Kobe Gryant

extremely overqualified chemistry teacher
Jul 31, 2021
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers
Doesn't get that involved in games, general athleticism, he isn't skilful enough for that midsized forward role. Doesn't pressure enough for a small forward role.

He's a kid. It took his brother 5 years to look like a budding star of the competition and the majority of us love him around here.

He's young and has legitimate talent, that in itself makes him viable for our list.

I wonder if, like his brother, he is actually a defender
would he be a good mid sized forward replacement for Rohan?

Jez, Neale, Henry, Miers, Close, Stengle. after Tomma calls it.

GO Catters

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
He's a kid. It took his brother 5 years to look like a budding star of the competition and the majority of us love him around here.

He's young and has legitimate talent, that in itself makes him viable for our list.

I liked Jack pre-draft, never had the same feeling for Oliver, the more I saw the less impressed I was. Feel like he got a little extra attention due to Jack, in a year where very little underaged football was played, it was enough to push into the top 20.

would he be a good mid sized forward replacement for Rohan?

Jez, Neale, Henry, Miers, Close, Stengle. after Tomma calls it.

GO Catters
I think if I was managing this list I'd want to keep as many forward positions open to dual position mids as possible. We will need to both blood kids and rotate the geriatrics. Same for defenders but I can only see Kroeger slotting in that way looking at the current list

Cameron_Jezza

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Watching blues tonight makes me think we are even more off a flag than we realise. It’s hard to fathom but there is a chance that not one player on our list will be there for our next flag.

I don’t think we’ll ever drop completely but we need a full list overhaul. Building premiership lists requires batches of elite young players rising together, over a few drafts. I’m talking 12 - 14 guns together over say 3 - 5 drafts. Topped up with a few trades snd FA’s.

We are so far off it’s not funny. Of our young list, I think SDK is the only future A grade superstar in the making. Stengle close Holmes look good… but we need about 8-10 more really good prospects coming through… they haven’t even been drafted yet.

I have no doubt we can do it… I think we have the best or top 3 off field structures, a good culture and some good heads at the top… but it is going to take a long time. A decade maybe to get back up and challenging legitimately.

Exciting times ahead. We MUST prioritise 4 picks within the top 30 the next 3-5 drafts.
Then we need to trade somebody out to get extra picks. Who could that be?
Who has trade value that is 28 or so.
I don't think anybody wants to trade Hawkins , Stewart or Jeremy Cameron.

Phipppppa

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2022
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
The word out of Arden Street is that Todd Goldstein’s club of choice for next year is Geelong, citing the reason as “family.”

With Ceglar and Stanley and the rise of Conway, I don’t see us needing him.

The word out of Arden Street is that Todd Goldstein’s club of choice for next year is Geelong, citing the reason as “family.”

With Ceglar and Stanley and the rise of Conway, I don’t see us needing him.
Three years too late Todd. FRO.

Any player for the right cost, I'm not a fan
Cost. To me that seems the problem.

If he plays well enough to maintain R1 or early 20s currency then you'd imagine Collingwood would be unwilling to move him on.

But

If he becomes cheaper by stagnating somewhat..to the point where Collingwood are looking to offload then you'd have to start wondering why we should be interested.

Doesn't get that involved in games, general athleticism, he isn't skilful enough for that midsized forward role. Doesn't pressure enough for a small forward role.
Don’t know about that. Seems to get a lot of opportunities but isn’t capitalising. Athleticism? Can’t agree there at all. That’s a strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back