Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacobs is finished and i cant see Ryder moving across the country for a 1 year deal.

Goldstein has some appeal if he doesn't demand too much $ but ideally Darcy.

I dont see us going out to get a ruck that is to be our #1. They will continue on with what they have got... adding a younger guy who has talent 200 plus is something we should head towards.. but thankfully it will not be reactionary to one game... unless its a big final that the result of that game has a heightened relevance.

I dont see us going out to get a ruck that is to be our #1. They will continue on with what they have got... adding a younger guy who has talent 200 plus is something we should head towards.. but thankfully it will not be reactionary to one game... unless its a big final that the result of that game has a heightened relevance.

Agreed but it will be interesting to see what happens after finals. Clearly our finals bomb out last year made us accept more forward pressure and we recruited accordingly. Will the same happen with the ruck if Stanley gets beaten?

Agreed but it will be interesting to see what happens after finals. Clearly our finals bomb out last year made us accept more forward pressure and we recruited accordingly. Will the same happen with the ruck if Stanley gets beaten?

Do you have any data on the value of centre bounce rucks compared to boundary throw in ruck..like Darcy. Maybe its time to go have a look for our own USA experiment .. some basketballer thats 210+ and can jump and a Rookie B..

Let's stick to home grown talent, people with a footy brain rather then a athlete. Yes we done well with 2 Irish guys but there similarity in the Irish Gaelic game... A football brain will always win hands down then a athlete. Yes Blitz was a athlete but he did play the game at juniors which would of helped.

Let's stick to home grown talent, people with a footy brain rather then a athlete. Yes we done well with 2 Irish guys but there similarity in the Irish Gaelic game... A football brain will always win hands down then a athlete. Yes Blitz was a athlete but he did play the game at juniors which would of helped.

Thats a yes but ..response. LOL.
Im not only singularly focused on USA born talent. There are plenty of Australian Basketballers overseas that may be worth exploring if they are not happy with their lot.. Rookie B really doesnt give them much money but ist an opportunity so players that are successful would probably have little interest.. Didnt tae long to find one that used to go to Geelong Grahmar..

The think is Rookie B give you the chance to go straight to the talent. Like we tried to recently with Wilson but were beaten by the Pies.

But Id not exclude american talent if the right one could be found..

If we can find a aust talent to sign as rookie b then great , because as you say they will probably have more of an idea of what ist all about.

The last thing we need is another old, rubbish discarded ruckman. Just remember how Hamish McIntosh went. Get rid of Abbott and Smith, continue with Stanley and Sav (our future #1 ruck) with Fort plying himself in the 2s.

What we really need is a decent project ruck youth player.

The last thing we need is another old, rubbish discarded ruckman. Just remember how Hamish McIntosh went. Get rid of Abbott and Smith, continue with Stanley and Sav (our future #1 ruck) with Fort plying himself in the 2s.

What we really need is a decent project ruck youth player.
If I could I would knife Abbott and fort. Both hopeless mature age ruckman. Smith on a vastly reduced contract is a serviceable backup.

If I could I would knife Abbott and fort. Both hopeless mature age ruckman. Smith on a vastly reduced contract is a serviceable backup.
Yeah I'd be OK with that too, only reason I said Fort is he is the youngest of the 3 spud ruckmen on our list. I actually just checked and while Smith's contract expires in 2019, both Abbott and Fort go til 2020 :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abbott and Fort are contracted x

Fort and Abbott are both contracted and younger Smith is out of contract and older. Contract status matters when it comes to fringe players.

Shame Abbott is as he’s now just a list clogger. Would rather keep Smith for another year.

I wouldn't. Abbott outperforms Smith most weeks at vfl level and is younger and on far less wages than Smith. Given both of them are just backups for Stanley anyway i know which i'd rather keep. Smith should be a far better ruck than our others with the attributes he has but he really hasnt done anything since 2017 to show it and at nearly 30 i doubt he will. Abbott is at least improving week by week.

Shame Abbott is as he’s now just a list clogger. Would rather keep Smith for another year.

Bryan was one of a few of the VicM kids that took my eye in the SA game ...looked quite good overhead and neat footskills ... but we just dont seem to like kids..

Smith will be gone .. he is the oldest an not an uto selection.. its just a mater of who he is replaced with.

If Abbot is not doing enough to get selected in front of Stanley ..then he will be gone 12 months as well.

And if we went a traded in King then Fort probably would be a casualty of that...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back