Status
Not open for further replies.

catswhiskers

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
Far North East
AFL Club
Geelong
They delisted him a year ago. So obviously they didn’t think much of him then.
Schlensog went from very ordinary to ave VFL standard at cat land. Whether he could maintain that improvement slope was the question. Geelong went safe. Obviously he played very well at WAFL level so he did improve further. Can he go one more step is the question GFC now face.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
So who do people want for our last selection? I like keeping the mid year draft as an option but there are a few tasty options left imo
There is going to be kid who should’ve been drafted but weren’t due to Covid and not being able to show there skill set and development.
That’s the player I think we will look at, nothing in particular.
Just a talent who was unlucky

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
So who do people want for our last selection? I like keeping the mid year draft as an option but there are a few tasty options left imo

The best talent available that has the most potential for our long term needs. If that KPD or outside run I'm not fussed. Surely there is some sort of long shot no one has heard of that we can slip in be advantageous for our list. Breuer maybe or Molan ..maybe an unlucky Falcon, we seem to like them.

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong

I'm a bit nervous about our depth in key defence but if we can hold a pick for the mid season draft I think that would be a great move. There's normally only a handful of picks but there are a whole stack of players especially from Vic who had basically no chance to show their abilities in the last 2 years. I would expect the mid season draft to be more valuable this year than normal with half a season to watch these guys.

I’m not sure but clearly the club has some doubts seeing we didn’t take him in either draft.

Dfa window for ssp isnt til jan so we might take him then.

standupand

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2019
Meanjin
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm a bit nervous about our depth in key defence but if we can hold a pick for the mid season draft I think that would be a great move. There's normally only a handful of picks but there are a whole stack of players especially from Vic who had basically no chance to show their abilities in the last 2 years. I would expect the mid season draft to be more valuable this year than normal with half a season to watch these guys.
Totally agree our key defence depth is the area of need for 2022 and probably the years ahead. We need someone who can slot in and do a job straight away. I can see the logic of waiting to mid-season to see some exposed form on some players, but in my view it would be better to bring someone in before the season start. At least then we have better cover in that area if we get injuries early in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree our key defence depth is the area of need for 2022 and probably the years ahead. We need someone who can slot in and do a job straight away. I can see the logic of waiting to mid-season to see some exposed form on some players, but in my view it would be better to bring someone in before the season start. At least then we have better cover in that area if we get injuries early in the season.
I wouldn't say the years ahead so much. Just one taller guy I would settle for. The hbf and smaller lockdown types I think we're fine for. Probably a back up development type if we want a stretch target.

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Dfa window for ssp isnt til jan so we might take him then.

So I assume it’s just a free for all when that window opens? Any indication that we have players training with the club?

I reckon we are more likely to wait till the mid season draft and monitor the form of the kids in the first half of the year.

So I assume it’s just a free for all when that window opens? Any indication that we have players training with the club?

I reckon we are more likely to wait till the mid season draft and monitor the form of the kids in the first half of the year.

Window is jan to march and yes clubs can have anyone train with them now just cant sign them til jan. I assume we will hear after christmas if we have anyone training with us. I agree we might leave the spot open til mid season which allows us half a year to see nab league/vfl form etc.

My comment was more that we are now clearly looking to rebuild so does him staying on for any more than next year be of any benefit to the development of our kids that will need games? I want to see Stevens getting games (which hopefully starts to happen in 2022) and the guys we drafted recently.
* that. Isaac can play as long as it takes for one of these kids to rightfully displace him.
No gifts, make these young upstarts earn it.

Too much obsession with youth among our fanbase.

Larry Donohue

Premium Platinum
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
fu** that. Isaac can play as long as it takes for one of these kids to rightfully displace him.

Thankfully it isn't just the fan base anymore, but the ceo and recruiters are moving there too. It's time to shift and needs senior games into young players. Smith is a fuphy.
Dahlhaus, Higgins, Rohan, Menegola,
Even Selwood, Stanley and Tuohy need spells

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Thankfully it isn't just the fan base anymore, but the ceo and recruiters are moving there too. It's time to shift and needs senior games into young players. Smith is a fuphy.
Dahlhaus, Higgins, Rohan, Menegola,
Even Selwood, Stanley and Tuohy need spells

What? We aren’t going to play Smith till he’s 39?! And wheel Higgins out onto the ground in a wheelchair to play?

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
fu** that. Isaac can play as long as it takes for one of these kids to rightfully displace him.

Cause the geriatrics have 10 years of finals failure. They can’t get the job done, so need to move aside for ones that might.

You seem to be from the chris scott school of doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result. Thank god the club has finally seen the light and basically admitted to this, rather than listening to the fans who want to see us keep being embarrassed in finals every year and calling it success.

Sire of Claude

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Go Down at K Park: I haven't agreed with a post so much for ages!!

If 10 years of finals failure and a team full of blokes who regularly get BELOWS in finals doesn't see significant change in selection and game style then they're Rita Mae Brown mad at the Cats.

New faces please, a sense of hope for the future, the joy of seeing young chaps improve and grow etc.

Cause the geriatrics have 10 years of finals failure. They can’t get the job done, so need to move aside for ones that might.

You seem to be from the chris scott school of doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result. Thank god the club has finally seen the light and basically admitted to this, rather than listening to the fans who want to see us keep being embarrassed in finals every year and calling it success.
Very poor post. But it is to be expected, so much arrogance has seeped into this fanbase that making finals every year is now something to clench fists and rage at. Some clubs make finals 1-2 times a decade and we’re ungrateful at doing it annually. We have one of the worst sets of fans in the country.

Smith was one of our better players and someone is wanting him moved aside for a 0 gamer. * that. That’s what caught my attention and ire. Like big whoop for wanting to see Stevens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back