Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He style is not my favourite but would it be fair to say its rare that his direct opponent to dominate?

Anyway ..best available? He is still contracted. He will cost.

Oh, I thought he was OOC this year and that’s where all the ‘go home’ talk was coming from.

In that case I can’t see it happening. Freo groomed him as Sandilands’ replacement for a long time and presumably don’t want him to go. Even if he demanded a trade we don’t have a first round pick and they surely would hold him to his contract TK style unless we offered overs.

He is 3-4 years away. Look at where Henry is at 22-23. What we may have to do is absorb games while he accumulates experience and games
Maybe we could go down a different route and try and get someone like Flynn from GWS or Hayes from Port. Alot cheaper and behind other ruckman. I mean I know there record with Mumford in but if I was Flynn I wouldn't be happy playing second fiddle while Pruess is out and he looks decent to me.

Maybe we could go down a different route and try and get someone like Flynn from GWS or Hayes from Port. Alot cheaper and behind other ruckman. I mean I know there record with Mumford in but if I was Flynn I wouldn't be happy playing second fiddle while Pruess is out and he looks decent to me.

They have to be questionable standard. If we are going to bring someone in then I suspect we will look at someone with sustained form at the level. WE have three young players that look good long term ..its the next two or three years while the mature that needs coverage.

Id say the more we need the role covered the more likely we are to pay overs for someone like Darcy.

Yes... but he would be worth a 1st round pick

I suspect the club would look at who we have and who is critical. If I were to guess..id say that a #1 ruck may be more important to support the players geelong have brought in.. than to have a young HBF for example. Perhaps even a young ruck.

The club is pot committed to make the most of the players they have accumulated. Its why it would not surprise me if we are linked to Collingwood at some stage this year. They need points for their father son

I suspect the club would look at who we have and who is critical. If I were to guess..id say that a #1 ruck may be more important to support the players geelong have brought in.. than to have a young HBF for example. Perhaps even a young ruck.

The club is pot committed to make the most of the players they have accumulated. Its why it would not surprise me if we are linked to Collingwood at some stage this year. They need points for their father son

If they trade Clark for Darcy then microwaves will be getting a workout with all the memberships passing through them

If they trade Clark for Darcy then microwaves will be getting a workout with all the memberships passing through them
Maybe that's why the club went with digital members as they thought peeps would be less likely to microwave their phones 😉

Not saying it will happen but id not be surprised. Do you think he is worth an R1 atm? He certainly would not be if out of contract.
Clark or Darcy? Clark wouldn't be on the basis that he's in and out of the side. He's shown enough upside at afl level to suggest he has a high ceiling and with his attitude he miss out from a lack of trying.

Darcy might be on paper but I'm already having chest pains and tasting copper over trading in a ruck with potentially dodgy knees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clark or Darcy? Clark wouldn't be on the basis that he's in and out of the side. He's shown enough upside at afl level to suggest he has a high ceiling and with his attitude he miss out from a lack of trying.

Darcy might be on paper but I'm already having chest pains and tasting copper over trading in a ruck with potentially dodgy knees.

Clark would not be worth an R1 atm. Agree with your concerns but its rare you get the equivalent of a Boss Mustang thats only been driven to church on Sundays etc. Even Ottens had issues that we decided to absorb. For someone like Darcy at his age and experience , maybe you risk that he doesn't last as long as you might hope. I look at his shape and heft , and think those knees are not getting any better but I also look at the guys we have brought in, it would be dereliction of duty to do all taht and ignore the ruck role. Is there someone better?

The only so called players we been linked to is 2 Freo players in Tucker & Darcy....
I cant believe that the Freo players would be our only links but I guess its possible. We will look to improve our best22

2015, Danger, Henderson, Smith,
2016, Black, Tuohy
2017, Ablett
2018, Rohan
2019, Jack Steven, Jenkins
2020, Higgins, Smith, Cameron

Clark would not be worth an R1 atm. Agree with your concerns but its rare you get the equivalent of a Boss Mustang thats only been driven to church on Sundays etc. Even Ottens had issues that we decided to absorb. For someone like Darcy at his age and experience , maybe you risk that he doesn't last as long as you might hope. I look at his shape and heft , and think those knees are not getting any better but I also look at the guys we have brought in, it would be dereliction of duty to do all taht and ignore the ruck role. Is there someone better?
I like SDK brother playing ruck for Carlton (TDK). But I think he is under contract. In terms of trades, while maybe not as popular but menegola could have high value. I am not encouraging this trade. But as somewhat ruthless view, and if the club considered that Clark has a larger upside. All hypothetical.

I like SDK brother playing ruck for Carlton (TDK). But I think he is under contract. In terms of trades, while maybe not as popular but menegola could have high value. I am not encouraging this trade. But as somewhat ruthless view, and if the club considered that Clark has a larger upside. All hypothetical.
It was reported we made a play for SDK brother last trade period and think we offered our future first rounder and were told to piss off

Unless Carltons get desperate trying to sign Cripps and McKay then I cant see us getting him. We do not have an R1 to trade now, only the Fr1.

Yeah, but I just don't think he's Otto so I wouldn't want to absorb those risks. It might be a dereliction of duty to not go all in on solving an issue that you have right now but the issue we have this year might not be the issue we have next year. If our best football next year requires a dominant tap ruckman then sure, but in 2016 I'm certain most Tigers fans would have been saying that if they don't start winning the clearances they're cooked.

Yeah, but I just don't think he's Otto so I wouldn't want to absorb those risks. It might be a dereliction of duty to not go all in on solving an issue that you have right now but the issue we have this year might not be the issue we have next year. If our best football next year requires a dominant tap ruckman then sure, but in 2016 I'm certain most Tigers fans would have been saying that if they don't start winning the clearances they're cooked.

I guess we just have to see how go this year. If the footy god keeps dangling the flag carrot I suspect they will just add the best play now talent they can.

Saw that Darcy Tucker had 32 in the WAFL last week, and 20 in the seniors this weekend.

Maybe he's almost a straight swap for someone like Narkle. I think Narkle doesn't have the work rate to be consistent at AFL level. I think Tucker is a better finisher, as an outside mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back