Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucker isnt any worse than the bottom 6 we run out every week and is the right age profile, adding someone who can actually kick a footy would be a positive aswell.
I wouldn’t entirely by opposed but he does seem a very average player.
What do you think he could bring? Playing half back or midfield, if he’s a better kick then that would be handy.

If we somehow pulled that off, Wells would have his already immortalized status elevated to God tier. Incredible trade, that only we benefit from, and particularly Port would be pretty filthy with

Why would port be filthy they have told Ladhams he's out & we would be giving up our top pick for him?

Thoughts...

It seems like two different trades mashed together here.

1st: Clark and 34 for Tucker and 27. No. Just no.

2nd: three way with Ladhams for 27 and Port gets us Brander for a noise pick. Port would say no.

Why would port be filthy they have told Ladhams he's out & we would be giving up our top pick for him?

Mmm I've studied it a bit more and deleted my post since, but I still think Port would be pretty filthy with Pick 27 only for a contracted Ladhams that they want an end of first rounder for, whilst having to send back around Pick 50 as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tucker = vomit.

Doesn’t get a game for Freo, Freo!

Would be the 35th player on our list. Would not get a game and is the definition of a list clogger.

Don’t need to be diluting any Clark compensation either.

Hope it’s just rubbish and not true
Tucker has suffered significant injuries which has limited his AFL exposure in the past 2 seasons. I have seen him play, in my opinion he is similar to me Menegola. He two way runner however his workrate and disposals get overlooked by more skilled players. In my view he is not a terrible player and could compete with Bews for a lock down role or spend time as an inside mid. There's a reasonable argument around whether bringing in Tucker would come at the expense of the development of a younger player? Not sure who? maybe Stevens or Stephens? But Tucker does address an age demographic on our list

Assuming we end up trading both Clark and Krueger I’d be looking at this trade/draft scenario -

Trades -

Clark plus 32 for 25 and 27. Left at this stage with 25, 27, 30, 34, 54.

Krueger for a future 3rd.

Trade 25 and 27 for Bulldogs 17.

Left with 17, 30, 34, 54

Draft -

17 - Zac Taylor or Campbell Chesser
30 - Tom Brown or Connor MacDonald
34 - TB, CM or Ned Long
54 - ?
What's the point difference between 25/27 and 17?

I would want the points to basically be the same or just a little over (towards the Dogs) for that to happen. So something like 27/30 or 30/34 (depending on points).

Tucker isnt any worse than the bottom 6 we run out every week and is the right age profile, adding someone who can actually kick a footy would be a positive aswell.

Yeah that’s not him though, he’s a solid body, who will run both way all day but he’s a clanger machine, he can win his own ball but that’s the only plus I see.

What's the point difference between 25/27 and 17?

I would want the points to basically be the same or just a little over (towards the Dogs) for that to happen. So something like 27/30 or 30/34 (depending on points).

1025 vs 1459

In order to facilitate the trade it would need to be in the Dogs favour to allow them extra points to draft Darcy. And also more attractive than other teams that might want to do the same with the Dogs.

1025 vs 1459

In order to facilitate the trade it would need to be in the Dogs favour to allow them extra points to draft Darcy. And also more attractive than other teams that might want to do the same with the Dogs.
Yeah it definitely needs to be in the dogs favour... but if we are 400+ apart I can't see the Cats adding more to it unless they added another pick to it.

Would prefer to keep 25/27 in that scenario and improve position using the other picks.

Yeah it definitely needs to be in the dogs favour... but if we are 400+ apart I can't see the Cats adding more to it unless they added another pick to it.

Would prefer to keep 25/27 in that scenario and improve position using the other picks.

If you are going to trade into the teens then we’ll need to use those picks. You might get lucky and be able to use 25 and 30 but I doubt it.

I’ve never seen a club pick up 3 players in one trade. Seems fanciful.

Can't see this happening.

1. Would be shocked if we had any real interest in Tucker.

2. Can't see Port taking 27 & giving a 3rd back to offload Ladhams

3. if we wanted brander or tucker, surely these are straightforward separate transactions, like pick 52 or future 3rds.

Regarding all the J Sweet talk.
He was behind Young at the end of season when the Dogs were crying out for a ruck solution.
Lynch has more upside I feel.

If you are going to trade into the teens then we’ll need to use those picks. You might get lucky and be able to use 25 and 30 but I doubt it.
I would be happy with three picks in the early to mid 20s. It's an open draft with Covid hindrances... there's going to be plenty of prospects that may either slide or come into contention thereabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back