Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve seen this before
Will Probably still asked to be traded back but now Adelaide have bargaining power
Proof is in the pudding. He signed on.

I still feel as though he'll come back. There was a lot of smoke there. He's also not getting a game at the moment, which makes me think it's a smart move for him. Sign the contract and get some stability, and Adelaide get the benefit of having the whip hand in trade talks

We’ve seen this before
Will Probably still asked to be traded back but now Adelaide have bargaining power

Its having a bit both ways. It locks in 2 years probably on reasonable money but he still probably feels a club will get it done if he wants out. The players tend to forget when that doesnt work and tehy get stuck. Ablett made a huge mistake extending beyond his original 5 year contract. Look at Kelly wanting out after one year.

If the have signed him to dollars well over what other clubs rate him at it could make it difficult. So I hope he is hapier than just signing to lock in dollars.

perhaps. the cap situation hurts them
I don't think Port would see a ruck as a need with their list and I doubt they have the cap. Adelaide would have the cap but are they going to kick out ROB and throw away draft picks in the process with where they're at?

I would say Grundy would need to go to a contender with cap to burn and a bad ruck situation. I don't see that club tbh.

Trading Grundy however would entail that epic contract..... and i dont think anyone wants a bar of that.

Go Catters

I don't think Port would see a ruck as a need with their list and I doubt they have the cap. Adelaide would have the cap but are they going to kick out ROB and throw away draft picks in the process with where they're at?

I would say Grundy would need to go to a contender with cap to burn and a bad ruck situation. I don't see that club tbh.

My thinking is IF they have cap while they are building they are one team that could take the cap stress of Collingwood. If they took all his money I suspect the picks would not be what we had to pay for Cameron. No certainty for sure. Future picks of some sort..no advantage this year

Trading Grundy however would entail that epic contract..... and i dont think anyone wants a bar of that.

Go Catters

Its the contract that would mean it would not cost them a fortune in picks...but would it be a smart move when the Crows are rebuilding?

If you are collingwood, they probably just have to lump it. Easier to move other players. I wonder who would be interested in DeGoey

My thinking is IF they have cap while they are building they are one team that could take the cap stress of Collingwood. If they took all his money I suspect the picks would not be what we had to pay for Cameron. No certainty for sure. Future picks of some sort..no advantage this year
Even if it's a 3rd rounder I don't think it would make sense for the crows. I honestly don't know who would be interested in taking on the contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keeping with the midfield search he doesn’t have the cleanest skills I do like Sam Powell-Pepper. Not getting games at port and still young. His attack on the ball or player would be a huge asset. Also went to school with Narkle.

One would think someone will come calling for weiderman.. too good for VFL
He got dropped got brown? Dogs would be mad not to throw a pick at them for him
You'd think a lot of clubs would be very keen. The dogs have some good forward options already. A team like the pies would be very keen I’m sure.
He’s young enough to appeal to all clubs no matter what stage their list is in.

Keeping with the midfield search he doesn’t have the cleanest skills I do like Sam Powell-Pepper. Not getting games at port and still young. His attack on the ball or player would be a huge asset. Also went to school with Narkle.

Do we need someone like him though as we seem to have a few promising young midfielders coming through who'll be pushing for spots over coming seasons

He's also contracted at Port until next year, and if they are happy to let him go cheap then maybe questions should be asked as to why - seems to have been a few questions asked as to what was the driving factor behind him taking personal leave on the eve of the season

Do we need someone like him though as we seem to have a few promising young midfielders coming through who'll be pushing for spots over coming seasons

He's also contracted at Port until next year, and if they are happy to let him go cheap then maybe questions should be asked as to why - seems to have been a few questions asked as to what was the driving factor behind him taking personal leave on the eve of the season
He’s different to what we have in his aggression. He’s only 23 and they have a good midfield. Which is why he’s not always getting games. Even when he’s out of contract he’d still be young enough. He’d be a good replacement for Selwood in the middle. I don’t see that aggression in any of our younger players.

He is physically a unit but his disposal can be pretty rough. May need a Mark Williams type to babysit him. I think we can do better

Geelong and Gold Coast champion Gary Ablett Jnr has shut the door on a possible AFL comeback.

Ablett, who retired after last year’s Grand Final, floated the prospect of a potential mid-season return to Geelong via the mid-season draft.

"I actually called Andrew Mackie (list management at the Cats) and said, 'Mate, if you had let me know you were recruiting those guys I would have stayed around for another year'," Ablett told Newscorp in April.

"He had a bit of a laugh and I said, 'If there is such a thing as a six or seven-game contract please let me know because I will be ready for the last three or four games of the season and finals football'."

But speaking on SEN WA Breakfast with Gilly and Goss, Ablett clarified those comments and further stated that he is happy in retirement.

“There will be no comeback. That was tongue-in-cheek,” Ablett said.

“I did say that I would be open to the conversation if the club did approach me about it and that was more out of respect for the football club.

“If they were wanting to have that conversation, there would be a very good reason for it.

“I found out after making that comment that I think it’s impossible – it can’t happen. With the AFL rules in place, it means a retired player needs to be out of the game for at least 12 months.

“Happy in retired life, happy spending more quality time with my family and I’ve got a lot of other things that I’m passionate about. I’m enjoying investing time into that.”

Ablett will go down as one of the greatest players to grace the game with his CV unmatched in the modern era.

The 36-year-old played 357 games for the Cats and Suns, won two Brownlow Medals, is a dual premiership player, an eight-time All-Australian and a five-time Leigh Matthews Trophy winner.

Not sure we need a mid that can’t hit the side of a barn. I’d be passing on P-P on that basis alone. He also has off field issues.

Im not against raging bulls that cant hit the side of the barn exclusively ... one in the side is not such a bad thing. We did try to add Crouch last year. It make me think that we may still have a look for a young mid that is PnP of some sort ... but I agree we are more likely to be interested in a clever ball artisan than someone like SPP. And I do not think he is good enough to balance his questionable traits.

Id think thre are a few players like that playing at the lower level. Harms playing last night for the demons

AS you have indicated before ... lets see what the draft may have this year. My bet by the time we see the kids play a bit there will be someone we like the look of.

It was must then let's look at a FA or someone that young and has more potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back