Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, it's richmond, they've had their little bubble of everything going the right way but they'll rejoin their norm of fluffing high draft picks and being a mediocre team.
Melb will follow suit in a handful of years.
We seem to have found our norm right now, constantly making finals but never really being a genuine chance of winning.
I've seen this doing the rounds on here since our finals exit. "Norms" is such a myth. Melbourne won 12 flags up until 1964. That was their "norm". Then it became 57 years of nothing. Richmond's norm was 10 flags up until 1980 and then 37 years of nothing. There isn't some curse on the club that prohibits us from winning flags. We could have won another 4 since 2011 and still had a 50 year drought afterwards. We may or may not win another flag, it won't be because of some "norm" that we are forsaken to fall back into.

I'm finding it interesting that apart from a lot of media hype, Clark (or his agent) hasn't officially asked for a trade.

When do you think this occurs, after the FA allotted period?

I actually would like to hold him because I still believe in the talent but he has to be onboard with what the coaches are asking and what the team overall needs.

Hey Guys, my opinion has always been the best assessment you will get of a player, is from the team they play for's Big footy forum.

Darcy Fort?

He will never set the world on fire but when he came in he wasn’t a liability - I reckon he could have had more games and is a handy list player for sure

The type of ruckman who will lose the ruck battle 40-60 on an average day and that’s handy to have as 80 20 gets ugly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mentions interest from Geelong. Fair dinkum that is stomach churning. Bloke dropped multiple times at Freo this year and will be 25 well before the season. Freo supporters claiming he played some of the worst footy ever in a Freo jumper this year. That’s saying something.

Surely this is just putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. Imagine him soaking up games over Stephens, Holmes, Evans, Narkle or even keeping Constable.
Two days ago media said Crowley and Tucker being re signed.
Clark for Tucker and p8

Do your research , he wasn’t dropped once.
I do think in a better system, he would be a good player. He does have pace, and good footskills. Not the worst. He would be quicker than Blicavs, Menegola, as other options we have played on the wing.

I do think in a better system, he would be a good player. He does have pace, and good footskills. Not the worst. He would be quicker than Blicavs, Menegola, as other options we have played on the wing.
🤦‍♂️ Darcy Tucker being compared to Menegola or Blitz. Jordan Murdoch is the player you were thinking about and meant in write in your post.

I'm finding it interesting that apart from a lot of media hype, Clark (or his agent) hasn't officially asked for a trade.
He publicly asks for a trade and the 1 year deal on the table probably goes.

So they'll quietly look for something, and because nothing is forthcoming he'll quietly sign that 1 year deal and try again next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe Cats, like most clubs, are on the limit with their salary cap.
With Selwood asked to sacrifice a pay cut to bring in last years trio.
The delisting's to date have been of minimal cap benefit
So I doubt we can afford a money chasing good player
Nor can we afford to squander picks on rejects from other clubs.
Picking up unhappy game seeking kid is our best choice.
I don't believe the club wanted Kreuger or Clark to leave...
especially with Hendo vacating and ideal spot for Kreuger
Clark was made an offer the club couldn't match.
Being forced to play some Kittens will prove to be a blessing

Rumour has it Cats are seeking to trade up for an early pick.
If so, He had better be a ready to play gun...
Rather that our usual left-field injured bargain bin find.
Would prefer to have more even picks that one good one.
We will need to fill a huge talent hole in the near future
Thankfully we will have the Salary Cap space to do so.

Not sure who the Cats will pick but sure hope he has the right stuff.
Especially those things that cannot be coached into you....
Physically:-
Height, Speed, Power, Athleticism, Agility, Co-ordination, Balance
Reflexes, Anticipation, Spatial Awareness, High IQ, Durability
Mentally:-
Self Confidence, Self Motivation, Desire to Succeed. Goal Setter.
Self Discipline, Optimism, Leadership, Low Anxiety, Ability to Focus,
Mental Resiliency, Determination, Killer Instinct,
Ability to learn from Setbacks, Humility, Appreciation.
... and a Sense of Humour.

Last edited:

Mentions interest from Geelong. Fair dinkum that is stomach churning. Bloke dropped multiple times at Freo this year and will be 25 well before the season. Freo supporters claiming he played some of the worst footy ever in a Freo jumper this year. That’s saying something.

Surely this is just putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. Imagine him soaking up games over Stephens, Holmes, Evans, Narkle or even keeping Constable.
Is there a chance you can copy and paste this article to read please?

Is there a chance you can copy and paste this article to read please?
Fremantle could say goodbye to a second Victorian midfielder during the upcoming trade period, with Darcy Tucker’s future remaining up in the air.
Tucker, who has played 94 games for the Dockers across six seasons, remains uncontracted ahead of the start of the annual trade period on Monday.
Geelong are understood to be among Victorian clubs interested in the 24-year-old, who could help freshen up an on-ball brigade led by veterans Patrick Dangerfield and Joel Selwood.
It raises the prospect of the Horsham product being involved in a trade with Cats speedster Jordan Clark, which would essentially allow both players to return home.
Fremantle are already resigned to losing classy on-baller Adam Cerra, after the former No.5 draft pick requested a trade to Carlton.

If Tucker also departed it could enable the Dockers to gain Clark while still maintaining a strong hand in November’s national draft. Fremantle currently have picks No.8 and 27 and are expected to add the Blues’ pick No.6 to that as part of the Cerra deal.
Tucker played every game under Ross Lyon in 2019 but his progression has stalled under Justin Longmuir on the back of a serious hamstring tendon injury in round eight, 2020.
He played the remainder of this season after returning in round seven, but was required to spend the bulk of his time in defence. Before his hamstring injury Tucker had made steady but encouraging improvement as a midfielder.

Tucker’s progress stalled on the back of a bad hamstring injury. Yes
The departure of Cerra and looming retirement of 36-year-old club legend David Mundy could open the door for more midfield time for Tucker if he remained at the Dockers. But equally opportunity could present at the Cats, who have the oldest list in the competition.
Despite the loss of Cerra and potentially Tucker, fellow Victorian recruits Sean Darcy, Andrew Brayshaw, Caleb Serong and Hayden Young remain key to the club’s future. Brayshaw is locked in until 2025, while Serong and Young are both contracted until the end of 2023.
Fremantle small forward Mitch Crowden, who played a career-high 16 games this season, also remains without a contract for next year.

Remember, Tucker might be 25 next season, but he is 24 until he is 25 :tearsofjoy:

He publicly asks for a trade and the 1 year deal on the table probably goes.

So they'll quietly look for something, and because nothing is forthcoming he'll quietly sign that 1 year deal and try again next year.

Hes already contracted for 1 more year.

Clark + P30 for P8

Values Clark at Pick 20 which is about perfect
Clark is a bust. Not worth a pick in the 30's.

Said it when he was drafted..

Has Mitch Knevitt listed at 181cm and 77kgs... whoopsy

Shame we can't get Brown as Father son, sounds like he is the bolter.

Can someone paste the names of the Top 30 just released in the Herald Sun?

Do your research , he wasn’t dropped once.
Don't care that he was dropped. I care that our list has a binary switch between contending with him not being best 22 and playing kids with him not being a player you build around.

There is no plausible argument that tucker would be b22 at the cats in any reasonable scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back