Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Stk and Adelaide floating the idea of trading early picks for multiples in the first round... not something that would have been as popular last year imo... this year with a far flatter R1 ... they may feel P10-P16 .. still has a very good player and not much different to P5-P10

AFL trades 2019: Adelaide, St Kilda both set to put top draft picks on the table in trade period

Adelaide has thrown Pick 3 on the table in a bold play to restock elite junior talent in just one national draft and rejuvenate its ageing list.
The Crows met with clubs late last week at Docklands café 90 Secondi as part of the annual prelude to October’s trade window. Discussions ranged from five minutes to half-an-hour.

Foxfooty.com.au understands Adelaide was crystal clear in its messaging regarding the draft pick obtained from Carlton last November.

If the ladder remains as it is and the AFL does not afford Gold Coast a top-end priority pick, the Crows will head to the trade period with Picks 3, 21 and 28.

But their first round selection - plus later ones - have already been shopped around and will be sold for the right price.

Last year, St Kilda was willing to part with Pick 4 in exchange for two selections in the top eight, but nothing came to fruition.

Although rival clubs told foxfooty.com.au the Crows are open to any offers, it’s unlikely they will place a disproportionately high price on the valuable pick.

St Kilda is expected to follow a similar philosophy during the trade period and is said to be open to trading its first-round pick (currently No. 6) for two selections between approximately 10 and 18.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
What do people think of Brayden Sier ? I don't mind him, but would he be a good at our club, as his Grand Final game was good, or would he just fit our spot.

What do people think of Brayden Sier ? I don't mind him, but would he be a good at our club, as his Grand Final game was good, or would he just fit our spot.
This guy:

INJURED Collingwood midfielder Brayden Sier took to a local basketball court on Monday night amid the Pies' mounting soft-tissue crisis.

Sier, who will miss his fourth consecutive match this weekend with a calf setback, is understood to have played under a pseudonym in a Diamond Valley Basketball Association Division 3 match in Greensborough.

Two eyewitnesses told AFL.com.au Sier played around 20 minutes and was lodged on the teamsheet as "Phill Inn" in an attempt to conceal his name.

And then about an hour ago this came out:

Collingwood midfielder Brayden Sier is set to sign a two-year contract extension and back himself to cement a position in the Magpie midfield.

How long until Thomas is linked to Geelong - or does he have no connections to the club?

Carlton has reportedly informed Dale Thomas that he won’t be given a new contract for 2020.

The 32-year-old was told on Wednesday his sixth season at Ikon Park will be his last, according to 7 News.

A delisting would leave Thomas either looking at a third AFL club or retirement after 256 senior games.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Lewy Taylor n pick?
Yes I hope we are interested he has been discussed on here through the year.
What do you think he’d cost in a trade?
It’s been a while since he’s been at his best and been out of the side a lot this year. Yet he’s still young and has talent.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Lewy Taylor n pick?
Probably similar value to the Darcy Lang trade, so probably a 3rd round pick... Maybe an early 3rd rounder, or late 2nd rounder.
Not sure he's the type we'd be after as we have a lot of those smaller sized mids/forwards - > Fogarty, Narkle, Simpson, Parfitt, Atkins, Miers, Dahlhaus...
Although we do like the guys from the Falcons system returning.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yes I hope we are interested he has been discussed on here through the year.
What do you think he’d cost in a trade?
It’s been a while since he’s been at his best and been out of the side a lot this year. Yet he’s still young and has talent.
Constable and draft pick trade to your advantage. Heard on podcast he may want out for better opportunities. Hate to lose Lewy but I imagine he has a similar mindset to Constable.

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Constable and draft pick trade to your advantage. Heard on podcast he may want out for better opportunities. Hate to lose Lewy but I imagine he has a similar mindset to Constable.
No thanks that would be a hard pass from anyone with anything to do with Geelong. Taylor is almost 25 and unable to play midfield and is currently playing NEAFL. Constable is 20 and will be a very good midfielder. Very very different situations as I said I’d be interested in Taylor but not for a high price. He’s less of a player than Dahlhaus or Miers and plays the same role.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Personally, I cannot see Constable being traded... I'd be absolutely gobsmacked, unless the club thinks he can't run out games - which I think he has the ability no stress.

The only times we lost emerging talent was maybe Brent Prismall in recent history, but he's knee injury slowed him right down by that stage.

Greg Williams another, but that was to technically an expansion club (Swans - even though it was a SM relocation) way back in the early 1980s. Then I guess Wills and Lindner to expansion clubs, and Colbert during the financial turmoil period of the club to NM. I guess it happens, but not very often.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

are you suggesting Constable and a pick for a OOC LTaylor ? Id say Taylor is somewhere between a pick 40 and 60 ... Rohan cost ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Personally, I cannot see Constable being traded... I'd be absolutely gobsmacked, unless the club thinks he can't run out games - which I think he has the ability no stress.

The only times we lost emerging talent was maybe Brent Prismall in recent history, but he's knee injury slowed him right down by that stage.

Greg Williams another, but that was to technically an expansion club (Swans - even though it was a SM relocation) way back in the early 1980s. Then I guess Wills and Lindner to expansion clubs, and Colbert during the financial turmoil period of the club to NM. I guess it happens, but not very often.

The first article that mention CC in a possible trade said Geelong would need good value to be convince to do a trade.. Id agree with your assessment.. that the spread issue is one that is highly prized by the MC.. These butterfly offers don't appeal at all .. It would take serious trade for me to consider letting him go..

ShaunWDT

Premiership Player
Nov 18, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
I really hope we don’t start getting a bunch of over 30 years old

Stevens is pushing it as it is

Ablett was difference due to his talent and history , these players won’t perform anywhere near his level
Steven looked like he hadn't trained all year and still had 22 and 3 off a flank, still a bloody good player.

Mar 11, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Steven looked like he hadn't trained all year and still had 22 and 3 off a flank, still a bloody good player.
Still a very good player and a major reason they won but would you be happy giving up a high (1st round or even early second) pick for someone who has mental demons and may not play many games(of course moving to Geelong may fix his problems and he may play 22+ a year for 3+ years) but are you willing to take that risk

Oh and by the way i love Steven you just have to watch the game on the weekend to see how much he loves football and how hard he tries
If he costs us a late second round i am all aboard

ShaunWDT

Premiership Player
Nov 18, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Still a very good player and a major reason they won but would you be happy giving up a high (1st round or even early second) pick for someone who has mental demons and may not play many games(of course moving to Geelong may fix his problems and he may play 22+ a year for 3+ years) but are you willing to take that risk

Oh and by the way i love Steven you just have to watch the game on the weekend to see how much he loves football and how hard he tries
If he costs us a late second round i am all aboard
I'm not as fussed about the trade expense as most, he's better than anything we would get in the 15-40 range of the draft, would hope we'd have done our due dilligence to ensure his mental health issues won't be an ongoing problem, his body won't be an issue for mine with a big pre season he hardly missed a game for 8 seasons before this year ultimate professional.

Even if constable wanted out, and that's a huge if, he's contracted for two more years. Cats won't let him go easily. He's far better than where he was drafted as he slid due to his endurance issues. The club has spent 2 years developing his endurance. They're not going to invest that amount if time in a kid and get him to being just on the brink of AFL level then trade him for unders. They just won't say yes to that.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm not as fussed about the trade expense as most, he's better than anything we would get in the 15-40 range of the draft, would hope we'd have done our due dilligence to ensure his mental health issues won't be an ongoing problem, his body won't be an issue for mine with a big pre season he hardly missed a game for 8 seasons before this year ultimate professional.

He is a Dangerfield type player .. in that he explodes with pace but is a very average kick . Ironic as he would have played at the Falcons with Danger... the whole issue is one of his making unfortunately.. it was originally his choice to sign an extended contract in 2015 .... if he was coming to a end of his contract he would be a FA ..in fact he would have been a RFA the same timing as Danger back in 2015..

Good or not ..if we pay anything significant we really are pushing the boundaries on value.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 6.31.34 am.png

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Even if constable wanted out, and that's a huge if, he's contracted for two more years. Cats won't let him go easily. He's far better than where he was drafted as he slid due to his endurance issues. The club has spent 2 years developing his endurance. They're not going to invest that amount if time in a kid and get him to being just on the brink of AFL level then trade him for unders. They just won't say yes to that.

Brisbane supporters have been getting bargain for a while due in part to them being a bottom side .. They have become a very good side and more players will be willing to go there.. but unless they are FA , my guess is they will have to start paying for players. If they were serious they would start with Gold Coast's R2 which they hold P19 .... but they are not.. its just more Red Light specials they are after. If Constable gos anywhere I suspect t will be to the likes of StK or Haw or somewhere in Melb.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Another lesson when calculating Steven .....

... we were into BD.. couldnt give what they wanted... and although he was starting to look a bit cooked he had hardly missed in his Rich years... I think Deludio was a bridge too far for GWS.. its probably an indicator of how much player wealth they have had but I wonder if the look back now ..was it worth it... R1 and and R3 (ironically it was our R1 ..and it ended up in Brisbane)..

DELEDIO SET TO ANNOUNCE RETIREMENT
b6997f213c9a328879c548a0cd891dbf

Michael Randall
GWS Giants veteran Brett Deledio will retire from footy at season's end.
The Richmond favourite son re-injured his calf in the snow against the Hawks on Friday night and is facing a 3-4 week stint on the sidelines, which will effectively end his career, unless he can get back during the finals.
It's understood he has made his mind up and will hang up the boots at a media call this morning.
1-8.jpg

“I’m really proud of what I’ve been able to achieve in my career,” Deledio said.
“I’d like to thank the players and staff both past and present at the Richmond footy club, which was my home for over a decade.
“I’m so proud to have played 243 games in the yellow and black and to have achieved two best and fairests and two All Australians there.
“I played my best footy as a Tiger but I’m so grateful for the opportunity the Giants presented me at the end of 2016.

Another lesson when calculating Steven .....

... we were into BD.. couldnt give what they wanted... and although he was starting to look a bit cooked he had hardly missed in his Rich years... I think Deludio was a bridge too far for GWS.. its probably an indicator of how much player wealth they have had but I wonder if the look back now ..was it worth it... R1 and and R3 (ironically it was our R1 ..and it ended up in Brisbane)..

DELEDIO SET TO ANNOUNCE RETIREMENT
b6997f213c9a328879c548a0cd891dbf

Michael Randall
GWS Giants veteran Brett Deledio will retire from footy at season's end.
The Richmond favourite son re-injured his calf in the snow against the Hawks on Friday night and is facing a 3-4 week stint on the sidelines, which will effectively end his career, unless he can get back during the finals.
It's understood he has made his mind up and will hang up the boots at a media call this morning.
1-8.jpg

“I’m really proud of what I’ve been able to achieve in my career,” Deledio said.
“I’d like to thank the players and staff both past and present at the Richmond footy club, which was my home for over a decade.
“I’m so proud to have played 243 games in the yellow and black and to have achieved two best and fairests and two All Australians there.
“I played my best footy as a Tiger but I’m so grateful for the opportunity the Giants presented me at the end of 2016.
That seems like the exact cautionary tale to consider, and the cats were smart enough to walk away from that one.

The real cautionary tale is that during that negotiation the tigers asked for Caddy and the cats wisely refused. Caddy had other ideas. If the saints ask for chook and we again wisely balk at it, will chook have other ideas?

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
People thoughts on Jarrod Brander?? His name has been brought upon and if Tim Kelly ask for a trade to West Coast? I honestly don't know much about him? Is a Key Forward prospect, his numbers in the WAFL aren't much to rave about, but once again Key Forwards do take a while too..

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
What Menegola worth in a trade and I wonder who would be interested ..? He is a FA next year..it would be a Preagency type deal..
I honestly don't know? I know your just putting it up, but injury free year he is easily in our best team.... With out a doubt he is, players sometimes when get injured don't seem to get back to there best and he looks like 1 of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back