Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atm though Narkle would be worth very little..if anything
Exactly

Was out of contract at the end of last season and can't recall hearing of too much interest from other teams

I know we signed him on a 1-year deal, but unless he finds himself in the best 22 come seasons end, I'm not sure he'll still be on the list next season

We do have another WA player on our cards that could be used in a trade for Tucker and Darcy.... Narkle. Combine it with some 3rd rounders.

Narkle has no currency trade wise he is a late pick or DFA.

Can’t find the photo but purely Tom Hawkins questionnaire at the start of the year
This thing?

D1FD3B69-9616-4832-9219-6E0703DABFA2.png

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
If Geelong considers Darcy will improve with age, and if he is not too immobile for the predicted future game, and if the trade doesn't cost too much, getting an AFL experienced 22 year old ruckman from our area doesn't seem a bad idea. If we end up with too many good ruckmen at some point in the future, then we can trade one out. Last season, Stanley, Fort, Sav and Jenkins were all injured, or just back from injury, at the same time.

Agree. I understand if people think Darcy is the wrong type for the modern game (i dont i think he can be closer to Nankervis personally) but whether its him or someone else we need to trade in a 22-25yo ruck this year its clearly the biggest area of deficiency on our list.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Agree. I understand if people think Darcy is the wrong type for the modern game (i dont i think he can be closer to Nankervis personally) but whether its him or someone else we need to trade in a 22-25yo ruck this year its clearly the biggest area of deficiency on our list.

Nankervis? Had not thought of that...I was think of the way Hawkins is in the forwardline... could he bring that around the ground...

As long as it doesnt cost an exorbitant amount then its would be prudent .... if the kids develop quicker than expected they would still probably not be ready to ruck while Joel is playing. It may be a chance to see our guys having a legit ruck.

Nanakervis average 2. marks a game... Darcy 4.5 so maybe you have something.

I did not like the lack of a left hand that was highlighted on one show recently . Some his size should be making sure he can hand pass 10-20 metres with both hands.

Last edited:

BennyGan

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Funny thing about straws is all the stuff danger said cheeky about fishing and lifestyle about Cameron
I like straws and let’s keep clutching

That’s it, it’s beautiful
danger from geelong and all his family lived there, zach has no ties to the cats and youre going off tommy saying hes the best kick in the comp. think its a little different lol but i hope im wrong hahaha.

That's cool but Nank cost pick 46.

If a ruck isn't elite they should be cheap

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers
What kind of money do we think Selwood would be on this year? Watching him already this year im 95% sure he will retire at the of the year, i actually thought he should have pulled the pin last year, if he goes surely that free's up a good chunk of salary cap, maybe 600-700k.

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Funny thing about straws is all the stuff danger said cheeky about fishing and lifestyle about Cameron
I like straws and let’s keep clutching

That’s it, it’s beautiful
Absolutely as Danger has since said he spoke to Cameron a few times through the last year about fishing and geelong lifestyle. Maybe Hawkins needs an extra hand on his farm. And also someone who can hit the ball on his chest for a few years.

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
What kind of money do we think Selwood would be on this year? Watching him already this year im 95% sure he will retire at the of the year, i actually thought he should have pulled the pin last year, if he goes surely that free's up a good chunk of salary cap, maybe 600-700k.
We will never have a player like Selwood at the club again. Let’s not retire him to free up some cash. He’s had a great start to the year. Wasn’t at his best at times last year. Hopefully he finds his role with the other miss back and can maintain his form.
If he plays again next year it’ll only be if he thinks he can still play a good role. And most likely he’d take less coin to do so.

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers
We will never have a player like Selwood at the club again. Let’s not retire him to free up some cash. He’s had a great start to the year. Wasn’t at his best at times last year. Hopefully he finds his role with the other miss back and can maintain his form.
If he plays again next year it’ll only be if he thinks he can still play a good role. And most likely he’d take less coin to do so.

I didnt say retire him to free up cash, I think he will retire on his own wishes at the end of the year, was simply asking how much do we think he would be on considering the sacrifices he has made over the years in regards to $$$.

I doubt he is on less than $800k. Reported he was on over $1m in 2019 and our contracts seem to be pretty flat.

I doubt he is on less than $800k. Reported he was on over $1m in 2019 and our contracts seem to be pretty flat.
by my records he's UFA at season end.

Clearly wont be going anywhere else... but no dead $$ if he retires as contract is up. Guess it comes down to his rig, his mind, the club's position and how much he wants if he can play on.

Go Catters

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
That's cool but Nank cost pick 46.

If a ruck isn't elite they should be cheap

Be interesting to go thru the cost of all the rucks. Nank was p35 for the swans as a 19 year old ..then swans traded him for 46 ... so good value for rich.

I think the price like most things are relevant to supply and demand.. Ottens was not eliet when we trade for him, and we really didn't bring him in as a ruck so.. its tricky putting value on the role.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Be interesting to go thru the cost of all the rucks. Nank was p35 for the swans as a 19 year old ..then swans traded him for 46 ... so good value for rich.

I think the price like most things are relevant to supply and demand.. Ottens was not eliet when we trade for him, and we really didn't bring him in as a ruck so.. its tricky putting value on the role.
Still you wouldn’t think trading for a ruck that’s 80% of the time injuired would cost a lot for the club

I just don’t see his worth imo

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
danger from geelong and all his family lived there, zach has no ties to the cats and youre going off tommy saying hes the best kick in the comp. think its a little different lol but i hope im wrong hahaha.
Don’t forget he also called him the smartest player with footy IQ also haha

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
I think this was jacks post..

That's definitely one kid we won't be getting our hands on. Looks set for a big season, Giants have cash to burn with all their departures, and there was an article a little while back about how happy and settled he is there, and how much he loves Sydney.

Taylor, XOH and Bruhn are my three. The latter in Bruhn, will absolutely be the easiest to get home, so I'd be going hard for him - as he is a genuine gun of the future

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Don’t forget he also called him the smartest player with footy IQ also haha

There's definitely a friendship there, no denying that - as they've hosted the country game together every year for the past 5 years or so.

While I think he'd be perfect, and we'd be his most viable destination given his attitude, skillset and country roots, I still don't think it'll be enough to make him leave - as it looks like Essendon is heading in the right direction now, and he definitely looks a lot happier/more focused and committee on field.

Would love him, but every week I mean more towards the notion that he'll stay - especially given how crap and boring we've been this year lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back