News GFG on board as joint major sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

Rule number 1. Never engage inclusion and diversity managers in anything other than serious talk. Don't take the risk.

Though an important job, it takes a certain kind to do it.

Even then it's a mine field. Best to just avoid any area concerned or even close to HR in any major organisation, it's just a cluster* these days and god help anyone who goes in blind lol

Anyway, I think Koch here even though I knock him and he shits me to tears, getting these guys for 5 years and sounds like because he persistently chased the guy is a good get. It's got to feel good for a lot of us here to actually have a sponsor committed for more than 2 years for once and have some sort of longevity with a sponsor who potentially could be a very long and prosperous relationship if their project takes off.

Finally getting a chance to watch the press conference. Some of the questions ... you must wonder why anyone would bother coming to SA if this is the reception they receive for investing heavily in this state. It is pitiful.

Usually I quote Bruce Springsteen, but this time John Mellencamp is more appropriate, No good deed goes unpunished.

Mr Gupta completely unflustered and to mix sporting metaphors, dispatched each question over the boundary fence.

To be fair to the local media, it's not like we actually have any large corporations really still in SA to have pressers with. All have up and left or still trying to get out. This must be all new to them how big business works.

Even then it's a mine field. Best to just avoid any area concerned or even close to HR in any major organisation, it's just a cluster**** these days and god help anyone who goes in blind lol
Counter point. I have worked close to, and continue to work close with, senior HR people at a major company and I have never had an issue with being my usual inappropriate self. As long as you pick your time and place that doesn't put them in a compromising position I find them perfectly reasonable.

I worked for HR on a project for about a year in Government, fantastic people who are simply implementing what they are to do by executives. From my experience, it's the higher-ups that can be a bit fanatical and sensitive than the people who are out doing the work. No use tarring everyone with the same brush though, every situation is different.

Finally getting a chance to watch the press conference. Some of the questions ... you must wonder why anyone would bother coming to SA if this is the reception they receive for investing heavily in this state. It is pitiful.

Usually I quote Bruce Springsteen, but this time John Mellencamp is more appropriate, No good deed goes unpunished.

Mr Gupta completely unflustered and to mix sporting metaphors, dispatched each question over the boundary fence.

At the start, I wondered why the club didn't just cut that Q&A bit out of the video that they uploaded to the website.

As it went on, I realised why - because Sanjeev effortlessly made them look like the clowns they are.

At the start, I wondered why the club didn't just cut that Q&A bit out of the video that they uploaded to the website.

As it went on, I realised why - because Sanjeev effortlessly made them look like the clowns they are.

lol how was the throw away question to make it look like the journalist actually had some port questions. "So why Port Adelaide?" he tacks on to his last question. It was just something he came up with on the spot, simultaneously exposing that he hadn't listened to anything else and was there only to get a rise.

Sajeev: "I've already explained that."

What a piece of s**t that 'journalist' is.

Maybe goat-boy's microphone didn't send properly from the bin at the crucial moment. Someone might have dumped a load of rotting fish heads on him. We can only hope. ;)

lol how was the throw away question to make it look like the journalist actually had some port questions. "So why Port Adelaide?" he tacks on to his last question. It was just something he came up with on the spot, simultaneously exposing that he hadn't listened to anything else and was there only to get a rise.

Sajeev: "I've already explained that."

What a piece of s**t that 'journalist' is.
I think he meant to ask "So why Port Adelaide and not the Adelaide Crows".

The Advertiser is Today Tonight in print. Our next story tells you where to get cosmetic surgery in Bali at a fraction of the cost. Next day, see our tragic story of the woman who contracted a superbug infection in a Bali hospital after a simple cosmetic surgery procedure went horribly wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Advertiser is Today Tonight in print. Our next story tells you where to get cosmetic surgery in Bali at a fraction of the cost. Next day, see our tragic story of the woman who contracted a superbug infection in a Bali hospital after a simple cosmetic surgery procedure went horribly wrong.
Now that Port Power sponsorship outrage has run its race they can go back to British Billionaire saves struggling town narrative - fruchocs for everybody

Lol reminiscent of the Jenny Jones show from the States back in the day.

“We give moms hot and sexy makeovers!” = SLAY QUEEN!

A few days later,

“Help, my mom dresses like a ****!” = BOOOOOO!

Now that Port Power sponsorship outrage has run its race they can go back to British Billionaire saves struggling town narrative - fruchocs for everybody
Well, the dodgy Indian that is sponsoring the podwer is not the same as the British Billionaire that saved Whyalla. In the same way that Port Adelaide in the AFL is not the same as the Port Adelaide from the SANFL. It all makes sense in fruchoctopia!

Lol reminiscent of the Jenny Jones show from the States back in the day.

“We give moms hot and sexy makeovers!” = SLAY QUEEN!

A few days later,

“Help, my mom dresses like a ****!” = BOOOOOO!

Who's booing that?

So true .. so bloody true .. :thumbsu:

Is the GFG logo likely to be on this years media polo?

I guess I already know the answer, but surely it will be added!!

Just watched Gupta on Ticky Fullarton's show on channel 95. Ticky gave him some stick saying that she was a Swan's supporter but half her family were Port supporters which I found interesting. She recently married Michael Stuchbury who is Editor in Chief of the Fin Review, who was educated at Adelaide Uni, so maybe that's the connection.

Just watched Gupta on Ticky Fullarton's show on channel 95. Ticky gave him some stick saying that she was a Swan's supporter but half her family were Port supporters which I found interesting. She recently married Michael Stuchbury who is Editor in Chief of the Fin Review, who was educated at Adelaide Uni, so maybe that's the connection.

From the 10.00 minute mark of this video:

https://www.yourmoney.com.au/shows/ticky/ticky-february-11-2019/

Thanks for the link GD. Good to hear that whilst it's not the driver of his sponsorship, Gupta is looking at all possibilities to leverage our China strategy and Shanghai game and find synergies where possible.

Made it very clear the subtle difference between a GFG / family / personal sponsorship vs a Liberty Whyalla Steelworks sponsorship. The subtely is missed by the media drongoes that Whyalla still hasn't made a profit, despite spending $600m to buy in and looking at committing another $700m. Said Whyalla is still losing money but losing a lot less than when he bought it and thinks it will finally break even by June. That's why this is a GFC / personal/ family sponsorship. A business losing money isn't in the position to make a sponsorship, but the individual planning for the long term out of his/family bank account can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back