Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So after some perusing of the Carlton board, I have these 3 statements - which are very interesting considering their intel on Cook and where they say their source is:

1st Carlton Poster

"Coaching market will hot up shortly, if one C. Scott accepts 5 year deal to go up to sunny QLD, so we’d better get our ducks in a row otherwise our candidates may have other options shortly ;)

Just a question to Caroline Wilson is that a disgraceful way for the AFL/GC to treat their current employee Stuart Dew who is currently in the job, look forward to hearing your take.;)"

2nd Carlton Poster

"If it's true that the AFL has given Chris Scott a huge offer to come up and coach the Gold Coast then it strengthens my belief that we could be getting Clarko.

This is because the AFL is known to have given Clarko a huge offer for the same position 12 months from now.

Interesting...Have seen it floating around the Suns group I'm a part of and they avoid trash rumors."

1st Carlton Poster (in response - the most interesting part to me)

"Source is inside the Geelong hub - as per my intel on Cook as well - I trust it. :thumbsu:

The AFL/GC offer to Scott IS on the table - it doesn’t mean that Scott is going to accept it. ;)"

As per all ITK info, take this all with a grain of salt. With that said, thought it worth sharing, as the 1st Carlton poster is known as a good ITK, and if his source is in the Geelong hub, then it doesn't get more 'insider' than that.

Interesting times await...

So after some perusing of the Carlton board, I have these 3 statements - which are very interesting considering their intel on Cook and where they say their source is:

1st Carlton Poster

"Coaching market will hot up shortly, if one C. Scott accepts 5 year deal to go up to sunny QLD, so we’d better get our ducks in a row otherwise our candidates may have other options shortly ;)

Just a question to Caroline Wilson is that a disgraceful way for the AFL/GC to treat their current employee Stuart Dew who is currently in the job, look forward to hearing your take.;)"

2nd Carlton Poster

"If it's true that the AFL has given Chris Scott a huge offer to come up and coach the Gold Coast then it strengthens my belief that we could be getting Clarko.

This is because the AFL is known to have given Clarko a huge offer for the same position 12 months from now.

Interesting...Have seen it floating around the Suns group I'm a part of and they avoid trash rumors."

1st Carlton Poster (in response - the most interesting part to me)

"Source is inside the Geelong hub - as per my intel on Cook as well - I trust it. :thumbsu:

The AFL/GC offer to Scott IS on the table - it doesn’t mean that Scott is going to accept it. ;)"

As per all ITK info, take this all with a grain of salt. With that said, thought it worth sharing, as the 1st Carlton poster is known as a good ITK, and if his source is in the Geelong hub, then it doesn't get more 'insider' than that.

Interesting times await...

Didnt Scott already come out and say he wasnt going anywhere?

It seems to me you can get more value if you trade down your picks, or trade current picks for future picks ( like GWS did with Collingwood), or accept players with backended contracts from other clubs
( like bulldogs and treloar).
So should we do any of these 3 methods this off season, or maybe at least 2 of them.

I suggest something like live trading 30, Geelong 2022r3 for say pick 38 and North Melbourne's 2022r2. This is a 8 pick downgrade this year but ( say we finish 6th and north 16th next year ) a 28 pick upgrade next year.

Or just keep our picks , hope for the best. We are due for some good players from second round picks.

TBH I don’t rate Scarlett one bit.
Greatest Full Back we’ve ever had.
Kudos to him on his on field successes and ours as a team.
But as a bloke off the field. Wouldn’t piss on him if he was one fire .
Plenty will happily help pack his bags.
Bring in new blood new visions new ideas.
Cheers Boys!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So long as while he is burning he sends us more stewarts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hire a mental well-being coach - to fix our September fragility

Hire a choco/SJ style assistant to loosen the tightness amongst the playing group to start enjoying footy again

The above will enhance our on field performance more than adding any players to our team

We need a forward coach .
Would SJ wanna come back

We need to get Mitch Knevitt. I'm sick of missing out on Falcons that go elsewhere every year. Losing Knevitt would sting just as much as losing Olly Henry last year.

For mine, all 3 picks to the Dogs - 30, 32 and 34, for the Dogs' Pick 17, Future 2nd and Pick 72 - Close to 1800 points which should be enough for Darcy with the discount. Gives them points, gives us a future pick back and gives us an end of draft pick to pick up someone if we have a vacant list spot.

Then, Clark goes for Pick 27. We take 17, 27 and 72 to the draft, with a few rookie picks later on. We keep our Future 1st - because who knows how low that could be given the uncertainty surrounding next year - and we then have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds the following year as well.

Make it happen Cats!

EDIT: we take 17, 27, 52 and 72 to the draft

Last edited:
This is actually a year we could trade into the R1 with all our R2s.

Think we’ll end up with the WB’s pick 17/18 from swapping a few of our R2s

Wb will want to trade that pick for points and us or richmond are their best options.

We need to get Mitch Knevitt. I'm sick of missing out on Falcons that go elsewhere every year. Losing Knevitt would sting just as much as losing Olly Henry last year.

For mine, all 3 picks to the Dogs - 30, 32 and 34, for the Dogs' Pick 17, Future 2nd and Pick 72 - Close to 1800 points which should be enough for Darcy with the discount. Gives them points, gives us a future pick back and gives us an end of draft pick to pick up someone if we have a vacant list spot.

Then, Clark goes for Pick 27. We take 17, 27 and 72 to the draft, with a few rookie picks later on. We keep our Future 1st - because who knows how low that could be given the uncertainty surrounding next year - and we then have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds the following year as well.

Make it happen Cats!

We also keep pick 52 and i like that scenario.

There is no way that our senior players and our coach will rebuild next season. They will aim for the flag. They are likely though to try to speed up the style of play, give young players more of a run and manage the senior players to keep them fit and in form for September. The club will also drop capable but under performing players, as demonstrated by dropping Dahl and Higgins at the end of the season. List changes will reflect the above.
You dont give up 3 first rounders for a key forward and rebuild 12 months later, we'll be all in again.

Wonder if the club is sniffing around ex Falcon Matt Ling. Very high draft pick. Unsigned and the swans are tight. He has had lots of injuries and basically lost two years to COVID.

He was a very quick, deadly left foot rebounding defender at the Falcons. He’d be free basically and completely opposite to anything we have (apart from constantly injured)

Speed out of the backline is really what most people mean when they assess overall speed/game style.
Injured every 2nd week and struggled to find the footy even at VFL level, won't get picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back