen.

Id also not be averse to Newnes as an FA but i understand that wouldnt excite people.

I would say Bonar Hately and even Perryman might be very useable at the right price if keeping Cogs pushes other players out (i like Hill too but i assume he goes back to WA if anywhere).

Those two definitely of interest.

Pretty poor by foot I reckon from what I've seen. I unfortunately (for him) see him as one of those many ex GWS players that have gone to Carlton that won't go and make it.
There must be a reason.. Id have said more a spread thing than kicking skills based on the limited stuff I have seen.. it was only 4 years ago he was rated top10 , picked as an academy pick at 13.. but after two clubs he has not be able to weld his position ..so maybe you are correct.

There must be a reason.. Id have said more a spread thing than kicking skills based on the limited stuff I have seen.. it was only 4 years ago he was rated top10 , picked as an academy pick at 13.. but after two clubs he has not be able to weld his position ..so maybe you are correct.

I just don’t see it - at the moment anyway. He’ll likely be a Blue next year in any case won’t he?

Id like Libba but given our emphasis on character i assume we rule him out.

Beveridge has a history of wrecking good players out of position Dahl included (to be fair his recruiters have given him and unbalanced list so its not all his fault) Dunkley is an inside mid and very good one ignore his workas a fwd we wouldnt play him there.

I think Parish is quite moneyball as Ess have played him out of position but he's skilled durable and high character. Might cost more than 6 weeks ago but i'd be keen.

I cant see Langdon at Collingwood? Honestly i doubt they have the cap room and they have bigger list needs than another winger. We on the other hand need a run and carry player if TK goes so the longer he remains unsigned id be keen.

Id also not be averse to Newnes as an FA but i understand that wouldnt excite people.

I would say Bonar Hately and even Perryman might be very useable at the right price if keeping Cogs pushes other players out (i like Hill too but i assume he goes back to WA if anywhere).

Everyone has a price , its just a matter if they are value I guess. Langdons brother at Collingwood so Id have though he would at least consider that move.
I mentioned Perryman before the weekend ..probably a tad vanillia

I just don’t see it - at the moment anyway. He’ll likely be a Blue next year in any case won’t he?

He is OOC ..and not playing.. if we are looking at players that age who are under appreciated he would be up there. If he is at Carlton and looking at their midfield ..where does he fit.e may have seen himself playing in it..but now a lot of comp. for spots.

Hately is better than Kennedy if we want a big-body mid.

JH may be but as it stand what evidence is there of that.. one drafted at 13 , the other at 14. One played 3 games in y1 , the other has played 2 so far.. one is listed as 188 and 89Kg , the other is listed at 190 and 82kg .. one is OOC and the other is contracted till 2020..

At least superficially not a lot in it.. and I suspect Hately would cost a significant amount more.. so is Kennedy worth a try ? Not sure ..he is just a name that I think is being under used at the bottom club , a club that is stocked with young mids. Im also not against looking at Hately or players like that.. it depends on cost to my mind

Last edited:
Sorry TC but a pass for me.

Thats OK.. Im listing names that could be of interest.. I have no skin it..
but the logic of Hately over him doesnt make trade sense to me.. One you might get a look at as a late pick or a delisted player and the other would cost a R1 pick to get. They are almost identical types...and id suspect Hately is further away from playing as a regular

but the logic of Hately over him doesnt make trade sense to me.. One you might get a look at as a late pick or a delisted player and the other would cost a R1 pick to get. They are almost identical types...and id suspect Hately is further away from playing as a regular

Brodie is the middle ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is another one that has been under used ..but is contracted..
heard from a few people that the reason scrimshaw wasnt getting games for suns was that he told them he was leaving very early on, maybe thats why they dont give brodie alot of games too, cause his neafl form is very good and some of the guys they have thrown out there are a joke. just so strange not to play a top 10 pick when youre struggling like them.

heard from a few people that the reason scrimshaw wasnt getting games for suns was that he told them he was leaving very early on, maybe thats why they dont give brodie alot of games too, cause his neafl form is very good and some of the guys they have thrown out there are a joke. just so strange not to play a top 10 pick when youre struggling like them.

He has played games each year... reading between the lines of the coaches comment after the game this week.. he seemed to be making reference to taking on info and listening.. sounded like he was infering not playing to instruction....but who knows really. If he doesn't play for those reasons it almost ensures a cheap trade.

If you are comparing them both as apples I agree - one is ripe and will cost more than the one that is past its use by date.

But I think Hateley is more a passion fruit. Going to cost more regardless. He’s just better. In footy speak, he’s a better kick, better overhead and just a better footballer. In my opinion. But I doubt that we’d get him anyway.

If you are comparing them both as apples I agree - one is ripe and will cost more than the one that is past its use by date.

But I think Hateley is more a passion fruit. Going to cost more regardless. He’s just better. In footy speak, he’s a better kick, better overhead and just a better footballer. In my opinion. But I doubt that we’d get him anyway.

use by date..? Id say one is a seed and the other is still green on tree. We are talking about players a bit like menegola.. we may not see their best for a while or we may never see them play at the level we hope. Both have question marks on them , neither have instantly been an auto selections in the GWS side , although GWS have a few of the big body type like Hopper etc.

As i said in a previous post... Kenneddy has had a chance at two clubs now ..so thats a trend that indicates he may not be up to it. .. a bit like menegola. Time will tell. I dont see his kicking as much of a problem ... the questions to me would be on his speed and spread. The chances of either kid being at geelong are thin.

On Hately .. the SA teams will have a task to get back all the young players taken recently.. It would not surprise me if the Gibbs thing is part of that.. Maybe they hope to trade him out for a pick to get one of these kids back. I would think they would be looking at the GC SA kids if they can move them.

Hately too similar to Constable for mine. Both slow accumalating kids but not necessarily game changers. Everyone needs an accumulator, just don't think we need two at a very similar age. Guys like Tim Taranto, Jye Caldwell and Will Brodie are guys I would target and I believe they suit our list better.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

use by date..? Id say one is a seed and the other is still green on tree. We are talking about players a bit like menegola.. we may not see their best for a while or we may never see them play at the level we hope. Both have question marks on them , neither have instantly been an auto selections in the GWS side , although GWS have a few of the big body type like Hopper etc.

As i said in a previous post... Kenneddy has had a chance at two clubs now ..so thats a trend that indicates he may not be up to it. .. a bit like menegola. Time will tell. I dont see his kicking as much of a problem ... the questions to me would be on his speed and spread. The chances of either kid being at geelong are thin.

On Hately .. the SA teams will have a task to get back all the young players taken recently.. It would not surprise me if the Gibbs thing is part of that.. Maybe they hope to trade him out for a pick to get one of these kids back. I would think they would be looking at the GC SA kids if they can move them.

Wouldn’t shock me if they traded out the number one draft pick(Adelaide) to GC for lukosius or rankine

Hately too similar to Constable for mine. Both slow accumalating kids but not necessarily game changers. Everyone needs an accumulator, just don't think we need two at a very similar age. Guys like Tim Taranto, Jye Caldwell and Will Brodie are guys I would target and I believe they suit our list better.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would love Taranto he is one of my favourites

Wouldn’t shock me if they traded out the number one draft pick(Adelaide) to GC for lukosius or rankine
It would shock me. You'd rather have a crack at the best available, and then know that you could get Lukosius or Rankine at a later stage for less anyway if they wanted home.

Out of that draft, the only players you would consider getting with a swap for Number 1 are Walsh and Rozee.

Cool, but Menegola is not an 18 year old kid in his first year of AFL footy.
It doesn't matter. We're in a position to win it all this year which was my point in case it flew over your head. Right now Clark's performance is sub par.

Don't overrate kids until they start performing. He's played all but one game and still doesn't have a rising star nom which shows he isnt even in the same class as at least 12 other kids.

I wouldnt mind Kennedy as a DFA.

On Hately he was born in Canberra so i doubt he has big SA go home factor and i doubt either SA club needs him anyway. He would be better off moving to vic.

It would shock me. You'd rather have a crack at the best available, and then know that you could get Lukosius or Rankine at a later stage for less anyway if they wanted home.

Out of that draft, the only players you would consider getting with a swap for Number 1 are Walsh and Rozee.

Rankine is head and shoulders above any player in this draft class imo. That said i doubt GC trade him this year anyway so its probably irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back