GFC vs Crows 97 Elimination Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Man0gwaR74

All Australian
Oct 6, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
The crows went onto win the flag that year but I'm convinced the Cats were robbed and was in tears at the mid time break(even before the Cats lost the lead)! That mark by Colbert in the final moments of the game only to then be denied by the umpires, summed up my disgust for the umpires in that game and how it was rigged for the crows to win!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
couple things..

1 - it was 97
2 - colberts mark was in the 3rd quarter
3 - geelong kicked a goal that came off david pittmans foot in that same game

in conclusion - s**t happens

• Banned
The Cats bolted out of the blocks in that finals game and were in complete control in the first qtr. 2nd qtr the umpires were doing everything they could to get the Crows back into the game and gave a lot of free kicks to the Crows in front of goal! Then that pack mark by Colbert @ fullback at a critical time in the game, to be denied by the umpires and cost the game for the Cats was an absolute disgrace! #WeWereRobbedIn97

Last edited:

As corrupt as it gets that game.

Both Sholl and Hocking kicked goals that were called touched but were well over the line.

• Banned
As corrupt as it gets that game.
Both Sholl and Hocking kicked goals that were called touched but were well over the line.
Agreed, I just wanna see a fair game but I have never seen a more blatantly obvious bias in umpiring before 2000! I must admit that I was almost as disgusted in 2007 GF when the umpires must have thought that they would pay the Cats back for 97 and taint our first flag in decades with biased umpiring when the Cats didn't need their support! 2 key examples of biased umpiring in the 2007GF were when the umpires turned a blind eye to Josh Hunt holding onto Shaun Burgoyne's jumper when he didn't have the ball, and Nathan Ablett's charity goals from free kicks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back