Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic Pudding? Clean bowled with that one.

The thing is Constable and Narkle may all be getting the passive love from the club...but Clark was getting apparently given the wrm and fuzzys form Joel as well.... and we will have CS and who knows who else pushing for a spot... and Joel has signed for another year , and Selwood would literally be last player they ever drop to the VFL. There is no way than can climb that mountain.

So just who is Constable, Narkle , Clarke , and one or two others going to replace.

It’s a story about a pudding that, no matter how much is eaten of it, replenishes itself magically.

The mythical “best 22” is similar. No matter how many players you squeeze in there’s always room for more.

I read that also

I find that somewhat interesting - before the bye against Collingwood we were missing Dangerfield, Guthrie & Duncan as midfield definites and Constable was dropped from the emergency list. We then managed Selwood against Carlton, this was when Constable had been showing good form in the VFL, but he didn't make the emergency list

Maybe he is seen as a potential replacement for Selwood down the track, but at this stage it also looks like a few others are ahead of him

As you suggested, maybe Narkle is out the door or maybe Guthrie is exploring this FA options which would also open up a spot

IF you were Constable ..and you had a choice... would you believe the rhetoric or the history of selection..?

Good luck if they REALLY want them to stay , and the players decide to give it another year... but id think Holmes would have more confidence after this yera than Constable. If they really want him to stay, select him in the next week or two, dangle finals.

Haynes is a star but we have a lot of mid sized defenders and like others have said his cost would probably be too high.
If we are looking at a 29 year old defender. I’d have some interest in Talia, he’s a free agent and hasn’t played this year. It doesn’t look like he’s being offered a contract at Adelaide.
He could be a bargain pickup that could still play for a couple of years. He’s the type of defender we need someone to sit on the big forwards.
Talia is cooked. Too slow.

It’s a story about a pudding that, no matter how much is eaten of it, replenishes itself magically.

The mythical “best 22” is similar. No matter how many players you squeeze in there’s always room for more.

I have heard of it, but no more than that... surprising what one learns on here.

I guess its all good till the finals then the Magic Pudding sort runs out for some players, the tyre hits the road and its walk not talk time

IF you were Constable ..and you had a choice... would you believe the rhetoric or the history of selection..?

Good luck if they REALLY want them to stay , and the players decide to give it another year... but id think Holmes would have more confidence after this yera than Constable. If they really want him to stay, select him in the next week or two, dangle finals.

Completely agree - unless we lose multiple players from our midfield, I don't see things really changing that much for Constable next year

I have heard of it, but no more than that... surprising what one learns on here.

I guess its all good till the finals then the Magic Pudding sort runs out for some players, the tyre hits the road and its walk not talk time
Yep, we’ve seen this one before and know how it ends.

Haynes is a star but we have a lot of mid sized defenders and like others have said his cost would probably be too high.
If we are looking at a 29 year old defender. I’d have some interest in Talia, he’s a free agent and hasn’t played this year. It doesn’t look like he’s being offered a contract at Adelaide.
He could be a bargain pickup that could still play for a couple of years. He’s the type of defender we need someone to sit on the big forwards.

IF he is capable then he is a better need fit than having some like JJ on our list. FA and its a pure dollar play. Must be fit. I am very wary of guys who are not playing, its almost a Hmac thing

I'm surprised there's a contract there for him. Maybe they know he's going to another club and they are trying to bargain up the pick exchange a little?
I mean, I don’t think we’d be desperate to cut him. At worst he’s OK depth. But it does seem a bit weird.

IF he is capable then he is a better need fit than having some like JJ on our list. FA and its a pure dollar play. Must be fit. I am very wary of guys who are not playing, its almost a Hmac thing
Not playing for the whole season is concerning.

The club would be tanking if the play chook in the finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 clubs sniffing a bargain...

Five AFL clubs have expressed interest in Geelong’s Quinton Narkle as a damaging midfield cameo against Richmond on Sunday provided yet another timely reminder of his worth.
But Geelong is still not out of the race to retain the 23-year-old inside midfielder as he channels all his energy into trying to help lift the Cats to their first flag in a decade.

In 41 minutes of game time against the Tigers after the injured Joel Selwood was subbed out of the game, Narkle had eight clearances, kicked a goal and 10 of his 12 possessions were contested.

Asked how many clubs had inquired about Narkle, his manager Ralph Carr said: “Around five clubs … all have been very professional and respectful.”

Carr said he had spoken to Narkle about the interest from rival clubs “in passing”, but he stressed no decision would be made on his future until the end of the season.

“The main focus is playing well for Geelong and helping Geelong to win a premiership,” Carr said.

“Geelong have been fantastic in terms of working together to get the most important result — Quinton playing great footy.

“Andrew Mackie and Shaun Grigg have been great (for him).”

Narkle has played 13 games for the Cats this year — for a total of 30 career games since his 2018 debut — but Geelong’s great strength has meant he has sometimes been overlooked at selection, to the surprise of many.

Asked what sort of asset Narkle would be to another club, Carr said: “If he moved … yes, it’s hard to get inside mids that can go forward as well and kick goals.

“He has the ability to find the ball and he will only get better. I am a huge fan of Quinton’s.”

pick 25, maybe steak knives too
He’s 30 yo half back flank
Ask the question if the answers no everyone moves on
Actually has a lot to do with what the individual wants too.

Unless its convenient I cant see it happening.

ASk the question? Clubs do that all the time. I think Geelong asked a Johnathon Brown each year for a decade..

If the player says im interested... Geelong tend to get sucked into these situations and to keep faith with the player, does it seem more important getting the deal done than what the cost is ?

While he is a good add, I dont think Haynes resolves our two most obvious spots of weakness.

In not too long Stevens may be looking for a game who is 192cm

Last edited:
I honestly hate this Narkle situation. If we lose Constable I'll deal with it, but Narkle has shown he is an excellent player and I'm sure he'll be awesome for whoever he ends up playing for, while we'll end up with some crappy 3rd round pick

If Narkle Wants back to WA

West Coast >Narkle + Pick 36

Geelong > Pick 12

or

Fremantle > Narkle

Geelong > Pick 27

If we Trade Constable and Narkle for Pick 27 and Pick 28 (*see above)

We Go to the Draft With these picks currently

Pick 27, Pick 28, Pick 29, Pick 30 Pick 36

or If we Trade Narkle to WCE we take

Pick 12, Pick 28, Pick 29, Pick 30

I honestly hate this Narkle situation. If we lose Constable I'll deal with it, but Narkle has shown he is an excellent player and I'm sure he'll be awesome for whoever he ends up playing for, while we'll end up with some crappy 3rd round pick

Why hate? I don't quite get it. Do you feel we should prevent him from looking at his options or hold him some how?

Constable wants to be Traded to Richmond -

Should be easy enough

Constable (Rich) -> Pick 28 (Geel)

P28 ...if we managed to get 28 for Constable id being doing cartwheels. P42 would probably be closer to it I think.

OOC and wanting out after not being played. Probably lucky to get anything.

If Narkle Wants back to WA

West Coast >Narkle + Pick 36

Geelong > Pick 12

or

Fremantle > Narkle

Geelong > Pick 27

If we Trade Constable and Narkle for Pick 27 and Pick 28 (*see above)

We Go to the Draft With these picks currently

Pick 27, Pick 28, Pick 29, Pick 30 Pick 36

or If we Trade Narkle to WCE we take

Pick 12, Pick 28, Pick 29, Pick 30

West Coast need to use their R1... A little thing about 2 in 4 and having traded their R1's out to some Vic club.

Imo, the only player we may get something reasonable for is Clark being contracted. Maybe Narkle if he stays in and suddenly explodes.

Last edited:
How do we know Narkle really wants to leave and go to a club with a different setup and culture? Didn’t he have a big role in our indigenous jumper design? He has raised his game only this season. Perhaps he is just looking for the best deal from the Cats.

Constable has every reason to be aggrieved but Narkle and Clark, give me a spell. What is it with the entitlement of todays youth.

Knuckle down, do the hard yards and force them to play you. Don't sulk and want out when things aren't going your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back