Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darcy's tap work is good to very good. His mobility is questionable..and I don't like the bandage on the leg. He is such a big guy, Id say those legs will will not last till he is 30.

Honestly outside of the elite rucks who we are no chance of trading in his tapwork is fantastic and if we had him this year we would be an even better flag shot than we are. I do agree with his weight and build he wont play well into his 30s so id factor that in the trade price but at the right price id chase him hard this year.

After seeing how well Sean Darcy has played over the last month I think we need to make him our number 1 priority if he does want to come home. Didn’t think I’d be saying this at the start of the year but I’d be willing to let Jordy Clark go if it means getting him in. He legit looks like a top 5 ruck right now and he’s not even 24 yet.

Unsung Cat the game's hottest free agent

1. The title for most in-form free agent has a new challenger
As debate rages over Patrick Cripps' worth at Carlton, Zach Merrett decides whether Essendon has shown enough to convince him to stay and Marcus Bontempelli works through a long-term commitment at the Western Bulldogs, Cam Guthrie is quietly mounting his case as one of the most in-form free agents in the competition. Guthrie was again terrific on Friday night in the Cats' win over St Kilda, gathering 36 disposals and four clearances, and also booting an important goal. Having last year claimed the Cats' best and fairest in a Grand Final year and been selected in the All-Australian team, Guthrie, who hits free agency this year, is no longer under the radar. But as an out-of-contract 28-year-old in a midfield featuring many players older than him, his value is increasing by the week. - Callum Twomey

After seeing how well Sean Darcy has played over the last month I think we need to make him our number 1 priority if he does want to come home. Didn’t think I’d be saying this at the start of the year but I’d be willing to let Jordy Clark go if it means getting him in. He legit looks like a top 5 ruck right now and he’s not even 24 yet.
🤔 Not sure about this. But worth discussing noting our rucks situation short and long term is a list weakness

Unsung Cat the game's hottest free agent

1. The title for most in-form free agent has a new challenger
As debate rages over Patrick Cripps' worth at Carlton, Zach Merrett decides whether Essendon has shown enough to convince him to stay and Marcus Bontempelli works through a long-term commitment at the Western Bulldogs, Cam Guthrie is quietly mounting his case as one of the most in-form free agents in the competition. Guthrie was again terrific on Friday night in the Cats' win over St Kilda, gathering 36 disposals and four clearances, and also booting an important goal. Having last year claimed the Cats' best and fairest in a Grand Final year and been selected in the All-Australian team, Guthrie, who hits free agency this year, is no longer under the radar. But as an out-of-contract 28-year-old in a midfield featuring many players older than him, his value is increasing by the week. - Callum Twomey

I reckon we will give him a good 4/5 year deal like blitz got not so long ago.

🤔 Not sure about this. But worth discussing noting our rucks situation short and long term is a list weakness

Id rather keep clark and get darcy but there is something to be said for trading out a position you are well covered in (i think clark is a winger and we have good depth in that spot) and in in an area of weakness (which our rucks are). This is basically what we did with moloney/ottens. Notsaying darcy will be as good as ottens but the idea has merit.

Id rather keep clark and get darcy but there is something to be said for trading out a position you are well covered in (i think clark is a winger and we have good depth in that spot) and in in an area of weakness (which our rucks are). This is basically what we did with moloney/ottens. Notsaying darcy will be as good as ottens but the idea has merit.

In the SC model, you can only have so much talent on you list. If you have a weakness then you may have to trade out a strength. Lets not forget both players I mentioned are contracted, they could be like the players mentioned in the Cameron trade last year. So no etc.

In the SC model, you can only have so much talent on you list. If you have a weakness then you may have to trade out a strength. Lets not forget both players I mentioned are contracted, they could be like the players mentioned in the Cameron trade last year. So no etc.

I agree which is why i would only trade clark if its a net improvement to a weakness on our list.

As for the last bit neither club will trade clark or darcy unless the players push for it imo.

What about SavRat for S Darcy straight swap? or with a pick swap if needed.

Too much downside imo. Not to mention the coach seems to be in his corner.

If Freo or Darcy say no .. then there is nothing that could be done.
How does Freo rate Darcy's backup Meek? Does Darcy want to move... till thats answered we really are not at the stage of what the trade would cost ..but assuming if the trade was good enough to entice Freo, and Darcy would like to play Finals ...

... considering we have a young WA ruck on our list , it would not surprise me if they wanted him as part of the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say we must rate Guthrie differently TC. And Cerra for that matter.

I know nothing about Cerra, but anyone saying they didn't have at least SOME doubt about CG in his early years is fibbing I reckon.

He looked to be a bog average footballer for a while, before turning the corner and becoming the player he is now.

So in that sense, I understand what Turbocat is saying. Cerra too might just need to be allowed the time to turn his corner.......

We don't have the picks for Darcy... Usually with rucks they either cost a lot in picks, or they want a big payday... Thats why we struggle to find good rucks as a club... I rather have an average ruck and get some good contested mids...

What about SavRat for S Darcy straight swap? or with a pick swap if needed.

It would need more from our end as darcy is showing more than sav is.
Sav also might not be willing to move outside vic.

Darcy for Clark looks an obvious transaction if he wants to come home. It will depend on injuries (Darcy) and form (Clark) between now and end of year what the add ons are.

And I'd imagine that Sav is earmarked to take over from Hawkins over the next couple of years.

He might be but i still think there are enough question marks over his goalkicking and tank that you would trade him (only for the right price).

Darcy for Clark looks an obvious transaction if he wants to come home. It will depend on injuries (Darcy) and form (Clark) between now and end of year what the add ons are.

At this point darcy while he is no gawn/grundy is clearly in the next group of quality rucks and probably in the top 7 or 8 in the game on current form and clark is in and out of the 22. Yes its harder to get games as a kid at geelong than freo but i think we would find darcy has more trade value than clark at this point.

I know nothing about Cerra, but anyone saying they didn't have at least SOME doubt about CG in his early years is fibbing I reckon.

He looked to be a bog average footballer for a while, before turning the corner and becoming the player he is now.

So in that sense, I understand what Turbocat is saying. Cerra too might just need to be allowed the time to turn his corner.......

Id say untill Kelly went , I read a lot on here that wanted Guthrie gone it took him a long time to get to where he is. At a the same age Cerra at least shows similar potential. Id say his kicking is better I am not sure he works as hard or runs as well... but like you and CE (I think), I have not seen him week in, week out. Cerra may or may not develop. Im not overly in love with him but he would be a good add. I doubt he lands at geelong...but he fits what id like to see more of in our side. Single figure talent. I doubt there is anyone on our list his age and younger better than him atm.

Having said all that. Is he or would he be our most required player next year. Probably not imo. He will be expensive and being a melb boy id think he would pick several melb clubs before us.

I’m not making any comment about Guthrie’s early career. I’m just not seeing the hype about Cerra.

He was rucking against Brad Gotch

Id be looking at players at higher level and someone who is younger. Throw a big contract at the Briggs kid and lets see if GWS match. The other day, it was mentioned that Suns had made a big offer for Bryan at Ess know they have the other young ruck(I think he is brother of the kid you like isn't he) The paid P31 for Preuss , id give them that for Briggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back