Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotta ask, why don't we put Simmo on the 'inactive' list, and give him the rest of the year to get cherry ripe? Clearly is taking time with these concussion symptoms, and would open up another list spot if we wanted to grab a KPP and best available.
It seems like he’s not far off playing VFL now.

FORMER Kangaroo Sam Durdin, ex-Bombers Ned Cahill and Trent Mynott, delisted Bulldogs Will Hayes and Ben Cavarra, ex-Tiger Ryan Garthwaite and former Swan Matt Ling are among the first round of players to nominate for next week's NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

Ling's entered the mid-season draft. He's been pretty great from the VFL games I've watched this year, definitely good enough to get another crack at AFL.

No point dreaming about Bruhn and Henry; they, like a dozen or more even better Falcons, are playing for other clubs because we play finals every year.

Further, in order to secure either of the above we'd need to sacrifice picks. We're fare better off using our picks in this year's draft.

Has Worpel been discussed? Seems on outer at Hawthorn and with Newcombe dominating he may be up for a change / return home? Apologies if this has been discussed. I flipped through some pages but couldn't see anything

Ling's entered the mid-season draft. He's been pretty great from the VFL games I've watched this year, definitely good enough to get another crack at AFL.
Fair chance he might end up on our list then. Pretty hard for a player to impact at a club mid season if they don’t know the club.

Had he been on our list would have he played at afl level?
I couldn’t say I’ve seen enough to make a good call on that. Though he doesn’t really fulfil a need if he’s good enough then he could find a spot off half back.

One J Clark got 27 disposals in a losing team over the weekend, proving that, despite the multitudinous character flaws attributed to him by the moral arbiters in this forum, he is a real talent and was big loss to the club.

One J Clark got 27 disposals in a losing team over the weekend, proving that, despite the multitudinous character flaws attributed to him by the moral arbiters in this forum, he is a real talent and was big loss to the club.
I didn't want to lose him either, but the silver lining at least is that without him leaving we'd only be able to land one of Knevitt and Conway. They're still green, but both have the potential to be handy players for the next decade. Better that than blasting the pick we got on another mature age oldie.

We wanted to keep year 1 J Clark. The one with a good attitude

The other J Clark on the other hand needed to F off

Good on him and hope he has a good career at Fremantle

But not sure he's form at Fremantle would necessarily equate to showing similar form at Geelong - he's playing as as rebounding "defender" at Fremantle, a similar role to what we see Stewart play for us. For both guys, they're at their best when playing as attacking players rather than having to play accountable football in the backline

Clark was never going to play ahead of Stewart in our backline in that role, but as we saw in his first season, those skills transferred well to change of position when he was shifted to the midfield & wing early. He showed good form playing that role for us in his first season where it looked like we found this pacy, attacking wing option that we hadn't seen for a while - but he didn't show that same form across seasons 2 or 3, before then asking to return home

He's now returned to WA, is playing for Fremantle and discussion about him is more suited to the Non-Geelong football discussion thread - Oppo Camp - Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021/2022, because the reality is that he's not a Geelong player now, and it's unlikely he'll return to being a Geelong player & thus not really a discussion for the trade thread. It's also going to get bloody tiring to read weekly updates on an opposition player because he got a few touches playing for his new team

As said earlier, good luck to him but surely it's time we all moved on, or alternatively head to the Fremantle board to discuss him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Worpel been discussed? Seems on outer at Hawthorn and with Newcombe dominating he may be up for a change / return home? Apologies if this has been discussed. I flipped through some pages but couldn't see anything
Only been discussed in reference to players we unanimously don't want

I just think about Hickey when I hear this. O’Brien will probably dominate for whichever team he next ends up with.
For every Hickey there’s 20 Zac Smiths.

GIANTS SET TO LOSE YOUNG GUN MID

GWS reportedly can’t afford to re-sign both Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper and is likely to lose one of the young gun midfielders this trade period.

Taranto, the former Pick 2, comes out of contract at the end of this season while Hopper last year signed a two-year extension which has him tied to the club until the end of 2023.

But according to AFL reporter Tom Browne, it’s an “either/or” proposition with the midfield pair, meaning one is likely to leave so the other can stay.

“There’s a lot of focus at the moment on the Giants’ Tim Taranto, and Jacob Hopper is also in theory available,” he said on Triple M.

“If one of those guys (leaves) - it’s either/or. If Taranto falls out, Hopper will stay, if they re-sign Taranto, Hopper might go.

“So that will become a talking point from a trade perspective over the coming months.”

The Giants’ issues in keeping Taranto were flagged earlier this year.

“The one to watch at the Giants is Tim Taranto,” AFL Media’s Cal Twomey told SEN Breakfast in April.

“A discussion will be had on where he’s playing and what inside midfielder or midfielder do the Giants have to shed from a salary cap point of view this year.

“He’s a Victorian boy of course, he loves Sydney, he’s a heart and soul player up there, just played his 100th game, but there’s no doubt that with potential full-time midfield roles available elsewhere, what offer or opportunity does that present in his mind?

“I think that’ll be an interesting one, depending on what role he plays this year, but that one will be one to follow in the coming months.

So I'd rather Taranto, but I know we been interested in Hopper years gone by...

GIANTS SET TO LOSE YOUNG GUN MID

GWS reportedly can’t afford to re-sign both Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper and is likely to lose one of the young gun midfielders this trade period.

Taranto, the former Pick 2, comes out of contract at the end of this season while Hopper last year signed a two-year extension which has him tied to the club until the end of 2023.

But according to AFL reporter Tom Browne, it’s an “either/or” proposition with the midfield pair, meaning one is likely to leave so the other can stay.

“There’s a lot of focus at the moment on the Giants’ Tim Taranto, and Jacob Hopper is also in theory available,” he said on Triple M.

“If one of those guys (leaves) - it’s either/or. If Taranto falls out, Hopper will stay, if they re-sign Taranto, Hopper might go.

“So that will become a talking point from a trade perspective over the coming months.”

The Giants’ issues in keeping Taranto were flagged earlier this year.

“The one to watch at the Giants is Tim Taranto,” AFL Media’s Cal Twomey told SEN Breakfast in April.

“A discussion will be had on where he’s playing and what inside midfielder or midfielder do the Giants have to shed from a salary cap point of view this year.

“He’s a Victorian boy of course, he loves Sydney, he’s a heart and soul player up there, just played his 100th game, but there’s no doubt that with potential full-time midfield roles available elsewhere, what offer or opportunity does that present in his mind?

“I think that’ll be an interesting one, depending on what role he plays this year, but that one will be one to follow in the coming months.

So I'd rather Taranto, but I know we been interested in Hopper years gone by...
Selwood money. Wave it around.

Anyone think it’s a little Suss Higgins has been out for a few weeks now with General Soreness, would not be surprised one bit if he retired in the middle of the week.
Ling nominating for the draft is a big hint we might just take him

Higgins wont retire until we are out of finals contention (i think we make it) and ling might be hoping any club picks him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back