Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question - this year's Clark/e has an 'e' on the end?

So, this likely means we'll continue referring to Jordan with Clarke, and then new Clarke with actually get called Clark 🤦

If only we had both on the books at the same time...
It's Jhye Clark

Cheers

So, IF we are able to draft him you, looking at his name I'm guessing we'll get misspellings of both first & last names
We have next to no chance of drafting him. He'll go around pick 6.

Genuine question - this year's Clark/e has an 'e' on the end?

So, this likely means we'll continue referring to Jordan with Clarke, and then new Clarke with actually get called Clark 🤦

If only we had both on the books at the same time...
Yeah whoops my bad, Clark

Menegola will play on.

Missed him. Hes contracted and i expect him to unless his knee is stuffed.
Fwiw while guys with contracts could work out a settlement and retire
Stanley ceglar rohan danger menegola are contracted
Whereas selwood tuohy smith dahl hawkins (though i expect he definitely plays on) are uncontracted

We have next to no chance of drafting him. He'll go around pick 6.

Yeah i reckon hawthorn take him (unless they trade that pick). Could slip through but unlikely.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
We won the season, now time to win trade period. Bruhn, Henry, Pick 7/Bowes please
I'd even add McKenna to that list too, costs nothing at trade table. I know a few people don't like that idea, but I suppose some didn't like the Isaac Smith or Gary Rohan idea as well....

I think Selwood is probably finished, so we can get another mid, and I wouldn't be surprised if Rohan retires or plays another season but get's phased out by the likes of Henry if we can get him. We can't right off Dempsey either, he will push for games next season.

I'd even add McKenna to that list too, costs nothing at trade table. I know a few people don't like that idea, but I suppose some didn't like the Isaac Smith or Gary Rohan idea as well....

I think Selwood is probably finished, so we can get another mid, and I wouldn't be surprised if Rohan retires or plays another season but get's phased out by the likes of Henry if we can get him. We can't right off Dempsey either, he will push for games next season.
Why not?

Hopefully we will get some announcements next week from bruhn and maybe henry etc now that GF is over.

Massive credit to wellsy for his trading and drafting of this list..he has been an amazing servant of the club.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Hopefully we will get some announcements next week from bruhn and maybe henry etc now that GF is over.

Massive credit to wellsy for his trading and drafting of this list..he has been an amazing servant of the club.
Yep.

Full credit to the entire club, a very professional unit. How legends are made.

So so many things we've done in recent seasons were vindicated today. Lots of list management, trading and free agent choices among them.
What a ride. We took on the AFL's system and we beat it.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
2022 Premiers

Norm Smith for Izzie, after leaving the club of our biggest rivals - to play for us

Selwood as a Premiership Captain

Stengle from Woodville West Torrens to AFL Premier, AA and lead goalkicker in a GF in the space of 12 months

+

Tanner Bruhn (announced)
Ollie Henry (likely)
Connor McKenna (possible)
Jack Bowes + Pick 7 (possible)

Just keeps getting better and better!

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
As salary dump trades are on the table where the team losing the player is paying a pick premium to get rid of them, it is only time until three way trades open up where.

Team 1
Out player,
In salary cap space

Team 2
Out picks
In player

Team 3
Out salary cap space
In picks

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Kid is an elite kick, absolutely
I can’t see him as a mid though
I see him as a Brad Sheppard backman who can play a lot taller than a KPD

There is often a want in players to play a specific role..often mid , as if what they are good at is not good enough. I heard Chappy often say he want a mid role yet..imo..what seperated him..was he quick balance a goals of very few step. Maybe he becomes a mid... how many of us had Atkins in that role at the season start... put them all in a blender and they will find the right role. ..I do agree he has the same sort of attribute of Sheppard or even a coupld of guys in our side. 2E will not be playing for ever. If he picks us... he would be a good add to our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back