Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we are now getting into the season and we are starting to get a bit more serious with discussion, seems a suitable time to post the following as it's repeatedly shown itself to be a value reference tool in trade & draft discussion

And as per normal, thanks to Lore for putting this together - always a fantastic reference tool

And yes this post is now stickied - makes it easy to keep track of (can easily reverse this though if needed)

So its gone from definitely NOT trading down...Wells excited to have a top 10 pick to various options trading down...

Ducks and drakes I reckon..I want Clark but suspect Hawks might take him..McKenzie would be a nice alternative.

Take it here for all the final pre draft and during draft action.

This i will reopen once Draft is concluded

GO Catters

Now the draft is over, this can reopen and resume this type of discussion

GO Catters

Now the draft is over, this can reopen and resume this type of discussion

GO Catters
Might be time to open the 2023 version now that the trade/draft/FA period is over for 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doedee
Parish
McKay
DeKonning

What is the word on who we are talking to?

Doedee wont leave adel and we dont need another back flanker anyway.

Parish might leave ess but i reckon its more likely he goes to a big melb club for $$ i cant see him picking us as we wont offer him the same $ (see hopper)

Mckay would be good if we dont have to trade for him and if nth melb think they will get a top 5 pick as compo they will probably let him go.

Tdk is certainly a target of need positionally with stanley and ceglar retiring and hawk close to the end but i wouldnt overpay as he is still not proven or an A grader. If he is prepared to come here for reasonable money then yes id be all for it.

Tdk is certainly a target of need positionally with stanley and ceglar retiring and hawk close to the end but i wouldnt overpay as he is still not proven or an A grader. If he is prepared to come here for reasonable money then yes id be all for it.
Bruhn & Henry are not A graders either & but we gave up a bit for them + TDK would be needed even more than them positionally.

I'd be surprised if we weren't eyeing at least one of TDK or McKay (plenty would be talking to McKay though).

Getting and eyeing are two different things though.

Bruhn & Henry are not A graders either & but we gave up a bit for them + TDK would be needed even more than them positionally.

I'd be surprised if we weren't eyeing at least one of TDK or McKay (plenty would be talking to McKay though).

Getting and eyeing are two different things though.

I mean bruhn and henry really only cost the equivalent of early 20s picks and id like to get tdk for about the same but realistically talls cost more.

I do agree with you in the sense though that we are likely to be chasing talls next year-given the number of kpp at or over 30 on our list thats the key gap we need to fill.

TDK would be worth a 1st round pick...
I think his value is similar to what we paid for Stanley, which was an end of first round pick. It became Pick 21 for Saints, and they selected Hugh Goddard. So I guess we won that trade. But at the time, we did overpay for Stanley. Although, Stanley was a bit of specimen, fast, strong and very athletic, and took a heap of marks that season for the Saints when he was traded to us. I think they were expecting him to become a Key Forward for us though.

I think his value is similar to what we paid for Stanley, which was an end of first round pick. It became Pick 21 for Saints, and they selected Hugh Goddard. So I guess we won that trade. But at the time, we did overpay for Stanley. Although, Stanley was a bit of specimen, fast, strong and very athletic, and took a heap of marks that season for the Saints when he was traded to us. I think they were expecting him to become a Key Forward for us though.
You guess we won the trade?

Last edited:
I think his value is similar to what we paid for Stanley, which was an end of first round pick. It became Pick 21 for Saints, and they selected Hugh Goddard. So . Although, Stanley was a bit of specimen, fast, strong and very athletic, and took a heap of marks that season for the Saints when he was traded to us. I think they were expecting him to become a Key Forward for us though.

Stanley - and well done to Rhys - Premiership ruckman - and all the rest of it - and did have a very good year

But all the accurate points you make about him - fast athletic - good mark - but i can remember watching him at StK - it was a Sunday game at the Docklands - and he played Centre Half Back for the Saints - and played well - so there was allways a bit of blue sky with him - because of the attributes he had

Stanley - and well done to Rhys - Premiership ruckman - and all the rest of it - and did have a very good year

But all the accurate points you make about him - fast athletic - good mark - but i can remember watching him at StK - it was a Sunday game at the Docklands - and he played Centre Half Back for the Saints - and played well - so there was allways a bit of blue sky with him - because of the attributes he had
But geez he makes it hard despite all of his attributes

Hawks paying a fair bit of the salaries for both Mitchell and Jagger…I’m glad that’s not us personally

Seems to me they went with this strategy a year or two too late. Contributing towards salary is fine when you are a bottom dweller and struggling to make minimum cap but if you are going to do that you actually want "overs" in return. What did they end up getting for them? Cooper Stephens, Meek and a pick they burned trading up on draft night? Ouch.

Carlton very nervous and so they should be.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
From what I have been told, I would be VERY surprised if he stayed at Carlton. It would take a mammoth financial offer for him to resign with them.

Seems to me they went with this strategy a year or two too late. Contributing towards salary is fine when you are a bottom dweller and struggling to make minimum cap but if you are going to do that you actually want "overs" in return. What did they end up getting for them? Cooper Stephens, Meek and a pick they burned trading up on draft night? Ouch.

Actually worse than that-the pick they got for omeara was the dogs r2 (via lobb trade) which will probably be in the 30s, the pick they burned trading up was their own r2 which will probably be early 20s.

Unless meek and cooper become A graders they really havent got much for their A graders they traded out.
The only real benefit to them is it helps them lose more games next year if you assume they will tank hard to try and ger harley reid but thats a risky strategy as other teams could easily be worse than them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back