Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really like Luke Jackson. Youre right though, we need to draft one, not buy one.

Could of put a carrot in front of Obrien or one those types.
Get them before they're value goes up.

Look at Nank at Richmond he really put his big boy pants on when given hes chance.

I dont think we were really serious about it..its be a non stop moneyball mindset since the percieved failure of Simpson and Vardy.. Always scounging for something at the value end..which is fine but not as the only method.
It’s fine when it works but a target for criticism when it doesn’t.

Laird would be exciting, but we have much squeakier wheels than our backline. If we are going to throw the house at someone, you would think Jeremy Cameron is a better option.
Cameron, Darcy Fogarty and Riley O'Brien would be the three I'd be throwing the house at. All young, all fill exact needs that we have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will not know ..unless we tried something different ..Bews is certainly no worse than Wojo Henry not a great kick yes.. Kolo can kick it ok ..he makes poor choices at time ..its the system that kills him imo.

No I can’t have that at all, Bews is both a bad decision maker and technically a bad kick. We’ll have to agree to disagree here.

No I can’t have that at all, Bews is both a bad decision maker and technically a bad kick. We’ll have to agree to disagree here.
Bews is objectively the worst

05B5C18D-403F-45A8-950B-A81993148D66.png

disposal efficiency means little, just watch the games

Stewart is the only one who can kick when it comes to defenders

getting Laird would be another stupid decision

the best we can hope for is we trade players out and not trade players in

Jake Riccardi - apparently we were interested mid-season, wonder if there's still any interest come the end of season?

Riccardi's rapid improvement in his first full VFL season, in addition to his natural physical attributes, saw him rocket into contention to be picked up by a club in this year's return of the mid-season draft.
North Melbourne and Geelong were believed to be among the sides with the most interest in the high-leaping forward, while Sydney led a cluster of other clubs closely monitoring his development.

Jake Riccardi - apparently we were interested mid-season, wonder if there's still any interest come the end of season?

Riccardi's rapid improvement in his first full VFL season, in addition to his natural physical attributes, saw him rocket into contention to be picked up by a club in this year's return of the mid-season draft.
North Melbourne and Geelong were believed to be among the sides with the most interest in the high-leaping forward, while Sydney led a cluster of other clubs closely monitoring his development.

He would be similar to say Kreuger in terms of development and similar in size, probably a few more Kgs and perhaps slightly more ready than Kreuger was... I'd fully endorse this selection at the right price, and you'd probably say he'd be in the Pick 30-50 range on draft day if you use the Kreuger pick as a guide. But I think clubs are looking more closely at mature (State League) talent given the success of recent years, so who knows, he may go earlier as the Key Position stocks are a bit thin in this draft. I am not sure NM needs another tall forward, unless they offload Mason Wood, or they see Jake as a defender potential. Swans on the other hand are looking for Forwards.

So I stand by these guys for our picks and go for youth:

Sam Flanders - Midfiedler/Forward (Pick 8-12) -> From TK trade
Dylan Stephens - Outside Midfielder (Pick 12-16) -> From TK trade or our first pick
Cameron Taheny - Medium Forward (Pick 18-30) -> From TK trade or our first pick
Jake Riccardi - Key Position (Pick 36) - Our 2nd round pick
Jeremy Sharp or Cooper Stephens - Running defender/Winger vs General Midfielder - Whatever picks left... I think Stephens will be gone in Top 40 though, Sharp won't though, and Sharp would be ideal for Clark.

** Then I'd try get Meek from Fremantle with a Late Pick as a development ruck as he's already been in the system and looks a crash and bash type, 4th rounder this year or next. We could probably procure that from any trade on Buzza, or Abbott, or Smith...

Forget Jack Steven, and any other old players, unless its FA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back