Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What later picks do you think will get those trades done?

18 will be used. Give that to gws and get some change back, say 39… as you say they won’t need later picks and bruhn is not worth a first rounder outright.

Next we use 36 + 39 plus maybe another (46) to Essendon (depending on their list spots but we’re in a good spot to trade with them) who need points for Davey for 22. Give 22 plus maybe 54 for Henry. Worst case if that doesn’t work, use a future R1 for Henry plus something back.

Lots of options.

But one thing is for sure, there is NO WAY we should be doing anything with 7 other than taking it to the draft. We won’t get a chance like this for probably another decade.

Id think Sav could mean we get away without using our R1 in the Bruhn trade.

Nah that would be robbery sav is worth a 3rd at best and i think 36 and a 3rd is unders for bruhn.
Id say 18 and sav and at best we get a future 2nd back with bruhn (maybe a 3rd).
If we can work the future 2nd or 3rd into the henry or bowes trades its still a net win for us.

PO has been adamant I'm wrong about this for a while haha, but I still think Stanley retires due to how much we managed him this year with injury, and we just go in with Ceglar, Blics and Conway as our ruck options next year. I also think Rohan could retire too if he wants to go out on a high - and we get Ollie Henry/want him to play a lot next year. Then someone like Sam Simpson gets delisted and re rookied, and all of a sudden that's 3 extra spots

Stanley is contracted but retirement is possible (we would have heard at the carji though so i dont think he will) but even if he retired we would bring in another ruck so it doesnt create a list spot. You couldnt run with only ceglar conway and blitz as rucks its too thin.

I agree on the simpson call though.

Id think Sav could mean we get away without using our R1 in the Bruhn trade.

This.

No R1 if we give Sav I would think. Bruhns value is overrated. Look at the Caldwell trade for value.

Separately to this, I actually think Sav will make a really good defender. Liam Jones style with his athleticism. I hope he stays

18 will be used. Give that to gws and get some change back, say 39… as you say they won’t need later picks and bruhn is not worth a first rounder outright.

Next we use 36 + 39 plus maybe another (46) to Essendon (depending on their list spots but we’re in a good spot to trade with them) who need points for Davey for 22. Give 22 plus maybe 54 for Henry. Worst case if that doesn’t work, use a future R1 for Henry plus something back.

Lots of options.

But one thing is for sure, there is NO WAY we should be doing anything with 7 other than taking it to the draft. We won’t get a chance like this for probably another decade.

39 might go back from gws to richmond but possible.

I think essendon will want to use 22 as a live pick as they think daveys wont get bids til after 30 they will only trade it out on the night (which doesnt help us).
That trade could maybe work with gc at 25 as they want futures..would pies take that?

I agree in an ideal world we go 18 (add sav if needed) for bruhn and some late pick back.
Then try and upgrade 36 to the 20s and offer that pick + 46 + 51/54 (we wont use them anyway) but whether pies will have use for the later picks i dont know (depends on their other deals maybe) i still reckon they will push for our future 1st for henry and we will do if because its the most straightforward option.

This.

No R1 if we give Sav I would think. Bruhns value is overrated. Look at the Caldwell trade for value.

Separately to this, I actually think Sav will make a really good defender. Liam Jones style with his athleticism. I hope he stays

Hes contracted so we can keep him (and maybe we should given our lack of kpds) but realistically he isnt worth more than a 3rd. Josh walker got us sav via a r3 and thats basically where savs market value is imo.

Re: McKenna

"The 26-year-old will be able to be scooped up through the National Rookie Draft or the Supplementary Selection Period (SSP) over the off-season and will reportedly have til November to make a decision on his future."

So I assume that means we can put him on the Rookie List....

Nah that would be robbery sav is worth a 3rd at best and i think 36 and a 3rd is unders for bruhn.
Id say 18 and sav and at best we get a future 2nd back with bruhn (maybe a 3rd).
If we can work the future 2nd or 3rd into the henry or bowes trades its still a net win for us.
Nah.. thats almost zero advantage to trading Sav. May as well take him out of the trade.. and keep him as possible KPD

On worth alone ... the worth of his potential as a KPD seems to me we might get something a bit more than you feel... what did Port give for allir allir. Fr2

To me without something like Sav , Bruhn is around 20-25 id have thought which is our R1 . with a tad back if we are lucky.

If his addition to the trade can make it a R2/R3 , maybe gained from point swaps, then OK id be prepared to trade him and look at other alternatives ...like Philips you mentioned or perhaps a late pick kid.

Last edited:
If Bruhn and Bowes turn up we'll have 4 1st round mids with Stephens & Holmes the other 2.
With another 3 in Parfitt(24) Knevitt(25) Willis(32) being 2nd rounders.
Those 7 players indicate we have/or will invest/ed heavily in mids in recent years.
Where as we have drafted 1 Key back (SDK) 1 Key forward (Neale) and 1 Ruckman (Conway)
I guess the art of list management will show its hand whether we draft or trade for missing links.
All i will say is when u have the best forward sitting at Pick 7... do u take him or the 5th best mid?
Take the best at his position is my view.
Aaron Cadman in the No. 4 kicking left footed snags would be a sight!! lol.
Cheers
I actually love the look of busslinger personally and would love him and SDK side by side for a decade. Would set us up for the bedt defence almost gyaranteed for a decade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PO has been adamant I'm wrong about this for a while haha, but I still think Stanley retires due to how much we managed him this year with injury, and we just go in with Ceglar, Blics and Conway as our ruck options next year. I also think Rohan could retire too if he wants to go out on a high - and we get Ollie Henry/want him to play a lot next year. Then someone like Sam Simpson gets delisted and re rookied, and all of a sudden that's 3 extra spots
Spots on the list sure

Spots in the 22 though

Surely the odds of getting bowes getting smaller

so many offers from other clubs with big sal cap space like Ess and North.... I doubt he will be losing money thru a smooth out.

NORTH IN BOWES MIX​

NORTH Melbourne is another club showing its interest in Gold Coast midfielder Jack Bowes and the Suns' pick No.7 combo.

The Roos have the salary cap space to accommodate Bowes' remaining two years of his back-ended deal with the Suns and are understood to be among the clubs keen to pursue the 24-year-old.

The 83-gamer will meet with a number of clubs in the coming days as he makes a call on where he wants to play, with Geelong, Essendon, Hawthorn and Brisbane also showing their interest in him. St Kilda, too, has looked at Bowes.

The Ollie Henry situation is quite intriguing, journos still seem uncertain about whether he’s staying or going. He’s either genuinely undecided or his manager is playing his cards very close to his chest.

Pies’ B&F is tonight so it’s possible he will hold onto his trade request until after then, if he is leaving.

so many offers from other clubs with big sal cap space like Ess and North.... I doubt he will be losing money thru a smooth out.

NORTH IN BOWES MIX​

NORTH Melbourne is another club showing its interest in Gold Coast midfielder Jack Bowes and the Suns' pick No.7 combo.

The Roos have the salary cap space to accommodate Bowes' remaining two years of his back-ended deal with the Suns and are understood to be among the clubs keen to pursue the 24-year-old.

The 83-gamer will meet with a number of clubs in the coming days as he makes a call on where he wants to play, with Geelong, Essendon, Hawthorn and Brisbane also showing their interest in him. St Kilda, too, has looked at Bowes.

Any talent we look to attract / trade in should be coming to us based on a desire to be part of a winning system - and particularly for the younger ones, that may include spending time in the twos learning the Geelong way until they earn their spot in the best 22. They should recognise that they will get their shot given the need to rotate our older players ahead of the big wave of retirements that will start end of next year, and they will be better placed by learning from the best in the meantime.

If anyone is solely focused on big dollars or being ‘guaranteed’ senior game time from day 1, they belong somewhere else. That goes for Bowes, Bruhn, O Henry or anyone else (eg. Hopper).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Ollie Henry situation is quite intriguing, journos still seem uncertain about whether he’s staying or going. He’s either genuinely undecided or his manager is playing his cards very close to his chest.

Pies’ B&F is tonight so it’s possible he will hold onto his trade request until after then, if he is leaving.
He's waiting on Geelong.

NORTH IN BOWES MIX​

I think he’ll end up at the club that will pay his contract as is. He’s a fringe player at one of the poorest clubs he doesn’t know if he’ll get another contract let alone one like he has.
So he’ll be wanting to secure the money he is owed.
That might mean Geelong misses out because we don’t want to take the contract like that.
Can’t argue with the contract structures we use but I think it’d be a mistake to not take this deal. It gives us two chances to add a really good player to the list.

Any talent we look to attract / trade in should be coming to us based on a desire to be part of a winning system - and particularly for the younger ones, that may include spending time in the twos learning the Geelong way until they earn their spot in the best 22. They should recognise that they will get their shot given the need to rotate our older players ahead of the big wave of retirements that will start end of next year, and they will be better placed by learning from the best in the meantime.

If anyone is solely focused on big dollars or being ‘guaranteed’ senior game time from day 1, they belong somewhere else. That goes for Bowes, Bruhn, O Henry or anyone else (eg. Hopper).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If someone is agrees for the sake of the organisation to take less money and to be paid later ...that is not being solely focused on dollars, and now when that payment is due...expecting that money to come ..would not be solely focused on money either.

Even if Bowes comes to Geelong and is paid Geelong money... lets say what ever Zac Guth is on ... he is still owed the money he was under paid when they altered his contract. Thats why P7 comes with the trade

Geelong smoothing out the money might be tolerable to a degree... just how much would he be willing to forego moneys owed to him to play for Geelong..or smooth out the contract. Speaking personally I could forgo a bit but no way could I forego 400 to 600g

Some clubs like Ess or North might have so much cap room that could pay him that upfront in Y1

I think he’ll end up at the club that will pay his contract as is. He’s a fringe player at one of the poorest clubs he doesn’t know if he’ll get another contract let alone one like he has.
So he’ll be wanting to secure the money he is owed.
That might mean Geelong misses out because we don’t want to take the contract like that.
Can’t argue with the contract structures we use but I think it’d be a mistake to not take this deal. It gives us two chances to add a really good player to the list.

The more clubs like ess and Norh get involved... the more we may have to just agree to replicate his 2023,2024 gold coast contract. No smoothing. Ess might have that much money ..just what would they pay to sway him? If he still agrees to come to Geelong and smooth his money it would be a big sacrfice to my mind.

..its basically purchasing p7 ..its just that he holds p7 based on whoever he agree to go to

The odds of getting most of our trade targets seem 50/50 at best imo. A lot of people seem to be assuming we'll get all of Bruhn, Henry, Bowes and McKenna, but really, for various reasons I think Bruhn is the only one on that list I feel more or less certain we'll bring in.

Bowes: Will surely get more financially appealing offers from other clubs.
Henry: Is a player Collingwood strongly want to keep, and they may have more cap space to put an improved offer to him if De Goey doesn't sign da ting.
McKenna: Hasn't even confirmed he'll be returning to the AFL yet, and there's no reason to suggest we're his preferred club.

Even the Bruhn situation may get sticky, with GWS sounding like they're going to drive a hard bargain. I do think a deal will be done though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back