Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've given up 1 draft pick of note so far. And got back a 20yo first round draftee with 30 afl games under his belt.
The rest we gave away is chump change not worth worrying about.
I guess that makes these all chumps - Paul Chapman, Corey Enright, Cameron Ling, Cameron Mooney, Matthew Stokes, Matthew Egan, Jake Kolodjashnij.

That all makes sense. But this years picks that we gave Brisbane were already higher in points value than pick 25. So why the need to throw in next years 2nd rounder?

Should have at least asked for a F3rd back or something
perhaps to outbid someone else offering a similar deal...

Yeah points facts are facts.. but sometimes the sum of the parts is worth more than the parts themselves.

I get the point you make and its more than fair - but if we needed this deal to ensure getting all other over the line and there was another team offer on teh table we had to get this over the line.... you over pay to ensure bringing it all home IMO.

GO Catters

Two things.

Premiership wise trading Sav means any loss of a tall at either end of the ground leaves our already wafer thin talls stocks at a critical level. Heaven help us if SDK misses any football. It could cost us a win or two when we are still contending.

Secondly any trade in which our FF1 goes in part of a Bowes deal is disaster. He’s simply not that good of a player regardless of how much he’s been built up. He ain’t playing 10 VFL games at 25 if you are that good and heading into next year with literally only a mid round future second (30odd) pick when you have the retirements we will hurt us making the list better. We MUST keep at least that 1st. Then backfill with a free agent and some wells late specials.

I guess that makes these all chumps - Paul Chapman, Corey Enright, Cameron Ling, Cameron Mooney, Matthew Stokes, Matthew Egan, Jake Kolodjashnij.
Bro get this into your mind - we don't have list spots. Whether we kept the pics or not we are still only taking 2 picks to the draft...

Doubt it, especially as the key reason for trading him in would be as insurance and not necessarily as a best 22 weekly player

Surely he'd only be leaving for guaranteed playtime, not as a backup option
I think hed leave for a contract as much as anything in all honesty if a few years was floated hes not exactly far off the scrap heap right now with a year to run.

Future 1st for GC Future 2nd and Bowes package is the only way this makes sense anymore
Am hopeful they play it out the following way
  • geelong got wind hawks are looking at clark with pick 6 who we are after
  • discussions were going back and forth with GC about how to nab pick 5 and jump the hawks for clark, which they have agreed on sending over our future first rounder to nab pick 5 instead of 7 and get jye clark while GCS still get the player they are keen on in the draft and a strong hand in next years first round.

- ollie henry is traded for pick no 25.

So the result is

In: henry, bruhn, bowes, pick 5, F2(GCS).

Out: pick 18, 38,48,55, F1,F2nd. F4th

I would be happy with that if it moved us from 7 to 5.... No idea otherwise why we got our future 2nd involved with brisbane

Do any of us actually rate Clark as a top 5 prospect? I have only seen highlights so I'm not informed, but he seems very Deven Robertson.

Am hopeful they play it out the following way
  • geelong got wind hawks are looking at clark with pick 6 who we are after
  • discussions were going back and forth with GC about how to nab pick 5 and jump the hawks for clark, which they have agreed on sending over our future first rounder to nab pick 5 instead of 7 and get jye clark while GCS still get the player they are keen on in the draft and a strong hand in next years first round.

- ollie henry is traded for pick no 25.

So the result is

In: henry, bruhn, bowes, pick 5, F2(GCS).

Out: pick 18, 38,48,55, F1,F2nd. F4th

I would be happy with that if it moved us from 7 to 5.... No idea otherwise why we got our future 2nd involved with brisbane
Yeah I’m the same. It’s not clear to me why we’ve included our f2 in Brisbane trade but Mackie and Wells aren’t idiots. They’ve obviously got a plan/legit reason. We just need to wait and see what shakes out.

Yeah I’m the same. It’s not clear to me why we’ve included our f2 in Brisbane trade but Mackie and Wells aren’t idiots. They’ve obviously got a plan/legit reason. We just need to wait and see what shakes out.

I can only assume it means we will now retain our F1 for next years draft. If we walk away with Bruhn, Henry, Bowes and pick 7 whilst still maintaining our first next year it’s a superb result.

We don’t have list spots this year to use those late picks so they won’t be missed.

Not sure why you’re fixated on some late picks when we’re getting 2x 20yo first round drafted players, and 24yo mid and pick 7. We’re making out of this trade period as bandits.

Do any of us actually rate Clark as a top 5 prospect? I have only seen highlights so I'm not informed, but he seems very Deven Robertson .

I'm totally unsure... Only the club knows that.

It won't shock me if we know what Hawthorn is keen on (and it may or may not be Clark).

I like the idea of Humphrey who is a more dynamic De Goey style player.

Clark could still get to us "IF" he is our target anyway at pick 8.

Bruhn and Clark are similar types so that's why I lean toward a bigger bodied goal kicking type.

If we somehow snag that pick 5 (which will turn into 6) you would think that it would be to ensure we get Clark though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this on the draft board

I posted this on drafts board
I think its bs but just for fun

Gws out 3 12
In 1

NM Out 1 jhf, fr3 (nm) fr3 (freo)
In 2, 3, fr1 (port)

Port out 8, fr1, fr2, 33, 43, 53
In: jhf, esava, rioli, fr3 (freo)

Wce
Out 2 rioli
In 8 12 33, fr3 (nm)

Geelong Out 58 esava, fr3 (gee)
In 7, bowes

Gc out bowes, 7
In fr2 (port) fr 3 (geel)

Bris out 38
In 43 53 58

Im assuming the afl will tick off port trading future 1st and 2nd as a future 3rd is coming back in.

Who knows really though its all guesswork.

I dont know what all the other clubs parts are but im hoping we give up sav and a future 3rd (and 58 if needed) and gc get a future 2nd (probably from port or brisbane) which gives us bowes and 7 and keeps our future 1st.
Then 25 for henry.
So your saying we are getting f2nd for the Rat and 58? While Port are paying us a f2nd as the 58 goes to GC (likely Port would get to keep Surely). Anyway Geel would be the winner in this scenario !!!

so do we have a in principle agreement that 25 would get Henry done?

If so why are Collingwood making noises on R1 or else.. The media who are hardly bastions of knowledge that perhaps it might get it done..but perhaps Fr1 might be needed to get Henry?

I could careless about the "points" really, all our late pick this year were meant for trade but its relative for trading picks in a situation like this ... and the amount we trade we should have received 21 ..which I'd be more confident would have got the Henry trade done. ...but obvious ly Brisbane wants 21 for the Dogs deal.

Really I just want to see the final outcome. Whats the damage to next years draft?

Talk on the Dogs.... has Brisbane been irresponsible in the way they have lured Dunkley .... I know one thing . The Lions better be prepared for on going animosity with the Dogs.

Whats the bet they bid on Fletcher at 11/12?

Going back the whole Boyd thing happened due to them losing Ward. Just watch the kid they draft this year get targeted by the Dogs.

so do we have a in principle agreement that 25 would get Henry done?

If so why are Collingwood making noises on R1 or else.. The media who are hardly bastions of knowledge that perhaps it might get it done..but perhaps Fr1 might be needed to get Henry?

I could careless about the "points" really, all our late pick this year were meant for trade but its relative for trading picks in a situation like this ... and the amount we trade we should have received 21 ..which I'd be more confident would have got the Henry trade done. ...but obvious ly Brisbane wants 21 for the Dogs deal.

Really I just want to see the final outcome. Whats the damage to next years draft?

Talk on the Dogs.... has Brisbane been irresponsible in the way they have lured Dunkley .... I know one thing . The Lions better be prepared for on going animosity with the Dogs.

Whats the bet they bid on Fletcher at 11/12?

Going back the whole Boyd thing happened due to them losing Ward. Just watch the kid they draft this year get targeted by the Dogs.

This is my concern. We've traded out our F2 and now there's talk we'll trade out our F1. Next year's draft is already being talked up as another 'super draft' and we might not have a selection until R3.

There seems to be big demand on those high 2nd round picks, the first 24-25 draft prospects look good also, if I was ESS (pick 22) I would be trying to get in on some of that action, as they will get a bid for there F/S around 16-20. They are probably hoping one doesn’t come before 21, I guess. They won’t get as high of a return on draft night as some of the overpaying happening right now.

I'm totally unsure... Only the club knows that.

It won't shock me if we know what Hawthorn is keen on (and it may or may not be Clark).

I like the idea of Humphrey who is a more dynamic De Goey style player.

Clark could still get to us "IF" he is our target anyway at pick 8.

Bruhn and Clark are similar types so that's why I lean toward a bigger bodied goal kicking type.

If we somehow snag that pick 5 (which will turn into 6) you would think that it would be to ensure we get Clark though.

I think Clark is far more likely to be a 200 game player than Humphrey and others around his mark. I’d be taking him with 5. I really only have Ashcroft, Cadman and Wardlaw ahead of him for what we need at the moment.

I’m hoping that Willis may turn out to be that running, explosive mid that you think Humphrey may become. And of course we have Holmes who fits that description too as he plays more midfield time.

This is my concern. We've traded out our F2 and now there's talk we'll trade out our F1. Next year's draft is already being talked up as another 'super draft' and we might not have a selection until R3.
Certainly want to hold that F1.

My slight worry is that we will use whatever pick we get for Sav to add on top of #25 for Henry.

So hopefully #25 cuts the mustard for Henry and we can get a future to help our draft hand next year.

Yeah fair enough but I've prayed for a few other wins recently and haven't had any luck on those. Once you've got Clark and Henry sorted, and if it's not too much to ask, some assistance in those areas would be greatly appreciated.

If you could help an old digger I'd be forever in your debt. It gets cold and lonely some nights :p
Don't worry Jack, you're going to be very warm, for a long long time, in the future ...

Do any of us actually rate Clark as a top 5 prospect? I have only seen highlights so I'm not informed, but he seems very Deven Robertson.

5 which will become 6 is getting into an area of almost unparalleled talent for our draft. I could only guess if tehy still pick him...its due to his other aspects he brings as he doesnt look that much different to Bruhn ..someone we have just paid 18 for.

Cadman will be gone for sure but 6 is in that top zone for some very talented kids. perhaps Clark is 6 in the top group of 6

Ashcroft, Wardlaw, Cadman, Tsitas, Sheezel, Clark apparently a the top group ....

I think Clark is far more likely to be a 200 game player than Humphrey and others around his mark. I’d be taking him with 5. I really only have Ashcroft, Cadman and Wardlaw ahead of him for what we need at the moment.

I’m hoping that Willis may turn out to be that running, explosive mid that you think Humphrey may become. And of course we have Holmes who fits that description too as he plays more midfield time.
I agree with you and I'm more than happy to get Clark (who looks a sure thing to me).

I'm very keen on Willis as well, he looked super strong in his one good VFL game... but we will lack future height and marking mids that can rotate forward + kick goals.

If Clark won't get past the Hawks pick (and I'd think we would have a strong idea about it) then we need to snag that #5 off GC... assuming we are targeting Clark.

As per usual... Time will tell... But we are in a damn good spot I think after this trade period either way.

The gist of our trades Im fine with ... but boy that trade today with the picks.... was like trying to eat styrofoam but it's the bottomline that counts.

Come wed night... if he have P7 , Bowes, Henry, Bruhn and a Fr1 next year then...

I can visualise the Geelong recruitment team escaping from the trade room in mini's ..

and this trade period will be called ... The Mackie Job

still love that movie!

I agree with you and I'm more than happy to get Clark (who looks a sure thing to me).

I'm very keen on Willis as well, he looked super strong in his one good VFL game... but we will lack future height and marking mids that can rotate forward + kick goals.

If Clark won't get past the Hawks pick (and I'd think we would have a strong idea about it) then we need to snag that #5 off GC... assuming we are targeting Clark.

As per usual... Time will tell... But we are in a damn good spot I think after this trade period either way.

Jury is well and truly out but Knevitt is strong overhead. Hoping he can add 5+ Kg’s to his frame this off season.

You are right though. Goal kicking mids are absolutely gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back