Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists... Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandra Sully with the late news..

Suns delisted Greenwood what are they up too.

Sandra will get to the bottom of this.
Hasn’t been spoken about yet but I also don’t understand it.
Have promised to pick them up with pick 90-105 or something
But what if another team decided to pick up Greenwood with a pick in the 60’s
Just madness

Just madness

He's one of their best contested players.
Gets 8 p,us tackles agame .

I don't understand it...

I said earlier how I think we do it.
Before bids made, trade
23 to us, send Geelong 2022r2,r3 to bulldogs .

After the bid on Darcy, trade
32 to bulldogs for their 2022r2.
Overall, (ignoring the swapping of 2022r2)
23 for 32,geelong2022r3.

About 23 for 32,48 ( we gain 815 points lose 886)..

Dogs wouldnt do it that way as then after the first leg they dont have the points to match darcy at 2.
Id say more likely is when darcy is bid at 2 on clock:
23 to geel for 34, 50 (gives enough points to match at 2) and future 3rd from us.
Then post bid they trade their future 2nd to us for 32.
In essence we lose 32 34 and 50 for 23 and upgrade a future 3rd to a future 2nd and they match darcy and get a pick back in the 30s this year.
Could use different pick numbers but you get the idea.

Just madness

Its so they can make the mandatory 3 senior list changes they will redraft him at pick 97 which will be 60 anyway.
They are banking no one else will take him as a DFA first because of his injury.

Hasn’t this been outlawed? There was a bit of commotion about it a year or two ago.

They outlawed you trading the same exact picks out and back in so long as you do the 2 legs with different picks (which we can as we have multiple r2s) its legal.

He's one of their best contested players.
Gets 8 p,us tackles agame .

I don't understand it...

After a certain age players going into the National draft can pick their terms for the contract. GC are betting that no one will be able or willing to pay his wage, doesn't hurt that his is coming off an injury and non-one else would be able to force him to do a medical. He is also 30 next year.

After a certain age players going into the National draft can pick their terms for the contract. GC are betting that no one will be able or willing to pay his wage, doesn't hurt that his is coming off an injury and non-one else would be able to force him to do a medical. He is also 30 next year.

I forgot how old he is.

Got into the AFL st a later age.

I forgot how old he is.

Got into the AFL st a later age.
Was a bloody good basketballer at a young age - was interesting to hear he made the change to play AFL, but good to see the player he turned into

Dogs wouldnt do it that way as then after the first leg they dont have the points to match darcy at 2.
Id say more likely is when darcy is bid at 2 on clock:
23 to geel for 34, 50 (gives enough points to match at 2) and future 3rd from us.
Then post bid they trade their future 2nd to us for 32.
In essence we lose 32 34 and 50 for 23 and upgrade a future 3rd to a future 2nd and they match darcy and get a pick back in the 30s this year.
Could use different pick numbers but you get the idea.

That scenario only leaves us with 22, 23 and 36?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats true if youre ooc but as he is contracted for next year i dont think he can the new club just takes over that contract.
But hes probably on 500k and no club would want to risk that on a 29yo coming off a serious injury so its probably academic.

What do we do with the other 2 list spots?

Weve got options for eg we can elevate 2 rookies and take 2 extra rookies or one and a dfa or use pick 90 (which will become 60ish once teams pass).

What do we do with the other 2 list spots?
We could take a pick at 60ish at the end of the draft as that is about the pick the draft will end with the list spots available or promote some rookies like Close and backfill there.

I’d almost rather just use our current picks then way overpay in this draft which is what we will have to do.

We could take a pick at 60ish at the end of the draft as that is about the pick the draft will end with the list spots available or promote some rookies like Close and backfill there.

I’d almost rather just use our current picks then way overpay in this draft which is what we will have to do.

I’d be happy to just do a single trade of F2 + 34 for 23. Or something similar.

I'm starting to warm to the idea of taking Roberts with our first, given it seems he won't be taken in the first round now due to question marks over his athleticism.

He had an injury interrupted year but played mostly league for South Adelaide. In the three U18 games he played he had:

25 disposals, kicked 1.1, 6 tackles, 6 clearances
37 disposals, 1.1, 8 tackles, 5 clearances
34 disposals, 3.1, 9 tackles, 8 clearances

He also came 2nd in the 2km time trial at the SA combine. He might not be quick/explosive, but he knows how to find the pill, he has a damaging left foot, and he has an engine.

I'm starting to warm to the idea of taking Roberts with our first, given it seems he won't be taken in the first round now due to question marks over his athleticism.

He had an injury interrupted year but played mostly league for South Adelaide. In the three U18 games he played he had:

25 disposals, kicked 1.1, 6 tackles, 6 clearances
37 disposals, 1.1, 8 tackles, 5 clearances
34 disposals, 3.1, 9 tackles, 8 clearances

He also came 2nd in the 2km time trial at the SA combine. He might not be quick/explosive, but he knows how to find the pill, he has a damaging left foot, and he has an engine.

We do need some speed. Parfitt isn’t quick. Stephens isn’t really either from what I’ve seen. I’m not sure that Roberts is the type we should be necessarily prioritising? And will his game stack up in a fast paced AFL environment? The fact he’s dropping despite his resume would suggest many clubs have similar concerns.

Sam Butler, Sonsie or zac Taylor.

They’re the ones I want with our first. Pacey, Zippy, clean, smart players with good skills that would be a point of difference to what we have.

Hope we trade up to grab WB’s pick to get two of these.

Then with our remaining picks, go for a key defender (dean or Alleer) and best available. I think Connor Macdonald will be a value pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back