Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id think it would involve Neale for sure. The question is .. how long before Neale plays for us? What do we do till he is ready to play... is there a better options to recruit as a ruck?
There's definitely logic there, if just be uncomfortable giving up a player that seems to have a much higher ceiling. 2m tall and hugely athletic, I'd rather keep him and ruck Fort if he's not ready

I guess we will see... but its not much different in the way we traded Fogarty for a player they thought could immediately play.. Darcy if his body is up to it ..will have 5 plays years ahead ..and could play from day1
That was trading a player who was ready out for a another player who was also ready, not sure it tracks as well but I get what you're saying

Honestly... would like all of your views. What would Sean Darcy be worth in a trade pick...
Probably our second at the least, and Essendon/GWS' second at the most.

You don't want to know what I myself would trade for him though...something something ham sandwich...something something packet of potato chips...

I totally get the knocks on (Sean) Darcy but I’ve always hoped he’d end up back at Geelong. He has some deficiencies but all young rucks do. His physicality would be a big asset particularly when we lose some players like Selwood.

I really doubt geelong would trade out Neale. He seems from limited viewing to have some real talent. With Dekoning and Esava they are 3 talented young talls. Neale seems as likely to play as a key forward. So no reason having Darcy would need to impact his development.

I thought Darcy Tucker was being played at half back. Can he make it as a midfielder? What would that mean for Constable and Stephens?
We will have to replace some in the midfield soon. So having some choices wouldn’t be a bad thing. But we do need some top talent to come through there.
I think Parfitt is developing very nicely, even in the games this year his ability to take and absorb hits has improved a lot.

I thought Darcy Tucker was being played at half back. Can he make it as a midfielder? What would that mean for Constable and Stephens?
We will have to replace some in the midfield soon. So having some choices wouldn’t be a bad thing. But we do need some top talent to come through there.
I think Parfitt is developing very nicely, even in the games this year his ability to take and absorb hits has improved a lot.
Don't think it changes much for Constable. Tucker seems to be a viable forward rotation based on the highlights so plenty of room for him with Stephens playing more off half back

According to footywire.com.au Shaun Higgins is only contracted till the end of this year? Is that correct?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's definitely logic there, if just be uncomfortable giving up a player that seems to have a much higher ceiling. 2m tall and hugely athletic, I'd rather keep him and ruck Fort if he's not ready

Thats one way to go..but Fort by himself is probably not enough ..if we are seriously inand about as a falf chance.. Have a look at Gold Coast ..egt rid of Wright and now are in strife.

I really hope we sell him a future vision, because him leaving would be just another copout way in which we've decided to take the easy route of grabbing an established player for a select position, rather than developing them ourselves

Well you might make that case... fair enough.

Id say the greek kid and adding another ruck thru the draft would not be that much different.. they are probably not going to see much action till they are 21-22.

According to footywire.com.au Shaun Higgins is only contracted till the end of this year? Is that correct?

Not correct - his contract at North finished this year, but he signed on for 2-years when he joined us; appears footywire hasn't updated info from his days at North

"Higgins, 32, was under contract at the Roos for 2021 but was told he was free to look elsewhere to secure his future and will accept a two-year deal at the Cattery."

That was trading a player who was ready out for a another player who was also ready, not sure it tracks as well but I get what you're saying

Thats true.... but it is also trading at a player who would probably not be best25 for a best 25 player.. If its about improving the 'best 25-28 players' then the cost of future games will be paid. We will see how many game Fog plays I guess in comparison to Hig

Honestly... would like all of your views. What would Sean Darcy be worth in a trade pick...

He is contracted..it will be more than you want to pay. A young ruck at 23, with years to play... if we could get him for a R2... it would be a bargain. I think Freo would want a price similar to what we paid for Stanley. He was 23 and had played 58 games

Thats one way to go..but Fort by himself is probably not enough ..if we are seriously inand about as a falf chance.. Have a look at Gold Coast ..egt rid of Wright and now are in strife.
He might not be enough, but sav in a pinch might be. Just feels like we'd be losing a miles better prospect for the sake of maybe 30 games

He is contracted..it will be more than you want to pay. A young ruck at 23, with years to play... if we could get him for a R2... it would be a bargain. I think Freo would want a price similar to what we paid for Stanley. He was 23 and had played 58 games
Stanley was traded as a forward though if I recall correctly. I remember media heads being shocked that we put him in the ruck. Unless I'm remembering it wrong

He might not be enough, but sav in a pinch might be. Just feels like we'd be losing a miles better prospect for the sake of maybe 30 games

Atpit ...Neale has not played a game... if we projected the type of player he might become ..someone like Stanley is not a bad template.

miles better? Who knows really.... and being a WA kid. I think we should at least be aware that if a WA clubs comes calling it may be enticing for him.

Lets watch and see if the club tries to sign him. If he is willing to extend etc... that will give a us a hint

Atpit ...Neale has not played a game... if we projected the type of player he might become ..someone like Stanley is not a bad template.

miles better? Who knows really.... and being a WA kid. I think we should at least be aware that if a WA clubs comes calling it may be enticing for him.

Lets watch and see if the club tries to sign him. If he is willing to extend etc... that will give a us a hint
Yeah I guess it's less that I'm sold on Neale as a gun, though he does have all the right attributes, and more that I'm not sold that rucks like Darcy have a place in modern footy. I think he needs a second position and as far as I can see he really doesn't have one that he can do effectively.

Yeah I guess it's less that I'm sold on Neale as a gun, though he does have all the right attributes, and more that I'm not sold that rucks like Darcy have a place in modern footy. I think he needs a second position and as far as I can see he really doesn't have one that he can do effectively.

He is not the type that fit with how we like to have run..and he is more of a tap ruck.. very different to how we have been for sometime...

It would be a significant change to our side structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back