Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laird is a gun, would love him.. but they would want the world.
And I also feel we are now that club that is linked to everyone just because it helps the media push a story... we have brought in plenty from other clubs over the recent years. We are now like Collingwood where it is an easy win to just say we are interested in such and such, and there is no accountability from the journo because they aren't saying we are getting them and aren't saying the player in question is interested in us. Just makes a trade target sound jucier if there are multiple clubs mentioned
Astute observation..

But really ..lets spend up big ...on backman ? Goal ? who need them lets just keep stopping them..

Art Vandelay_ does the above sound familiar?

Prior to the Blues match when a few of us met up before the match we discussed a few different players - the above is what was said about Constable & that it's something that had been identified as an area of his game he needs to work on going back to the TAC Cup

Not sure it's enough of a reason for a player to want out though - "Charlie, we like these areas of your game but feel you aren't as strong defensively and would like you to work on that in the VFL".

Surely it's not unreasonable to ask a young player to work on identifed areas on deficiencies in the VFL.
Bartel, Enright, Ling, Ablett... all sent back to VFL to work on "things" in their time.

Put the head down Chook and tick the box. Not saying he hasnt yet, but 2020 will be his to shine.

Go Catters

Bartel, Enright, Ling, Ablett... all sent back to VFL to work on "things" in their time.

Put the head down Chook and tick the box. Not saying he hasnt yet, but 2020 will be his to shine.

Go Catters

Different era I think Daz. SJ was on Foxtel Open Mike .. and he mentioned that specifically..

Last edited:
Highly doubt this is true, but would love it to be

View attachment 744537

This sounds like the inmates are running the asylum ...

“It’ll be a top 10 pick as a trade pick for the Adelaide Crows if they do trade him.

“I’m hearing the Cats might be a contender. Laird’s old teammate Patrick Dangerfield calls a few of the shots at the Cats.

“The Cats will get a good pick or two because they’ll trade Tim Kelly back to the west.”

Of yes I do believe that ... we could that with the player we have... If you have 10 quick horses in the stable ... and you want to have a quick horse in the race.. you do not need to just go and buy another horse..

My point is we don’t have 10 quick horses in the stable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sounds like the inmates are running the asylum ...

“It’ll be a top 10 pick as a trade pick for the Adelaide Crows if they do trade him.

“I’m hearing the Cats might be a contender. Laird’s old teammate Patrick Dangerfield calls a few of the shots at the Cats.

“The Cats will get a good pick or two because they’ll trade Tim Kelly back to the west.”

I joked about that in the match committee thread - Danger was non-committal on Stanley after the Carlton game and apparently the same today; so maybe we blame him for Stanley not playing rather than the coaches...

Yep. No point being quick when the game plan stifles running.

We have locked ourselves into this method ... its pretty much throw the eggs over the cliff ... its break free of the egg and fly or crash...

The west Coast method of play would seem to allow players to show their skills more. And Im not convinced any of the players are super enjoying ... maybe Danger.

I don’t think it has been through lack of trying. But the cascading issues that followed from trading for Hamish McIntosh really have been a clusterf*ck.

Since then it has been more an issue of nothing we have tried working to the level required.
This is really it. Its been a series of attempts that have failed - granted with limited resources - but still FA, drafting, not drafting, rookies, MA selections... everyhting since Otto has basically gone to s**t on the ruckman front.

Not for want of trying.

Go Catters

I joked about that in the match committee thread - Danger was non-committal on Stanley after the Carlton game and apparently the same today; so maybe we blame him for Stanley not playing rather than the coaches...

I wouldnt go that far .. and its not just Danger. We have shown a degree of nepotism ( the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs ) Scott Selwood , Mark Blitz , Zac Guthrie ..go back to Jason Davenport. If Danger says we should get this guy ..I have no doubt we would look and investigate it ..

We have guys who are not allowed to run ... we have guys just as quick ..if not quicker than we had thru the Thompson era ...

I’ll give you Stewart, lesser extent Tuohy, but I’d feel damn uncomfortable with Bews, Henry, Kolo streaming out defence attempting hit an even remotely difficult kick, I do agree that game plan is an issue but I do think the game plan stems from the list we have, not the other way round.

Laird is a gun but not for a top 10 pick.
he'd be worth the pick on the open market, but IMO the pick would be more value to us as the pick itself than Laird.

GO Catters

I don’t think it has been through lack of trying. But the cascading issues that followed from trading for Hamish McIntosh really have been a clusterf*ck.

Since then it has been more an issue of nothing we have tried working to the level required.

This is really it. Its been a series of attempts that have failed - granted with limited resources - but still FA, drafting, not drafting, rookies, MA selections... everyhting since Otto has basically gone to s**t on the ruckman front.

Not for want of trying.

Go Catters

I dont think we were really serious about it..its be a non stop moneyball mindset since the percieved failure of Simpson and Vardy.. Always scounging for something at the value end..which is fine but not as the only method.

I’ll give you Stewart, lesser extent Tuohy, but I’d feel damn uncomfortable with Bews, Henry, Kolo streaming out defence attempting hit an even remotely difficult kick, I do agree that game plan is an issue but I do think the game plan stems from the list we have, not the other way round.
We will not know ..unless we tried something different ..Bews is certainly no worse than Wojo Henry not a great kick yes.. Kolo can kick it ok ..he makes poor choices at time ..its the system that kills him imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back