Boxing GGG - who next for the unstoppable force??

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
33 have tried. 33 have failed. Only 3 have managed to go the distance. Our own Daniel Geale was amongst the victims - lasting less than 4 rounds.

Gennady Golovkin is boxing's unstoppable force at 160 pounds.

Is there anyone out there who can stop GGG's run at middleweight ATG status?

Who next for GGG?

Last edited:

David Lemieux says he'll fight GGG if the money is right

IBF champ David Lemieux Lemieux, who won the vacant title only days ago with a 12 round unanimous decision over Hassan N'Dam, has no problem fighting Gennady "GGG" Golovkin.

However, Lemieux's promoter Oscar De La Hoya (Golden Boy) says his fighter is unable to face GGG until 2016 - because the IBF has ordered Lemieux to first make a mandatory defense.

Golovkin's promoter Tom Loeffler (K2 Promotions) says he has contacted the IBF and claims they are fine with sanctioning a Lemieux unification.

"I will face GGG, do not worry - but everything should be correct financially", Lemieux says.

I train UFC, Strikeforce, Elite XC and AFC, he'd be mine in a streetfight.
He would break you in half with a jab.

He was a streetfighter at the age of 10. His older brothers would find people for him to fight. He's now a world class boxer with a granite chin.

GGG and Le Meiux sounds like it will definitely happen in the near future Dan. If the Canadian has his mandatory next then I just cant see another quality opponent on GGG's radar. He could give N'dam a shot at it though mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On another serious note....GGG's opponents have mostly demonstrated pretty poor technique. Leaving themselves wide open for head shots.
He is so deadly at the body as well. His punches eat through the guard.

He is so deadly at the body as well. His punches eat through the guard.
Naturally, his opponents are s**t scared of him. They are intimidated by his reputation and toughness. Still, I see a lot of them display poor technique, walk right into it, kinda thing. Leave their chins/head exposed too much. That's perhaps partly to do with that intimidation/fear, and partly to do with their skill level. Not pissing on GGG, but just don't think he's ever truly met a worthy fighter.

Naturally, his opponents are s**t scared of him. They are intimidated by his reputation and toughness. Still, I see a lot of them display poor technique, walk right into it, kinda thing. Leave their chins/head exposed too much. That's perhaps partly to do with that intimidation/fear, and partly to do with their skill level. Not pissing on GGG, but just don't think he's ever truly met a worthy fighter.
The next 12-24 months will prove if he's a great of the sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back