Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that Darcy Tucker had 32 in the WAFL last week, and 20 in the seniors this weekend.

Maybe he's almost a straight swap for someone like Narkle. I think Narkle doesn't have the work rate to be consistent at AFL level. I think Tucker is a better finisher, as an outside mid.

Is he any better than Lang or Thurlow?

If the club wants him to stay and he wants to stay then he probably will. If he feels better chances are elsewhere and someone else wants him then he will get there without much in the way of trade cost.
I was referring to if he becomes Shai Bolton over night which, let’s be honest, isn’t going to happen.

Yep. Not easy. The recruitment team would need to get creative. Hence the Menegola option.

But then the player has to want to leave, and in Sams case he could have walked as a DFA at the end of this season if he so wished to move to a new team - the fact he instead signed a contract extension at the end of last season would indicate that it's highly unlikely he's looking to move elsewhere or be a trade option

The time for Menegola to leave was last year.

Menegola was stiff not to be All-Australian last year. No way we dump him on that form....

Clubs, and teams don't work that way, and if you need any example to show what happens when you treat players like cattle, I refer you to the Collingwood Football Club.

Menegola was stiff not to be All-Australian last year. No way we dump him on that form....

Clubs, and teams don't work that way, and if you need any example to show what happens when you treat players like cattle, I refer you to the Collingwood Football Club.
Trading is not a computer game.

It's an interesting study. Where did it go wrong for Collingwood. Was it already set in play in 2018 when they were in the GF? Was it in the trade period that year when the brought Beams back and used P18, their FR1 pick and some icing to trade for him? What was their SCap like after that deal? Was it when the signed Grundy. Was it when they asked Treloar to move his contract back for a second time ...

Anyway ... was it the players they lost? How did it differ from Port did?

Its a delicate task no doubt. Certainly some ex champs of our seem to still have grumbles. Maybe it goes hand in hand with success to have the ego thats say you should be able to play till you say you are ready to go.

Our system certainly seems biased towards the players yet the small name players are more likely to get that sort of treatment.

Even if we worked within a baseball type system where the players were chess pieces, I doubt Menegola would get us much anyway. The players that are going to get you something , are the players you do not want to lose.Like Kelly. If Cam Guthrie was to leave for a good offer, we would probably get an r1 pick ..but would we really want a p15 to 20 for him?

De we have many players that we could use to get a deal done for TDek? Id say most of the players they would want, we would not want to let go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to drop Menegola not dump him and we can not drop people if we have no won to push then out, You give games to the kids in fist 8 rounds after that you have to earn games

Would we appeal more than staying at Ess. Their kids look promising.

Probably not. Depending on contact length, $$$ etc, he may be better off staying. But does he like the Geelong lifestyle? I’m not sure. All I know is we have enquired and we will put forward a very competitive offer should he consider a change of scenery. Not sure what his motivation is, but if it’s purely$$$ he probably stays or goes to North, Hawks, Saints etc

It's an interesting study. Where did it go wrong for Collingwood. Was it already set in play in 2018 when they were in the GF? Was it in the trade period that year when the brought Beams back and used P18, their FR1 pick and some icing to trade for him? What was their SCap like after that deal? Was it when the signed Grundy. Was it when they asked Treloar to move his contract back for a second time ...

Anyway ... was it the players they lost? How did it differ from Port did?

Its a delicate task no doubt. Certainly some ex champs of our seem to still have grumbles. Maybe it goes hand in hand with success to have the ego thats say you should be able to play till you say you are ready to go.

Our system certainly seems biased towards the players yet the small name players are more likely to get that sort of treatment.

Even if we worked within a baseball type system where the players were chess pieces, I doubt Menegola would get us much anyway. The players that are going to get you something , are the players you do not want to lose.Like Kelly. If Cam Guthrie was to leave for a good offer, we would probably get an r1 pick ..but would we really want a p15 to 20 for him?

De we have many players that we could use to get a deal done for TDek? Id say most of the players they would want, we would not want to let go.
Beams deal was the worst in recent memory, for any club. If half the rumours (gambling) stories at the time were even a tiny bit true then the Pies got exactly what they deserved. There’s loyalty and then there stupidity.

Probably not. Depending on contact length, $$$ etc, he may be better off staying. But does he like the Geelong lifestyle? I’m not sure. All I know is we have enquired and we will put forward a very competitive offer should he consider a change of scenery. Not sure what his motivation is, but if it’s purely$$$ he probably stays or goes to North, Hawks, Saints etc
What do we rely on atm, country lifestyle and the realistic chance of some sort of success? I’m worried how that looks once Hawk, Selwood & Danger are done. Jezza was a nice addition but desperately need another A grader real soon, whether that be from within or brought in. Holmes massive shot in a few years.

Trading is not a computer game.

bugger, so you mean all that time I spent in past years playing Football Manager wasn't actually providing me with suitable knowledge for how to be a coach or make trades in the real world...

Keep in mind, the Menegola trade is only a hypothetical with an objective of reaching into this years round 1 draft. Again I am not endorsing this outcome, rather just considering all opportunities to improve weaknesses in our list

I want to know how long people think we should keep going with Scott this is his 11th year do we make it 15? i think you need 2 flags in 10 years or it's time to try a new coach

Not sure if you want the quick answer or the detailed answer, but there's a 5/6 part Chris Scott which will give you some answers and is probably the more appropriate place for this discussion

I don't mean we dump him, he was UFA I think. He was never getting dumped but if he was chasing a payday elsewhere his stocks were hard to top

it's ok when you waffle on about covid
You asked a question about Scott which has been discussed at length in a dedicated Scott thread - just thought that if you genuinely wanted an answer to your question you might actually be interested in looking at the thread that may help you with said answer is all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back