Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists... Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would people rather see him stay?

Yes. It’d be the best option. Give the kid a block of games, actually playing him in his position. The continuity will give him confidence and he will become a good player. He has the talent.

A pick in the 20s without a proper U18s season is highly speculative.

Its way worse.

Higgins could play.

Ceglar is a :lemon:

With Hawks paying 200k I don't see anything wrong with recruiting Ceglar. I think we are happy with our young rucks and just need some insurance until they develop.

I think the worried about our ageing list perception is more pointed to our young players than the industry.

They realise they f***ed up and its cost them Clark and Krueger.

They don't want to get in a certain than costs them an SDK or Neale.

Last edited:

Hope we are trying to get Brisbane’s pick 18 as part of the fort deal.

Cats get: 18
Cats lose: 34 41 fort

Brisbane get: fort, 23
Brisbane lose: 18, 60

WB get: 34, 41, 60 for points
WB lose: 23

That’s +285 points for WB

If we then do ceglar, trade for the future rnd 3 we get from the Clark deal. Assume we get 22 + a FR3.

Gives us 18, 22, 30, 32.

If we then do ceglar, trade for the future rnd 3 we get from the Clark deal. Assume we get 22 + a FR3.

Gives us 18, 22, 30, 32.
I reckon it would be pretty unlikely Brisbane entertain anything like that

With Hawks paying 200k I don't see anything wrong with recruiting Ceglar. I think we are happy with our young rucks and just need some insurance until they develop.

I think the worried about our ageing list perception is more pointed to our young players than the industry.

They realise they f’ed up and its cost them Clark and Krueger.

They don't want to get in a certain than costs them an SDK or Neale.
The ageing list is not perception, it's reality.

Clark will not be playing for Geelong again...
Will be done late but he’s gone
Its a waste, because players immediately after him like Duursma (Port), Sparrow (Dees), McInerney (Swans) would have contributed more. Or had we done a deal and gotten in a few picks early we could have gotten a look in at Butters.

That said, if we can get pick 19, the last few pick 19s (not including 2020 because its too early to say hit or miss, and 2019 we took SDK at 19) have been Liam Stocker (ok), Wil Powell (pretty good), Tim English (really good) and Ryan Burton (also quite good).

The ageing list is not perception, it's reality.
Oldest team in a final wasn't it? Hard to say its perception with stats like that.

Perhaps rejigger with some future picks for bid matching next year?
Pick 18 is probably too valuable to be in that kind of trade unless we're throwing some hefty draft capital back at them. Like if we got Pick 22 for Clark and gave that to them with Fort they might give us 18 but maybe not even then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gives us 18, 22, 30, 32.
‘Tell him his dreaming’

Gives us 18, 22, 30, 32.

Something I just twigged to is that 2023 could be an interesting draft year. Given the delayed development of players over the last two years combined with list size reductions this year there will be a lot of "maybe" players getting sent through to the seconds/missing getting drafted, and most of them will end up in state leagues to continue development. Come 2023 your going to have the normal crop of youngsters coming through, but your also going have a higher than normal level of young journeyman kicking around. Decent chance of picking up some quality nearly ready to go players in the 21-22 age bracket then with cheap picks.

Plus Oscar runs all day and runs to the right spots. Different types though. Constable inside mid. Oscar outside runner
Apparently slow. But I ain't sure on that, never watched him much.
Keep him as a VFL player and see if he does develop.
Looks like he won't even be that... Sounds like the club wish him the best. In other words - as Bugs would say - "that's all folks".

Clark will not be playing for Geelong again...
Will be done late but he’s gone
Totally agree.
Touche

Gives us 18, 22, 30, 32.
My gut feel is apart from Bulldogs and Pies, most other clubs want pick upgrades themselves. I have a funny feeling we might trade into next year, perhaps on draft night, as Wellsy does tend to go left field at times. Don't think Lions will part with 18, even for a downgrade.

What's everyone's time prediction of when we cave and take #22 for Clark?

I'll say 11:50am

P.S I think 22 is ok for him but would really like us to win this one and snag 19.
I genuinely think they're happy to hold him to his contract so I think they'll take the excuse to say no if Freo give it to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back