Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING TO ALL VISITORS TO THE GEELONG BOARD. You are - for the most part - welcome to discuss the current list management & trading situation at Geelong. However, this is our board, so be respectful of the home board posters & don't inflame arguments (make your points succinctly and move on). And if you're just here to troll, then don't bother or you will be enjoying a holiday

Should say to gws - don’t match and we help you get Cameron.

Send 34 to freo, hogan to gws and some gws dud to Geelong (one of their untried rucks).

They get 9 + hogan for Cameron. That’s a good deal.

So we trade pick 34 for a no name player to help us get Cameron for nothing? AKA draft tampering?
I’ve got an idea as well, let’s offer Hawkins a 2 year contract on 100k a year but offer him a 600k a year deal Off the books to be a sponsor for cotton on. Then we can sign another gun in free agency along with Cameron.

So Giants will get overs for Williams and Corr, will get Hogan for a packet of chips, yet want to force us to give them slightly more than pick 9 for Cameron.

Something doesn't add up with Charlie. He can find the ball and was reasonable at AFL level and dropped. Then again the club doesn't generally let players go unless they feel they won't make it.

Cant see a pick trade that suits Geelong and North Melbourne for Shaun Higgins, reckon Constable or Narkle will make the trade for both clubs.

Something doesn't add up with Charlie. He can find the ball and was reasonable at AFL level and dropped. Then again the club doesn't generally let players go unless they feel they won't make it.

He can only play mid. If you're looking at center square mids even if you assume we leave Danger forward he's way behind Selwood, Guthrie, Duncan and Parfitt as starting mids. Add Higgins in for next year who's a very good mid. Simpson stepped up massively this year and went well ahead of him and is more versatile. Fogarty and Narkle have shown similar amounts but are more versatile. Jack Steven is a free hit where if he gets his body right and his confidence back he'll be excellent. Then if we have injury issues we've got better guys like Dangerfield and Dahlhaus who can move into midfield.

So he's miles back in the queue and that's before you think about guys who haven't played yet but are high picks so we should give games to. Guys like Cooper Stephens and any early picks we get this year. To get him games you're going to have to rejig the midfield to remove a guy who right now is a much better player. If they'd seen enough to think he's going to be a gun they'd be doing that but clearly they haven't. We'll see whether they're right but their record is pretty good in this regard.

It's got to be that his running capacity hasn't improved. He's got AFL quality but only for 60% of the game and if you're going to play that little you've got to have Nic Nat type impact. I do find it odd that you wouldn't just wait and see for another year though because we're not going to get much for him. I guess at that point the judgement call is that there are other young players we'd like to keep who could get squeezed out with list size reductions.

It's got to be that his running capacity hasn't improved. He's got AFL quality but only for 60% of the game and if you're going to play that little you've got to have Nic Nat type impact. I do find it odd that you wouldn't just wait and see for another year though because we're not going to get much for him. I guess at that point the judgement call is that there are other young players we'd like to keep who could get squeezed out with list size reductions.
I think the club is doing the right thing for constable to explore other options clearly is not in the clubs plans and would have been better to trade him a year ago but thats hindsight and I dont think we will move on too many more.

m
What was Jay Clark saying about Jesse Hogan getting to GWS that helps the Cats

I hope it doesn’t involve Jordan Clark going to Freo.
more likely they have a replacement for cameron cheaply so might now accept compo

He definitely isn't a gun goal sneak it just pisses me off when people say "im relieved its not us" when the bloke has way more to offer than someone like Constable who cant get a game but is constantly talked up on this board as being treated unfairly. People need to realize that the job of the GFC is too put the best team on the park and 9 times out 10 the players people on this board want in the team arent part of the best team, dont be so dismissive just because he is from another team and your favorite rookie isn't getting a game.

You've conflated two distinct realities here. I certainly said that I'm relieved if we're not looking at Jack Higgins. However, you won't find a record of me censuring the club for not selecting blokes like Constable and the like over the years. I'm not actually 'meh' around Higgins because he comes from the Tigers, or because my favourite young player at the Cats isn't being selected.

Like you, I actually think the club gets the decisions right way more often than not, when it comes to list management and team selection. Having said that, until I see concrete evidence that our reported interest in Higgins wasn't anything more than a naming error on behalf of the journo, I'm going to remain relieved that we're not in the market for the Tiger variety Higgins.

Just don't think he's a huge need, and certainly could see him 'costing' his destination club quite a lot, given his contractual status.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you rather Jack Higgins over Dahlhaus? Dahlhaus doesn't hit the scoreboard enough. I'm hoping a player on our list can slowly push him out of best 22.
I would trade dalhaus in a hearbeat if he's half forward again, better to try him in the middle or let him rundown his contract

Would you rather Jack Higgins over Dahlhaus? Dahlhaus doesn't hit the scoreboard enough. I'm hoping a player on our list can slowly push him out of best 22.

Dahlhaus is way better in the contest and has way better hands for setting up others. I haven't seen much of Higgins but I think he'd be more similar to Dahlhaus. Quick, decent kick, works really hard up and back and a good eye for goal. Dahlhaus is a much better tackler, ball winner in the contest and creative handballer. I'd say Dahlhaus is better and complements our other forwards more. I just don't think Higgins is what we need right now when we've got Miers, Close, Simpson, etc who we're developing (not saying Higgins is worse I just don't think he's better). There's every chance his medical issues are going to hold him back long-term too.

I don't want him sitting round, I want him in the twos working on his marking ... and then once he learns to stick the marks, crashing into the ones and putting the fear of Cats into every defence in the league
Instead of throwing the toys out of the pram and running at the sight of competition 👍

Why is there Jack Higgins talk?
Media confused him with Shaun Higgins. Not even kidding...

I don't think they rate him athletically..like guys who can run out games. Miers for example is probably rated for hims goal kick but also his K's in games. Have a look how they used Menegola and Blitz. If Constable could run like Blitz/Menegola etc ..Id say he would be playing.
I dont totally agree with it, not saying its not true, but every player has a weakness

I dont totally agree with it, not saying its not true, but every player has a weakness
Thats true of course and then the MC will decide wear this or that ..if they can bring this or that... depending one what they rate. Tigers for example or far less worried about excellent kicks and more focused on speed and pressure... which is fine when you have one the best kicks in the afl to finish for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back