Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not but let’s not forget ppl had him delisted a month go.

You need more than a hot two days to make a summer. Being a father son he won’t get traded and he doesn’t strike me as an outgoing, show me the love kind of guy.

We actually have very few outgoing “Collingwood” types.

Who the hell had him getting delisted after his 27 disposal return game a few months ago?

I am hoping Simpsons finals have made Geelong re think Crouch

I'm pretty sure the Cats have watched Crouch closely for atleast 12 months, I'd think the form of Guthrie, Menegola, Parfitt and as you said Simpson have them rethinking it.
When the midfield looked entirely reliant of Danger and Selwood it made more sense, right now it doesn't.

I dont want to lose Simpson or Sav though.

1. Gws need to find money to match
2. If they do, we give 13 + 18. That’s it
3. Clark is our best young player, he’s contracted, not going anywhere
4. Esava is a key piece to us long term. Hawkins will retire in a couple years, esava + Cameron are our future pillars

We have quite a few young kids we need to get games into happy for selsy to start r10 next year save his body and with retirements we could have 2 spots up for grabs

They’d be better to take pick 9 and then we gift them that fringe player for a pick in the 50s

I mean the AFL isn’t going to block a trade of Fogerty or Constable for a packet of chips. I mean purely hypothetical but they wouldnt block Jordan Clark or Esava for a pick in the 50s.

If you see a story in a paper that say's pick 7 for so and so or pick11 for some player and a 2nd rd it's all bullshi- clubs don't tell reporters this sfuff......unless it;s official
Plus clubs can't trade draft picks they don't actually have

Think this just may be my favourite tweet from Tom Browne

Hey McCartney... pot kettle black...

He (McCartney) then moved back to Melbourne to be the Western Bulldogs' list manager at the end of 2011. He left this role post the 2017 season and moved to Sydney to be the GWS Giants list manager.

How does Pre Season draft work...
Surely nobody picks JC up and pays him 850k when he doesn’t want to be there

Lol get a load of this campaigner, Geelong is the only team to ever trade for a FA so now every d/h thinks we need to trade for them every time now.

Mate what will you be trading for Williams?
We have had to pay overs in dollar terms, for Williams to get him for "free". You have to pay a price for a free agent. Either overs in dollars so opposition can't/won't match or you trade. Geelong don't pay overs in dollars so you trade. Which is fine but it's something you need to get your head around.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still wouldnt let him go. He is our only decent big guy under the age of 25/26 years old. De Koning may be good but we dont know.
True but if we had to keep one of DeKoning or Sav it’s definitely DeKoning.

Sav is the one who would take the money because he has said he wants to make it. so he can look after his mum
Simpson I definitely don't want to lose after watching him this year

I'd be reluctant to lose Ratugolea as he's only 22, was a later comer to the game and looks to still have a lot of room for development; but if a deal worth over his value was presented then it could be hard to say no
[/QUOT Sav would take the extra money as hey has said he wants to look after his mum

Had to laugh before ... walking the Dogs and a Hawks supporter rung up Dwayne pipe on SEN ... moaning about FA.. was gutted for a week when they lost Buddy.. now their dreaded enemy is getting Cameron.. he's against FA.. what you think Dwayne.?.. The answer was .. you as a Hawk support against it? What about when your club bringing in players... Hawks has been at the fore front of binging in players... Frawley , Gunston ..etc etc. Sort of had no where to go then.

And then tends to be the way it works no many have an issue when they are bringing in players.... GWS did not have probably bringing in Scully and if they could attract Daniher as a FA ..and trade Cameron I'm sure they would not be whinging as much about players in FA.

Id expect Gold Coast after all this hub stuff to attract some FA 's in the next couple of years .. as soon as they actually win a bit more.

1. Gws need to find money to match
2. If they do, we give 13 + 18. That’s it
3. Clark is our best young player, he’s contracted, not going anywhere
4. Esava is a key piece to us long term. Hawkins will retire in a couple years, esava + Cameron are our future pillars

I'd happily trade Esava and a first round pick for Jezza. Once Jez arrives there's no KPF spot for Esava. Post-Hawkins, our marking forwards will be Jez and Danger. I don't think Esava will ever make it as a ruckman, he's only 197cm and I doubt his tank will ever reach the required level.

Collingwood might.....he grew up a Collingwood fan so probably wouldn't be too upset.

thought the industry had moved past the Nick Stevens days...

I'd happily trade Esava and a first round pick for Jezza. Once Jez arrives there's no KPF spot for Esava. Post-Hawkins, our marking forwards will be Jez and Danger. I don't think Esava will ever make it as a ruckman, he's only 197cm and I doubt his tank will ever reach the required level.

Strongly disagree

Sav will be our FF post Hawkins. He’s 22, late to footy and better than most key forwards his age. Has the tools and is still learning. Will be a good player for us. Danger will play that Ricciuto role. Cameron chf.

In the short term Sav will still get games as next tsll in line or ruck when Stanley is injured

Strongly disagree

Sav will be our FF post Hawkins. He’s 22, late to footy and better than most key forwards his age. Has the tools and is still learning. Will be a good player for us. Danger will play that Ricciuto role. Cameron chf.

In the short term Sav will still get games as next tsll in line or ruck when Stanley is injured.
Agree just because you have two tall's doesn't mean you shouldn't have some developing and getting ready to take over.

Or are we planning to get another long shot like Sav form the draft and hope he makes it or go FA/trade again when Hawkins retires.

I am not overly happy we haven't had young forward coming through same with rucks.

Sure as hell don't want to go down the path of we have two key forwards don't need more.

So many trades are just trying to make the best of a non ideal situation. Sav is OOC at the end of 2021. Do we expect him to get games in 2021? If not we best extend his contract now or others will come for him next year.. Alt is to trade him now... but it would make us very thin. Really young or really old

and the good thing is for some , and for my bruises from yesterday , .... if we drop Crouch then we can afford to take on more of Higgins money...meaning a less lucrative trade.

True

I think he can make it as a ruck but i get your doubts. We would have to bring in another afl ready ruck though if we trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back