Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To even have the option of discussing what to do with a top 10 pick (if we do get it in the bowes trade) is good for the club.
Totally this. I entirely trust the GFC to make the right decision about what to do with this pick. What's more notable for me is the level of quality management you have to demonstrate across the board at a club to win the flag and still end up with pick 7 in the same year's draft. That is truly phenomenal.

#lovethisclub

Leigh Montagna urging club to go after Cooper Stephens who will fall behind Bowes and Bruhn in the queue.

Joel Selwood retires and Geelong head to the draft with pick 7. The cycle is complete.

Now we hand #14 to the new kid and do it all again.

Is there a kid in the draft who supposedly has dodgy knees? ;)

Mckenzie looks very good also and if he fulfills his potential is that explosive type
Reckon Hawks take him, they dont really need another solid citizen, add some speed, power and X Factor to Ward,MacDonald,Newcombe,Worpel etc and you're building a pretty decent squad for the future.

Scott is going to have to get creative to manage the younger cohort. How do we get enough games into Bruhn, Henry, Dempsey, Neale, Stephens so they are happy and progressing and not brooding discontented in the twos as the Premiership heroes play on.I think Knevitt and Conway are probably ok, as they need more time.

We need these guys to take over in two years.

Next year is going to be a very tricky transition year.

This is the big challenge he faces in rebuilding the list now.

Neale will get games when hawk is rested.
Conway + the other 2021 guys arent ready i agree.
So its really the flag 23 plus holmes menegola bruhn henry bowes and stephens (plus simpson or sav if they stay) that would need games a lot of the others are devlopment guys.
But yes i agree it will be a big juggling act for match committee.

The takes on Geelong by salty opposition are already absolutely wild:

- like Sydney after the Buddy trade, Geelong should be banned from trading

- Geelong should have a reverse COLA due to lower cost of living

- $1 pubs, Costa, Cotton On, etc.

Animated GIF

Was only 15-20 years ago we couldn't get anyone to move here, regardless of what we offered.

Amazing what happens when you get your shit together on and off field and what it does for attracting players.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the part where they think (hope/dream) that our cliff fall will be worse than theirs lol. We've been rebuilding from 2011. There is no cliff for us, dummies.
Bit of an early Crow.

But also, the average lifespan of a Crow is 15 years and it has been longer than that since our first single digit pick.

What worries me is people here are all so wound up that the disappointment when it costs more is going to be intense. Then we get wild takes like “Oh FFS how could Mackie stuff this up so badly it’s obvious we should have just paid less than we did.” It’s coming…
On the other hand rollercoasters are fun

To be fair running out of time and maybe we allow him to look elsewhere.

Cooper is a local kid who loves the club so i doubt he goes this year but if he wanted to im sure we would look at it.

Nothing against him personally but am i the only one in here who isnt excited about getting Bowes, the guy couldnt even get a game in one of the worst sides in the competition, what makes all of you think he's going to be anything different with the premiers? Lots of rose coloured glasses being worn in this thread.

2 years ago 2mp. played the whole year in the 2's for Gold Coast. Not one game.

Brisbane pick swapping down the order for more points. I wonder if we could get 21 or 25 off them for some of our late picks and offer that pick to help in henry deal?

Gc trading out of this draft into next years.

How about just to piss the Dawks off

Bowes, 5 (Rankine) 25 > 18, F2nd
Henry > 25, 36
Bruen > F1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing against him personally but am i the only one in here who isnt excited about getting Bowes, the guy couldnt even get a game in one of the worst sides in the competition, what makes all of you think he's going to be anything different with the premiers? Lots of rose coloured glasses being worn in this thread.

I just like him. In his draft year he was a cut above, smooth mover, great user. Just a smart player. I also really liked Caddy before he came to us too, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back