Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okunbor is in his 3rd year as a Cat B rookie
Atkins is in his 3rd year as a Cat A rookie
Brownless, Close and Henderson are all in their 2nd years as Cat A rookies
Okunbor is the one who'll probably be saved, Atkins would obviously be upgraded if he needed to be. Useful for us because it seems like Okunbor's coming along but not good enough to justify a senior spot with list spots being tight.

Constable and Narkle still in nappies compared to Higgins, Smith, selwood, Danger, Duncan, Guthrie, menegola, etc. Narkle must be offered a deal at the very least.

does he need to be?? Why??

I get the reason your saying to do it, but I don’t necessarily agree with the view.

does losing A grade elite mids create a need to re sign C-B minus midfielders ??

I don’t think that necessarily solves anything. You can only replace A grade mids with A grade mids, which is why I feel they need to go hard at chasing in an experienced midfielder of the caliber or go hard in at the draft to find a gun. I don’t think narkle as a starting regular best 22 mid is going to resolve next to anything in terms of a premiership quality engine room, so what’s the point?? He is good depth, not cream

Maybe he loves the Geelong Football Club and the culture they've created?

Think about it: Why would he go to Collingwood after some of the rumours (and facts) out of there recently?

Salary mismanagement, throwing players under the bus, fascist style of leadership at the top, racism..

Especially as a young Indigenous man, if even half that stuff is true he'd be mad to go there.

If he does enjoy Geelong and he's given every indication that he does, then I doubt Collingwood would be of much interest to him.

Honestly, I'd be fearing the SA clubs more if he was to leave.
For all the debacles that club has it cab turn around quickly. They still have decent players out there and some good father sons. Sonia would be close to a walk up b22 key position player who would get a long contract despite injury.

There's a big incentive to move.

Then for us, is he the next in after Hendo is out probably a full year from now? Or is that DeKoning? The change we would need to see is Blitz and Hendo both out of the b22 backline with Blitz on the wing/ruck role. Then we lose a wing. Do we push Higgins into retirement and have Tuohy as a rotation for wing/fwd? With Blitz around the ball is Sav in the 2s until Hawk retires?

For all the debacles that club has it cab turn around quickly. They still have decent players out there and some good father sons. Sonia would be close to a walk up b22 key position player who would get a long contract despite injury.

There's a big incentive to move.

Then for us, is he the next in after Hendo is out probably a full year from now? Or is that DeKoning? The change we would need to see is Blitz and Hendo both out of the b22 backline with Blitz on the wing/ruck role. Then we lose a wing. Do we push Higgins into retirement and have Tuohy as a rotation for wing/fwd? With Blitz around the ball is Sav in the 2s until Hawk retires?

Collwobble and North hav shown enough to give hope to thir membrs that they are not that far away. In one sense it gives reassurance that when we do hist the wall that we do not have to look forward to a decade of pain

I think Kruger should be a strong selection option R1 next year...if he stays fit. Plenty of reasons for him to stay.

Collwobble and North hav shown enough to give hope to thir membrs that they are not that far away. In one sense it gives reassurance that when we do hist the wall that we do not have to look forward to a decade of pain

I think Kruger should be a strong selection option R1 next year...if he stays fit. Plenty of reasons for him to stay.
I think we need to win the flag this year just to provide a clear high for some of our players to retire on tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on current ladder positions we will have three picks in the 30's at draft .... not ideal. My guess is we trade into an earlier pick this year or into next years draft.

View attachment 1196577

(Thanks to Lore for the work to keep the chart updated)
Wells has a great record in the 20s (Duncan, Guthrie, Parfitt, Kelly) and 40s (Christensen, Vardy, Kolo, Stewart, Ratugolea) but 30s is a scrap heap for some reason.

Based on current ladder positions we will have three picks in the 30's at draft .... not ideal. My guess is we trade into an earlier pick this year or into next years draft.

View attachment 1196577

(Thanks to Lore for the work to keep the chart updated)
Yeah gws is about where I thought they'd be but Essendon really did us over there. Good on them

Edit: "right" had autocorrected to "wrong"

Last edited:
Wells has a great record in the 20s (Duncan, Guthrie, Parfitt, Kelly) and 40s (Christensen, Vardy, Kolo, Stewart, Ratugolea) but 30s is a scrap heap for some reason.

Hamling , Kersten, Jansen, Constable ....Hopefully Neale breaks that run.

He can only pick with the picks he has.. the three picks in the 30's cant be worse than three picks in the 40's. ..yet it is what it is. Seems a bit counter intuitive. Constable before Miers etc. Maybe its a bit like Close, as a Rookie picked after all clubs have used their picks. . He would have to be better than someone drafted. I remember several on here that were horrified that we passed on Gould, taken by Syd at 26 ..and is yet to play a game

Do we need to add another three kids in that range? It will be affected by who we delist I suppose.

What's the sample size of his 30s picks though? Not many times in the just 20 years have we been sitting outside the 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back