Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TK is less of a fit for Freo given where they are at right now. They have a core of very good players under 23. IMO they should be trying to compliment that group using their high picks to draft with high value talent with the idea of contending for their first cup in 3-5 years.

TK being at Freo means an immediate lift (but not in contention) at the expense of medium/long term premiership goals.

This is just my opinion and I may have characterised Freo wrong. But that is my sense of where they are at.

TK is only 25. Nathan Wilson (26), Hamling (26), Lobb (26), Conca (27), Fyfe (28), and Walters (28) are all older. He’d fit their age profile well, imo.

TK is less of a fit for Freo given where they are at right now. They have a core of very good players under 23. IMO they should be trying to compliment that group using their high picks to draft with high value talent with the idea of contending for their first cup in 3-5 years.

TK being at Freo means an immediate lift (but not in contention) at the expense of medium/long term premiership goals.

This is just my opinion and I may have characterised Freo wrong. But that is my sense of where they are at.

I think Freo are a lot closer than that. Fyfe, Walters and Kelly, that is 3 of the very best players in the entire comp. Goal kicking midfielders all of them.
With a new coach and if Hogan can recapture fitness, they are big improvers.

Big turning point for them, lose Hill and don’t replace him and they are not really contenders while Fyfe is at his best. But add Kelly and all of a sudden, they are right there.

I think you are underestimating how good of a player Kelly is. He just averaged 25 possessions and 2 goals a game across three tight finals.
That puts him in a rare category.

Gould was among the leading disposal winners Frampton kick 1 of Ports 6 goals and copped a shalacking as did Port.
Gould played a fantastic game.
Does he just play well cose he's big? Hello!!
He's 18 and playing the best senior men in SA is that ok???

Do we get rid of Constable? We'd be silly enough.
Yeah there wasn't much he could do better I think, just pointing out that he's not playing KPD and the usual development you'd get from a kid filling out to AFL footballer proportions has already happened for him.

He's a low risk late first first a side that needs a medium defender, but how many of those can we shoehorn into our best 22?

If the Cats really wanted to stick it to the Eagles, they could draft Deven Robertson. He's Darren Glass's nephew, and the Eagles are apparently super keen on drafting him. One of the best mids in the draft, and took out this year's Larke medal (best player in U18s championships). Previous winners, from 2011 onwards, have been Coniglio, Whitfield, Sheed, Petracca, Schache, Graham, Allen and Walsh.
That's a cool idea but I also like the concept of adding delisted WCE player and recent Magarey medallist Luke Partington and turning him into an AA too. Would be good to do both

He definitely wasn't tall enough to go one on one with Frampton yesterday
Yeah there wasn't much he could do better I think, just pointing out that he's not playing KPD and the usual development you'd get from a kid filling out to AFL footballer proportions has already happened for him.

He's a low risk late first first a side that needs a medium defender, but how many of those can we shoehorn into our best 22?

Yeah Gould was selected BP, they must have smashed the Port forwards including 200cm Frampton.
I think he'd be an impovement on all but Stewart, and he's a different type of half back altogether more like an attacking Jeremy McGovern.
Big intercept mark and big kick.
He played 12 home and away games and 3 finals in succession.
As a rebounding HBF he's rated 9th ( total no rebound 50's) in the SANFL.
That was from only 12 games, if he'd played 18 or more like the rest he would've been probably 2nd SANFL rebound 50's.
This is an 18 year old just starting senior footy. He's also going at 90% def incredible.
Check the stats yourself. I'd be playing Clark on the wing next season and Gould backflank, l also reckon he'd be that big body we don't have down there.
Reckon Pt Adel and Crows might use their first pick on him.
Having said this we'll probably select another 180/78 type as we always do.
Any thoughts on Riccardi??
We need more o/head ability on our list and fwd options.

Last edited:
I had a quick look at his first 7 v Joel Corey a decent footballer :)
Goals Corey 2 Charlie 5
Tackles Corey 13 Charlie 26
Clearances Corey 15.Charlie 16
Disposals Corey 91 Charlie 150
Marks Corey 20 Charlie 31.
It also took Joel Corey 15 games to take his first contested mark.
That certainly backs up the bolded.I hope he stays too.

All good but you do need to remember it was a much lower obsession style game of football back when joel corey debuted.

Some of the best midfielders back then averaged disposals in the low 20’s per game.

It's hard to compare debutant’s back then to ones now based off stats

All good but you do need to remember it was a much lower obsession style game of football back when joel corey debuted.

Some of the best midfielders back then averaged disposals in the low 20’s per game.

It's hard to compare debutant’s back then to ones now based off stats

Really! That explains it then.

Forget ploys or rels... I want him flat out. If you want a ploy go and get Pickett from Richmond..he would be OOC

Pickett has already signed a contract extension for next year - from late August:

Mid-season draftee Marlion Pickett has signed a one-year contract extension as he tries to force his way into the Tigers' line-up for the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Gould was selected BP, they must have smashed the Port forwards including 200cm Frampton.
I think he'd be an impovement on all but Stewart, and he's a different type of half back altogether more like an attacking Jeremy McGovern.
Big intercept mark and big kick.
He played 12 home and away games and 3 finals in succession.
As a rebounding HBF he's rated 9th ( total no rebound 50's) in the SANFL.
That was from only 12 games, if he'd played 18 or more like the rest he would've been probably 2nd SANFL rebound 50's.
This is an 18 year old just starting senior footy. He's also going at 90% def incredible.
Check the stats yourself. I'd be playing Clark on the wing next season and Gould backflank, l also reckon he'd be that big body we don't have down there.
Reckon Pt Adel and Crows might use their first pick on him.
Having said this we'll probably select another 180/78 type as we always do.
Any thoughts on Riccardi??
We need more o/head ability on our list and fwd options.
That's a lot more homework than I've done on him. Based on that you'd think top 10 pick so unlikely we get him unfortunately.

I instinctively want to go best available but I look at our KPDs and think about Blitz being 28 and the only one of them that can actually run, Taylor being near retirement, and Hendo no spring chicken at 29. Is Kolo the answer? I like him but does he have the leap for aerial contests against someone 196+?

I also look at the age of our elite contested ball winners and think we might have bigger gaps to fill within the 0-24 months it would take to get most draftees up and firing at the level

That's a lot more homework than I've done on him. Based on that you'd think top 10 pick so unlikely we get him unfortunately.

I instinctively want to go best available but I look at our KPDs and think about Blitz being 28 and the only one of them that can actually run, Taylor being near retirement, and Hendo no spring chicken at 29. Is Kolo the answer? I like him but does he have the leap for aerial contests against someone 196+?

I also look at the age of our elite contested ball winners and think we might have bigger gaps to fill within the 0-24 months it would take to get most draftees up and firing at the level

We definitely need a big key defender and a big fwd (maybe Riccardi)
With Kreuger that would enable us to play taller and improve our overhead.
I think we'll get Riccardi with a 50's pick, hope so anyway.
If we went Gould we could push Clarke to a wing.
Trade 2e.

We definitely need a big key defender and a big fwd (maybe Riccardi)
With Kreuger that would enable us to play taller and improve our overhead.
I think we'll get Riccardi with a 50's pick, hope so anyway.
If we went Gould we could push Clarke to a wing.
Trade 2e.
I hope we get Riccardi as well. But I think there could be a few teams be looking at him as the Key Forwards are a bit scarce ...
I wonder how true that we were keen on him during Mid Season draft?

So you would think that like last year TK will anounce he is leaving the day after our BnF.... Possibly with a medal around his neck, how Dangerfield of him!!!!
Wouldn't even be mad. He'd have earned it and his massive contract at west coast.

Did not know where to post it but have a good source Ablett will sign a 1 year contract.
Can afford to keep him on with not having Kelly's contact at 800k p.a.
One more year with an elite playing coach at training every week mentoring the young forwards isn't the worst idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back