Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Sorry bud. I am gonna call BS on that statement Vdubs.
There is always an element of a go somewhere factor if one's place isn't what they expect.
Happy players that are well remunerated, well looked after will stay 90% of the time.
We've drafted a few Sandgropers in my time with Tim Kelly being the only one wanting to head home.
As long as we don't draft another 23 year old with 3 kids with medical issues and a Mrs that wears the pants we are laughing.
Harry Taylor Mitch Duncan Sam Menegola stayed and most likely for less dollars.
There is a long list of quality players quite happy staying put says that statement is incorrect.
Paddy Cripps Liam Baker Shai Bolton Aaron Naughton Brandon Starcevich Will Powell Sam Taylor Sam P Pepper
Darcy Cameron Tim English Chad Warner
The go home factor didn't seem to sway them to leave to go home.
My statement is that. Happy players with thick wallets tend to stay lol.
Ok then, what is his (patmatcat) reason for not selecting WA players?- Tim Kelly AND Jordan Clark IN RECENT YEARS. I was only suggesting that was his reason.
I have no issues with WA players. If good enough, they will make it with us, and you have cited good examples. If they want to leave, good riddance.

Last edited:
Correct.
Saying that "Projecting him to break into our leadership group or become a future captain is complete lunacy based on what he’s shown thus far" is a perfectly legitimate, non-abusive statement of a perfectly legitimate point of view.

Correct. There is a big difference between no being personal and being able to engage in robust discussion where you call other posters ideas as having no merit if you think they have no merit. Let's not be too precious on an Internet forum for god sake. Sorry didn't mean to mention the G word hahah. If you can't handle having your opinions called out then maybe an Internet forum isn't the place for you. Lets be respectful but not make it so plane that everyone is agreeing or having to disagree in the most carefully constructed way ever.

Ok then, what is his (patmatcat) reason for not selecting WA players?- Tim Kelly AND Jordan Clark IN RECENT YEARS. I was only suggesting that was his reason.
I have no issues with WA players. If good enough, they will make it with us, and you have cited good examples. If they want to leave, good riddance.
Fair enough Point taken Buddy

So back on topic...

According to the main board rumour thread, Cal Twomey and club boards, these are the rumours going around (they think the Top 7 is set now):

- Dees have offered two firsts to GC, North and Essendon, and been rebuffed by all - as likely to be both picks in the 12-18 range for a Top 5 pick.

- Humphrey rumoured to have interviewed 10 times with GC and favoured to land there. GC originally thought Essendon would snare him, so they were looking at Ginbey and Clark - but now have settled on Humphrey.

- Essendon and Hawks both tossing up between Tsatas and Phillipou - and will take whichever one the other doesn't take.

- Jhye Clark likely to get through to us as a result of all this. Doesn't mean we'll take him...but tea leaves are starting to point towards this.

So back on topic...

According to the main board rumour thread, Cal Twomey and club boards, these are the rumours going around (they think the Top 7 is set now):

- Dees have offered two firsts to GC, North and Essendon, and been rebuffed by all - as likely to be both picks in the 12-18 range for a Top 5 pick.

- Humphrey rumoured to have interviewed 10 times with GC and favoured to land there. GC originally thought Essendon would snare him, so they were looking at Ginbey and Clark - but now have settled on Humphrey.

- Essendon and Hawks both tossing up between Tsatas and Phillipou - and will take whichever one the other doesn't take.

- Jhye Clark likely to get through to us as a result of all this. Doesn't mean we'll take him...but tea leaves are starting to point towards this.
If Hawks take Phillipou he automatically becomes Fullapoo from there on.

So back on topic...

If Jhye Clark is there, rightly or wrongly I'd bet we will take him, top 10 ranked falcon kid. Unless he's told Wellsy to go stick it, that's what will happen.

If Jhye Clark is there, rightly or wrongly I'd bet we will take him, top 10 ranked falcon kid. Unless he's told Wellsy to go stick it, that's what will happen.
And then we throw a party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So back on topic...

Watched the VC v WA game today, would be very happy with Clark off the back of that. Also really liked Ginbey from that game.

Also like Noah Long, Oliver Northam, and Corey Tregenza-Cashell - not sure if these guys might be available at our later pick?

Watched the VC v WA game today, would be very happy with Clark off the back of that. Also really liked Ginbey from that game.

Also like Noah Long, Oliver Northam, and Corey Tregenza-Cashell - not sure if these guys might be available at our later pick?
Feel free to join the Ginbey bandwagon
I think I’m currently riding solo
Might have to trade in the wagon for a Moped

LOL. Sorry bud. I am gonna call BS on that statement Vdubs.
There is always an element of a go somewhere factor if one's place isn't what they expect.
Happy players that are well remunerated, well looked after will stay 90% of the time.
We've drafted a few Sandgropers in my time with Tim Kelly being the only one wanting to head home.
As long as we don't draft another 23 year old with 3 kids with medical issues and a Mrs that wears the pants we are laughing.
Harry Taylor Mitch Duncan Sam Menegola stayed and most likely for less dollars.
There is a long list of quality players quite happy staying put says that statement is incorrect.
Paddy Cripps Liam Baker Shai Bolton Aaron Naughton Brandon Starcevich Will Powell Sam Taylor Sam P Pepper
Darcy Cameron Tim English Chad Warner
The go home factor didn't seem to sway them to leave to go home.
My statement is that. Happy players with thick wallets tend to stay lol.

I'm keen to learn more about the bolded!

Well deserved ..... SDK...

Geelong has begun talks on a new deal for one of its premiership heroes after stunning rise​

Geelong won’t delay on a new deal for one of its most important players, but does the club have salary cap room?

Cats post-GF family day at St Mary's Oval, Kardinia Park. Sam De Koning. Picture: Mike Dugdale

Cats post-GF family day at St Mary's Oval, Kardinia Park. Sam De Koning. Picture: Mike Dugdale

GEELONG sensation Sam De Koning is set to receive a major payday as the Cats look to extend his contract beyond next season.
Cats’ list boss Andrew Mackie recently opened preliminary discussions on a new deal to lock away the star key defender a minimum two-year extension.

While the Cats have a disciplined pay structure, De Koning will still secure a hefty pay rise in reward for his outstanding season playing centre half back in a premiership campaign.

It is expected De Koning, 21, will clinch a deal worth at least $500,000 – $600,000 -a-year which will lock away arguably Geelong’s most important young player until at least the end of 2025.

The new contract will help thwart any rival interest in De Koning following Fremantle’s $800,000-a-year swoop on Melbourne big man Luke Jackson to bring him to home to Western Australia.

Geelong is confident of keeping De Koning, but have already begun informal talks with his manager, Robbie D’Orazio, from Connors Sports, to get things moving.

Clever goal kicker Tyson Stengle, 24, is also set to receive an improved deal to tie him to the Cats beyond 2023 after a scintillating All-Australian season slotting 52 goals

and of course ..the obligatory ...

Was chatting with my cousin, Dons supporter. He reckons they will select Phillipou with Pick 4. Makes sense, they have been screaming for a gun large midfielder... they want a goal kicking tall midfielder.

Clark is a gun, and has been undersold by a lot here because of 'shiny new toy syndrome' on getting Pick 7 when we didn't think we'd even be in the mix to get him. Only player along with Sheezel, Wardlaw, Tsatas and Ashcroft, to retain his place in Top 10 projections this year and last. While guys like Northam, Keeler, A'laoia and Lemmey have dropped off a cliff, Clark has remained solid and has been highly rated for the last 3 years running.

Reckon all late one's you highlighted should be available, but I have heard rumours that Richmond are pretty interested in Long. I'd put money on that we're interested in Northam as a late selection if he's still there...as he has a lot of upside and was rated as a first rounder as late as at the start of this season. Another Falcon too, so would be unsurprising if we grabbed him at our 50's pick...or even a rookie pick if he slid that far. Hagan and Richards the other two there's been reported interest in :)

Last edited:
Looking like we might go Ginbey, Clark or Busslinger in that order to me. Or we could go Allan if we trade our pick for 12 or 14, and something extra. I only have Ginbey marginally ahead as a selection, just because we brought in Bruhn, and most likely Mullin, and kept Sam Simpson, and still have Whyte, Kroeger and Willis in development.

Looking like we might go Ginbey, Clark or Busslinger in that order to me. Or we could go Allan if we trade our pick for 12 or 14, and something extra. I only have Ginbey marginally ahead as a selection, just because we brought in Bruhn, and most likely Mullin, and kept Sam Simpson, and still have Whyte, Kroeger and Willis in development.

I’d be staggered if we don’t call Clark’s name if he’s available.

So if it's true that pick 25 could turn as good as pick 3, then...

If Wells and co really rate 3 in the top 8, outside of Ashcroft of course, and they're all gone by our pick, then...

a case could be made for swapping 8 for 2 in the teens.

Against that, 10-20 is arguably Wells's least successful draft band, Holmes being a recent exception. It's a long time since James Kelly, Harry Taylor or Menzel.

Decisions, decisions!
The good thing is Wells and team would know what players have more upside than all of us Bigfooty posters. I am happy it's not me picking in this draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back