Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we end up actually being able to take him.

I think a change is coming that will see the rubicon for eligibility shift again.. perhaps back closer to R1 or top20 ...maybe even a tweak to the discount. I doubt discount is needed for top end talent but I can understand the logic of it if you have put in years of development. I have not seen the kid play bar the odd glimpse... but one haas to say, if he mirrors so many other kids with a Sudanese genetic background then we are looking at a high end athletic player. If he has the height of someone like Blitz then we many still be in trouble. Melb lost out on Mac Andrew like that.

Had BR jumping 98 in one of the test. Cant find any real info on his height ... the 2025 thread has him listed as 190cm 12 months ago.

another tidbit of info ... another Non father son tested well in Jason Snells son jumping over 100

Last edited:

So tell me something...

Say a team offers Stengle 750k for 4 years, or 800k for 4 years... What compo pick would we get?

Its hard to say for sure bc the cap going up affects the FA compo bands.
But 750k is probably band 2 (ie pick 19 bf compos) whereas you would need over 800k a year for 5 years to trigger band 1 i think (if we finish top 4 the differencd between band 1 and 2 is only like 4 picks anyway).

I think we will go to 700k for Stengle. Probably for 3 years with a 1 yr trigger option. I reckon he'd stay for that too.

I just can't see him going back to SA, a Melbourne club or a Sydney club imho. He just doesn't strike me as a big city type of person. So where does that leave him? Maybe a Brisbane, WCE or Freo then; and I'm just not sure he will go there also...

I only rate him a less than 15% chance of leaving.

If he goes for 800k and doesn’t get band 1 I’ll be filthy.
Isn’t that in the top % for his age? Therefore band 1?
Small forwards of Stengles ability are huge in the modern game. We will be very damaged structurally without him.

Just get him signed and locked away

Rongdit looks like a fantastic opportunity. I have never seen such a spring.

The issue is that the AFL have changed the rules before so who knows if we can get him.

Remember the Jamara fiasco. He should be playing for us but after investing in him for years the AFL shifted our region boundary.
im sure the NGA boundary will change as soon as he hits the draftable year for us.

WE are not able to gain anything from the AFL systems in place anymore - JUH for example.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back