Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have just won the flag...

Life is good down the Cattery and KP way.....

And now people want to come home...

PT 2 is in play rolled over from Pt 1

GO Catters

Last edited:

Tanner Bruhn and Jack Bowes in, dont know if we will seal Henry if pies want a first.

Tanner Bruhn and Jack Bowes in, dont know if we will seal Henry if pies want a first.
Henry is worth more of a first than Bruhn.

I think we end up giving up a 1st for both or if Sav comes into it somehow maybe a 2nd and Sav for Bruhn.
Might need a 3rd club trade

As for Bowes, the likely hood of this happening I believe is getting smaller by the day.
My only glimpse of hope is that he doesn’t want to go to another club rebuilding and wants to be part of a successful team.

So far we have heard of Geelong, Saints, Essendon, North and Hawthorn being interested.
That does work in our favor IMO

Henry is more valuable than Bruhn, worth a first rounder in a heartbeat.

As for Bowes, the likely hood of this happening I believe is getting smaller by the day.
My only glimpse of hope is that he doesn’t want to go to another club rebuilding and wants to be part of a successful team.

So far we have heard of Geelong, Saints, Essendon, North and Hawthorn being interested.
That does work in our favor IMO
Brisbane have also met with him, but surely they don’t have the means to trade for him.

We can get all three done imo because bowes wont cost stacks and we can use all our later picks and futures to generate additional currency if we need to (plus any players going like sav). We can also split 7 if we get it.

Brisbane have also met with him, but surely they don’t have the means to trade for him.
Depends on what GC want for the Bowes + 7 deal and it also depends on your own school of thought.

If you think, regardless of the salary dump ramifications, there has to be something decent on offer for a former Top 10 selection and, more critically, pick 7 then it could be tricky for Brisbane with the other deals they need to do.

If they really only care about getting out from under Bowes salary then, in theory, they probably won't be looking for much in return at all.

Gold Coast will, I think, deal with the club Bowes wants to go to. The trick for the clubs pitching him is to convince Bowes where his future lies.

Also, Gold Coast have 3 Academy players eligible to be drafted next year and, by all accounts, 1 (maybe 2) is fairly handy so picks next year could well be attractive as they accumulate points to match bids. And GC are also likely to get Adelaide's #5 so losing pick 7 might not be as big a concern to them.

If Brisbane have capital in the 2023 draft via second & third rounders they might be able to do it and the possibility of remaining in QLD could be appealing to Bowes.

If nothing else, with all the stories in the media about player movement, this trade period is going to be fun to watch. How some of these proposed deals get done will be interesting.

Last edited:
Cooper Stephens will be OK - no way he'll be gone in a couple of years as suggested above. Nor is Nick Stevens slow, as also suggested above; he's actually very quick over the first few steps.

I guess the fact we see players so differently is part of the fun - and one of the reasons for this forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on what GC want for the Bowes + 7 deal and it also depends on your own school of thought.

If you think, regardless of the salary dump ramifications, there has to be something decent on offer for a former Top 10 selection and, more critically, pick 7 then it could be tricky for Brisbane with the other deals they need to do.

If they really only care about getting out from under Bowes salary then, in theory, they probably won't be looking for much in return at all.

Gold Coast will, I think, deal with the club Bowes wants to go to. The trick for the clubs pitching him is to convince Bowes where his future lies.

Also, Gold Coast have 3 Academy players eligible to be drafted next year and, by all accounts, 1 (maybe 2) is fairly handy so picks next year could well be attractive as they accumulate points to match bids. And GC are also likely to get Adelaide's #5 so losing pick 7 might not be as big a concern to them.

If Brisbane have capital in the 2023 draft via second & third rounders they might be able to do it and the possibility of remaining in QLD could be appealing to Bowes.

If nothing else, with all the stories in the media about player movement, this trade period is going to be fun to watch. How some of these proposed deals get done will be interesting.

The problem for brisbane even assuming they convince bowes to go there is a) fitting him in the cap with dunkley and gunston coming and b) they have more academy kids next year so they will be hard up for points this year and next. We have a greater capacity to trade our picks than them. But at the end of the day gc will have to deal with whoever bowes picks.

I think Bowes (+7) will be a future second.

Bruhn 2022 second and Esava.

Henry 2022 first.

Maybe overly optimistic. I would have no issue giving up next year’s first if needed. Time to cash in is now.

Giants wont take pick 37 (which might be in the 40s after compos) and sav as they will have heaps of picks before 37 (thanks to richmond). My guess is they will want a current pick inside 25 (which we dont have if 18 goes on henry)or futures (gc will want them too hence it gets tricky). Sav doesnt have enough currency to make up for no r1.

If i had to guess
Henry pick 18
future 1st and sav for bruhn + future 3rd and future 4th from giants (we might get a future 2nd if they are really generous but probs not)
P37 47 and 52 to freo for their future 2nd.
Future 2nd (freo for example, could be any club) + our future 3rd for bowes and 7.
Would leave us with 7 (if we dont split it) 55 and 61 this year. And no future 1st but our future 2nd plus a future 3rd and 2 4ths.

Id love if we can get it all done for less than that (if we can somehow find another pick inside 25 this year we might be able to keep the future 1st)but thats what i think it will take and im ok with that. Would really re-stock us on the run.

Needs to show he can rack up the footy. When you don't have pace or particularly good skills you are going to need to be a clearance winning ball pig to make it as midfielder.

He hasnt had the opportunity for a lot of gametime in that role though. If he gets that gametime as an inside mid next year with joel gone then we will see what he can do.

Needs to show he can rack up the footy. When you don't have pace or particularly good skills you are going to need to be a clearance winning ball pig to make it as midfielder.
Yeah I agree with this, problem is I'm not sure he can. In games when we've had control of the ball he doesn't get his hands on it, not even some easy possessions.

Hope to be proven wrong but I'm not counting on Coop making it. Will be straight to the "I was wrong thread" if he does.

I hope we get Bowes, but those other clubs will rise up. I would say total money and years of contract will be important, some of those clubs might more or less guarantee him a game.

Last edited:
I have a feeling Bowes will end up at Essendon (Brad Scott has already met with him) or Hawthorn, but that’s ok.

Henry and Bruhn will be an incredible trade period even if we part with 2022 and 2023 firsts. These are the types of players we rarely get to draft ourselves, with the bonus of two years of development and 30-odd games of senior experience.

Yeah I agree with this, problem is I'm not sure he can. In games when we've had control of the ball he doesn't get his hands on it, not even some easy possessions.

Hope to be proven wrong but I'm not counting on Coop making it. Will be straight to the "I was wrong thread" if he does.

In the vfl he racks them up quite well. The issue is in the afl games cooper played this year he was shunted to the wing a lot which doesnt suit him hes an atkins style clearance mid. Need to see him in that role at afl level for 10-20 games before we can make a call on him. I think he will make it if he gets that opportunity and be a good solid player.

I have a feeling Bowes will end up at Essendon (Brad Scott has already met with him) or Hawthorn, but that’s ok.

Henry and Bruhn will be an incredible trade period even if we part with 2022 and 2023 firsts. These are the types of players we rarely get to draft ourselves, with the bonus of two years of development and 30-odd games of senior experience.

If bowes goes there it will only be because they offer him crazy $ in every other way we are a better pick.

But i agree bruhn and henry alone will strengthen our top 30 and our flag shot next year. If we got only those two (and hopefully mckenna later on) and only lose the players we have to date plus sav id be very very happy with our trade period. Might need to cheap trade or rookie a kpd though.

That said getting our earliest pick in 15 years coming with bowes would be super.

I think that Henry and Bruhn are the meat and potatoes of the Trade period for us.

Get thise 2 on the back of a Flag and it s a very successful time.

Now, adding Bowes and Pick 7 is full carb loading and gluttony that im all for.

And Mckenna would be dessert.

The rule changes from AFL house would come think and fast if we get all those home - we just do it better than most and that wont play out well in the parity world. But the reality is we are just getting it done better than the rest.

I still think getting 2 of the 4 counts as a successful period.... provided we keep some draft capital and stick to the rules.

But geez... being a destination club... so much fun.

I know we payed overs for Jezza in terms of the effects of it at the time as been eluded to ... but its worked out ok this time.
Would not want to make the overpaying the norm.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back