GFL GFL - 2011 PRE season !

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey hosco1.
Loving what i'm hearing from Grovedales new coach, G.Tanner.
Great with the young blokes and 90% of list is under 23.
Tells it how it is, no B.S.
Think he'll be a great acquisition for the Tigers.
Looking forward to seeing some improvement in 2011.

He's gonna have a tough gig with Waldron gone to Bell Park, Gleeson up Ballarat way and Baars going to St Marys..

He's gonna have a tough gig with Waldron gone to Bell Park, Gleeson up Ballarat way and Baars going to St Marys..

Yeah its really dissapointing Tim when quality players leave because there is a real nucleus of 10 - 14 players in that side who now have 20 - 40 games of gfl footy under their belts and are really starting to realise what it takes to compete at the level. No matter who plays they will always have my support...

I believe Luke Buckland is training with the VFL ( i also believe that he has won the South Barwon Best & Fairest for the last 2 years), and from what I have been told is looking very impressive from tests last week he was in the top 3. He should have done this a couple years ago.

I think Leopold tried to get him as an assistant last season but he wanted a year off. Has a good footy brain and has done alot of coaching courses ran by AFL coaches. Just didnt have the cattle to carry out a gameplan at st albans i think. Could be a good move from the polders

A strange move I believe from Leopold , must be a good mate of Greaves - did very little at St.albans and will do like wise at Leopold.

A strange move I believe from Leopold , must be a good mate of Greaves - did very little at St.albans and will do like wise at Leopold.
Clark did nothing at Queenscliff either. Certainly has one of the worst coaching records going around but i guess at this stage of the year they had to take what they could get. Good luck to him though, Greaves has laid a good foundation out there for him to work from.

I believe Luke Buckland is training with the VFL ( i also believe that he has won the South Barwon Best & Fairest for the last 2 years), and from what I have been told is looking very impressive from tests last week he was in the top 3. He should have done this a couple years ago.

should of but was too lazy. having dale amos there is a big help for him. i dare say he would be putting a good word for hom

Pretty sure he has already been down at Geelong on their Rookie list for 2 years after being drafted from Falcons. That bloke can seriously play, back and forward will be missed by South. His hangs in the GF were massive. Apparently a few leaving South - M Corrigan, Barker, Stavanuiter, McKee, S Rau, but am sure they will recruit and promote within to cover and as always remain one of the top teams to beat.

Pretty sure he has already been down at Geelong on their Rookie list for 2 years after being drafted from Falcons. That bloke can seriously play, back and forward will be missed by South. His hangs in the GF were massive. Apparently a few leaving South - M Corrigan, Barker, Stavanuiter, McKee, S Rau, but am sure they will recruit and promote within to cover and as always remain one of the top teams to beat.

Throw Michael McFarlane into those that will probably not be playing this year at south due to work commitments.

West Saints insiders who would have been the new player I spotted at training the other night, pretty solid lad maybe 6ft-6ft 1, blondey hair was wearing a dark blue Geelong type top(for anyone that was there).

West Saints insiders who would have been the new player I spotted at training the other night, pretty solid lad maybe 6ft-6ft 1, blondey hair was wearing a dark blue Geelong type top(for anyone that was there).

whos gona be the wooden spooners this year? north shore or stalbans..

the supersaints have lost heaps and the seagulls have picked up a few so im tipping stalbans to finish bottom just :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

leopold inner sanctum fuming at kevin bourkes departure. helped him out with money, job, pushed his case with vfl clubs and then he flat out lied to them and left for red west. they are not happy.

also hearing russell robertson has been to two of joeys sessions and brett jackman has been responsible for most of the coaching so far. for the cash they are paying they would want to hope he is freed up after xmas.

also hearing russell robertson has been to two of joeys sessions and brett jackman has been responsible for most of the coaching so far. for the cash they are paying they would want to hope he is freed up after xmas.

This appointment has got trouble written all over it. Going to be an interesting one.

any names

an ex junior who's played senior footy for Leopold and Lorne in the past 2 years.. 3 blokes from up Shepperton way and a bloke from Horsham area plus the 2 Irish boys who no ones how they'll go. Plus 2 gun u18 players who played a handfull of senior games last year that should have a bit more experience an impact next season. Only big loss is Baars in my opinion.

Total crap. Russell has only missed two sessions due to a trip to tassie to see family, which was booked prior to him signing with the club. He let the club know this was happening before he signed. At the other sessions he has arrived one hour early to prepare and get to know all the boys, has completed every drill and running exercise and has the boys keen as mustard heading into the christmas break. Joeys also have not lost any players, putting to sleep that rumour.

Tomma, maybe tell us why Bell Park are pushing Football Geelong to change the finals qualification rules, attempting to reduce it to a single game if the player is involved in VFL. Hope your players are 'freed up' for more than one week of the year! :rolleyes:

an ex junior who's played senior footy for Leopold and Lorne in the past 2 years.. 3 blokes from up Shepperton way and a bloke from Horsham area plus the 2 Irish boys who no ones how they'll go. Plus 2 gun u18 players who played a handfull of senior games last year that should have a bit more experience an impact next season. Only big loss is Baars in my opinion.

Surn it up tim.Sam bourke(leopold/lorne) is no gun,two irish players never played afl,and Baars,waldren,glesson,colbert all gone.Will finish bottom for sure!

Tim, have you forgotten to tell everyone that your brother may be coming back home to the tigers den with a couple of mates?

Surn it up tim.Sam bourke(leopold/lorne) is no gun,two irish players never played afl,and Baars,waldren,glesson,colbert all gone.Will finish bottom for sure!

Never said Bourkey was a gun bud, still a handy recruit tho.

Never said anything about the Irish boys having played afl.

Im well aware of who's left and as I said, Baars is the only big loss.

Never said anything about Grovey being any good but they will not finish last.

Never said Bourkey was a gun bud, still a handy recruit tho.

Never said anything about the Irish boys having played afl.

Im well aware of who's left and as I said, Baars is the only big loss.

Never said anything about Grovey being any good but they will not finish last.
Who are the Shepp boys Tim? Riordan boys get them there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back