News GFC Board Election & Carter's Presidency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 days left for nominations if anyone is going to stand:

In accordance with the Constitution of the Club, members are advised that an election for the seven (7) positions on the Board of the Geelong Football Club Limited shall be conducted.

The 3-year term of the current Board of Directors concludes at the Annual General Meeting on 18th of December 2019. Current Directors are eligible for re-election.

Nominations must be received by the Chief Executive of the Club not later than

5pm on 20th of November 2019. Nomination forms are available on request from the Club’s Company Secretary, Simon Kelleher (see below for contact details).

Voting shall be conducted by electronic voting if an election is required to fill the positions. Members entitled to vote shall receive the relevant voting material in the mail by 2 December 2019. Voting will conclude at 5 pm on 15th December 2019.

The Returning Officer for the election will be Danielle Hine of Computershare.

Simon Kelleher
Company Secretary
skelleher@geelongcats.com.au

Did anyone nominate? Other than the current seven

no idea - I haven't seen anything about any new nominations and for all the talk on here, not sure anyone bothered to get themselves nominated either

no idea - I haven't seen anything about any new nominations and for all the talk on here, not sure anyone bothered to get themselves nominated either
Imagine that lol

GO Catters

Does that also mean that come the 2020 season, that when the bitching about the board starts that we can legitimately ask:

- what did you try to do about it?
- did you nominate for the board at last years AGM?
- or would you rather just complain versus taking action based on your complaints?

Does that also mean that come the 2020 season, that when the bitching about the board starts that we can legitimately ask:

- what did you try to do about it?
- did you nominate for the board at last years AGM?
- or would you rather just complain versus taking action based on your complaints?
We can ask, but not legitimately.
None of those are legitimate answers to any complaints.

What are legitimate answers to the complaints?
To me those are legitimate questions for those who want to bitch & complain about our board, their decisions & accountability, and whom also then complain about the apparent secrecy of the AGM

I thought this thread tried to simplify things around the AGM & board elections, including nominations - but as we know, some will always find a reason to complain

To me those are legitimate questions for those who want to bitch & complain about our board, their decisions & accountability, and whom also then complain about the apparent secrecy of the AGM

I thought this thread tried to simplify things around the AGM & board elections, including nominations - but as we know, some will always find a reason to complain

I'm not sure how positive change is effected if the incumbents are comfortable with the status quo, and those who complain to the contrary have no legitimate need or obligation to do anything other than, well, complain.

I'm not sure how positive change is effected if the incumbents are comfortable with the status quo, and those who complain to the contrary have no legitimate need or obligation to do anything other than, well, complain.

.......and I get the idea that it would seem unlikely that anyone here could possibly effect the changes some are calling for here on their own. But that assumes that no-one here moves in the right circles, or has the necessary nous, experience, resources etc........

What I'm referencing is the fact that change must start with someone, somewhere. And a lot of questions / complaints.

Isn't the reason Carter is stepping down that he's had his full term of 10 years on the board?
Odd if so that Diana Taylor, board member since 2010, has been elected VP. Surely then she's up to be replaced also?

Having just watched Carter's video on the pokies sell off, I think we should pass the hat around and buy him a packet of ******* razor blades....

I would have though that if the President of an AFL Club was going to make a statement to the Members and other stakeholders, he could take the time to have a bloody shave.

There's my whinge for the day.

If you get a copy of the constitution or a grievance procedure for members from Cooky you will find there is a way to get the Board's attention I am sure. They have to be accountable to members and not just via Cook.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having just watched Carter's video on the pokies sell off, I think we should pass the hat around and buy him a packet of ******* razor blades....

I would have though that if the President of an AFL Club was going to make a statement to the Members and other stakeholders, he could take the time to have a bloody shave.

There's my whinge for the day.
With the loss of gaming revenue the club was always going to have to find alternative ways to stay in the black. Colin's unkempt stubble as a result of forgoing shaving utensils was a necessary cut.

Please understand.

Isn't the reason Carter is stepping down that he's had his full term of 10 years on the board?
Odd if so that Diana Taylor, board member since 2010, has been elected VP. Surely then she's up to be replaced also?
12 years not 10 - maybe Taylor will be serving a 3 year term as VP; and if our new president is a relatively new member of the board, it would mean Geelong board experience in a leadership role during the transitional/really period of the new president.

(From original article on pages 1) He said Gartland’s departure, as well as his own in 12 months’ time, were in line with the club’s constitution that states directors can serve a maximum of 12 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back