PS4 Ghost of Tsushima

Remove this Banner Ad

fast travel speeds are nuts. Imagine how fast it would be with the PS5 SSD speeds.

Enjoying the game so far. missed the hotspring and the bamboo cutting station at the hotsprings you go to early in the game. stumbled across them when i went back and had already been to a few others. Bamboo stations are going to suck when they are the harder ones.

I love the idea of the wind guiding you rather than a cluttered UI with minimaps and stuff. Starting to get used to the camera but still getting hit by guys because the camera is lost in a wall or bush.

fast travel speeds are nuts. Imagine how fast it would be with the PS5 SSD speeds.

Enjoying the game so far. missed the hotspring and the bamboo cutting station at the hotsprings you go to early in the game. stumbled across them when i went back and had already been to a few others. Bamboo stations are going to suck when they are the harder ones.

I love the idea of the wind guiding you rather than a cluttered UI with minimaps and stuff. Starting to get used to the camera but still getting hit by guys because the camera is lost in a wall or bush.
Yeah one of the best things about this game are the load times (lack of). Not sure how they've managed it, pretty impressive.

I like the idea of the guiding wind too but wish they'd included an option to scale it down a bit along with the leaves/particle effects. Looks pretty and all but 15 hours in I'm getting a bit over debris cluttering up my views lol

I’m starting to think of the massive benefits that SSD’s will have for open world games. Why fast travel if you could fly very fast in real time with a smooth transition.

I still need to unlock a few things but I’m guessing there isn’t a glider? They should have just stolen it off BOTW. I wish I could ride my horse to a cliff, jump off and glide down the other side while calling my horse / landing into a full gallop.

Man every little thing you do improves your character in some way. It rewards you for looking around. You find a fox shrine, great, you get extra rune spots. You find a hot springs, here have a health upgrade. Do a side quest, receive a rune and exp.

Feels good man.

Man every little thing you do improves your character in some way. It rewards you for looking around. You find a fox shrine, great, you get extra rune spots. You find a hot springs, here have a health upgrade. Do a side quest, receive a rune and exp.

Feels good man.
a lot of the things in the game remind me of God of War. the menus are almost the same. the runes and stuff.

I just wish there was a trash talking vendor like Brok.

I havent played too much. but have 3 stances unlocked, and did a couple of the stories. the Lightning strike and Longbow are cool. Just hit someone with a explosive arrow and then clean up the group is fun.

What is this icon? I noticed it for the first time earlier and it was 1, now I've noticed it again in town and its sitting at 0.

View attachment 916578

The red line is your health bar. The yellow circles are your resolve, so when the red health line depletes, press the down arrow on your controller to restore some health by using one of the yellow circles. You might notice that the game will basically let you know to use some resolve when your health is almost depleted by flashing a white symbol on your screen.

The reason why you might be at 1 or 0 resolve is if you’ve been hit a lot in combat. The more people you kill in a row, the more your resolve will increase.

The red line is your health bar. The yellow circles are your resolve, so when the red health line depletes, press the down arrow on your controller to restore some health by using one of the yellow circles. You might notice that the game will basically let you know to use some resolve when your health is almost depleted by flashing a white symbol on your screen.

The reason why you might be at 1 or 0 resolve is if you’ve been hit a lot in combat. The more people you kill in a row, the more your resolve will increase.

Think he was talking about the faded symbol on the left with a 0 on top of it.

Think he was talking about the faded symbol on the left with a 0 on top of it.

Of course Quivorir meant the actual symbol lol. Yeah, Sixpence is correct, it’s the smoke bombs symbol. You can find all the symbols here in the “Techniques” menu and “Ghost”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The GoT story was so muchfun. After a slowish beginning it really started to pick up and I did enjoy it immensely. GoT is the also the first game in a long time that I have wanted to pour hours into post-game. The different characters tales was certainly a nice touch to a very good game.

The GoT story was so muchfun. After a slowish beginning it really started to pick up and I did enjoy it immensely. GoT is the also the first game in a long time that I have wanted to pour hours into post-game. The different characters tales was certainly a nice touch to a very good game.
You've finished the story already? I'm still in Act 1 and I've been playing since release day! Even then, I think I'm like only half way through the Main Story missions.

I’m starting to think of the massive benefits that SSD’s will have for open world games. Why fast travel if you could fly very fast in real time with a smooth transition.

I still need to unlock a few things but I’m guessing there isn’t a glider? They should have just stolen it off BOTW. I wish I could ride my horse to a cliff, jump off and glide down the other side while calling my horse / landing into a full gallop.

Yeah bit of a missed opportunity with the horse, being able to jump onto it from roofs and cliffs seems like such a no brainer. How someone never said we have to get this feature in there is perplexing, maybe there's some weird technical reason.

You've finished the story already? I'm still in Act 1 and I've been playing since release day! Even then, I think I'm like only half way through the Main Story missions.

Have you been playing the Main Story mission and character tales together? If you just focus on the story missions, the game is around 15 to 18 hours and that is according to https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=51225

The character tales and mythic tales are probably just as long as the main story. I left those to post-game. It keeps the flow of the Main Story going, without getting bogged down by a character quest.

Some of these are pretty cool features. Some I had already noticed but others are a bit more subtle. The two around stances and the mongols ducking for archers were pretty neat.

What does he mean by NPC here (ie NPC media)? I don't get the link between media and Non-Playable Characters!

That review that talks about TLOU being an American story that you can connect to is so mind numbingly stupid!

Have you been playing the Main Story mission and character tales together? If you just focus on the story missions, the game is around 15 to 18 hours and that is according to https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=51225

The character tales and mythic tales are probably just as long as the main story. I left those to post-game. It keeps the flow of the Main Story going, without getting bogged down by a character quest.
Fair enough, sounds like you could get through the main story fairly quickly. I'm the opposite in open world games, I expore and try to complete the secondary/tertiary quests first and hit up the main missions last.

Fair enough, sounds like you could get through the main story fairly quickly. I'm the opposite in open world games, I expore and try to complete the secondary/tertiary quests first and hit up the main missions last.

That’s cool, mate. I think we all have our preferences with open world games. I love getting lost it the story and leave everything else for the post-game. I think I’ve spent over 10 hours on side quests and liberating islands. GoT is the first game in ages I have been enthralled with the post story mission content. It’s been a really well made game.

I kinda like that your horse is invincible. Not realistic, but it makes it a lot easier.

I wish you could cut arms/heads off much more frequently too. I've found character models once they're dead can be walked through etc without issue, rather than stepping over them etc

There is a Mythic Tale called “The Heavenly Strike”,which when completed you can equip a new sword kit called “Heavenly Falcon”. Just run into battle, press Triangle and Circle together and it chops off enemies arms. It works off resolve, so once that bar (yellow circles) is depleted you can’t use the heavenly strike ability until you have some resolve.

There is a Mythic Tale called “The Heavenly Strike”,which when completed you can equip a new sword kit called “Heavenly Falcon”. Just run into battle, press Triangle and Circle together and it chops off enemies arms. It works off resolve, so once that bar (yellow circles) is depleted you can’t use the heavenly strike ability until you have some resolve.
Oh yeah. I've done that.

I more meant it being more common. Like in LOU2 the shotgun would commonly blow people's limbs off from close range, and same with bombs etc.

Oh yeah. I've done that.

I more meant it being more common. Like in LOU2 the shotgun would commonly blow people's limbs off from close range, and same with bombs etc.

Yeah, I agree. It’s fun to sneak behind an enemy and know you can chop his head off. Those instances are pretty few and far between at times. The combat system in GoT is so good but just wish there was a bit more of the real gore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back