Competitions GFC AFL Fantasy 2018 General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-01-19/cats-afl-fantasy-prices-revealed

Mitch Duncan (MID, $793,000) proved to be an elite performer. He averaged 112.6, bettering his 94.9 posted back in 2014.

A return of 84.6 from 18 games for Zac Smith (RUC, $596,000) was the first time he had averaged more than 72 in a season.

Zach Tuohy (DEF, $603,000) enjoyed his first year at the Cattery playing all 22 games and bettering his previous best average by more than 12 points.

Scott Selwood (MID, $704,000) has been plagued by injuries and finally got a run at it in the second half of 2017. He averaged 99.9, second only to his 2013 season of 108.3 as an Eagle.

In his 10th season, Patrick Dangerfield (MID, $849,000) produced his best season to date. After increasing his numbers from an average of 106 to 118 in his first year as a Cat, his sophomore year was even better averaging 120.5.
Danger is a reliable captain option week-to-week no matter what role he is playing. Coaches who skippered him in round 17 last season would have been worried when he went off the ground with a first quarter injury. The 2016 Brownlow Medallist returned to play out the game from the goal square and kicked five goals for 140 points.

As the only forward listed player to averaged more than 100 last season, Sam Menegola (MID/FWD, $719,000)carries the top price tag for those with FWD status.

Since 2007 Gary Ablett (MID, $837,000) has averaged more than 110 points, making the Little Master the No. 1 Fantasy player of the last decade.
Geelong's favourite son is back in the navy blue and white hoops but comes with a hefty price tag. Despite playing just 14 games last season, the former Gold Coast captain averaged 118.7, his fourth-greatest return in his 16-year career.
While many pundits think that Ablett will spend some time forward in the twilight of his career, Cats' coach Chris Scott said that he'll be a midfielder first and forward second. The points will flow once again for Gaz and while he will be a first-round Draft pick, it will be wait and see for most in Classic.

Cuthrie has dropped, due to injury, but why is he maligned by some? Lowest since 2013.

Joel Selwood (MID, $670,000) - seems low ???

We have a Supercoach thread so only fair that there is one for AFL Fantasy:

All details here please:

Go Catters

There's a difference? :oops:
AFL Fantasy is AFL sponsored.

Supercoach is Herald Sun run.

Massive difference and both relevant but need different threads.

GO Catters

AFL Fantasy is AFL sponsored.

Supercoach is Herald Sun run.

Massive difference and both relevant but need different threads.

GO Catters
I was kidding around

What about Real DT?

For the 17 players each year that partake in that still, and if you are one, please feel free to start, maintain and post the relevant content for that game.

Thanks for volunteering Biggy_Boy

Good for you getting involved.

Go Catters

Thanks Kitty.....I play this against my sons.....and assorted hangers on over many years.

2 0f the last three years have been won by a female who calls herself "A Girl"....She knows her stuff. Met her on my last visit to Oz ... We told her she should change her name to "Flash in the Pan"..... Her response?

"I'm doing ok as I am....aren't I guys?" :mad::mad:

If we end up short of numbers I will advise here so BF members can join.

Hi there, I am keen to pick Menegola in RDT. Was at Simmons for that crushing loss last year and was really impressed by his workrate, thought he was probably BOG. A few questions:

- Does his scoring suffer or benefit from Ablett coming back in?
- Is his spot secure in the medium term, or could you see him fall quickly out of favour with Scott?

Cheers.

Hi there, I am keen to pick Menegola in RDT. Was at Simmons for that crushing loss last year and was really impressed by his workrate, thought he was probably BOG. A few questions:

- Does his scoring suffer or benefit from Ablett coming back in?
- Is his spot secure in the medium term, or could you see him fall quickly out of favour with Scott?

Cheers.
From my little bit of research, Ablett is considered an Ace + Menegola is considered a King.

Menegola was one of only one three forwards to average 100+ last year along with Macrae + Sidebottom.

Average: 102.1
Games Played: 19
Salary: $719,000

Menegola laid more tackles than Wines + Viney. Took more marks than Dusty + Merrett in 2017, despite missing three games early in 2017.

Even with the addition of Ablett + hopefully a healthy Jelwood, the trade of Motlop will create more of a forward/midfielder role for him.

Another consideration is the Fab Five, none of whom managed to play all 22 games last season. If anyone of them misses games, Menegola is the man.

In the five games, when Duncan, Danger or Jelwood were sidelined Menegola scored an average of 121.2 pts. When he played alongside the trio he averaged just 95.2 points. That's not including when Scooter played - who plays a run-with role.

He's a high price, so some recommend waiting before adding him to your DT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back