PS4 Ghost of Tsushima

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope this is good. It sounds like it could be. Based on the few videos so far though, something about it seems off to me and I can't place it (like this will be more Days Gone than Spider-Man or Red Dead 2).

I hope this is good. It sounds like it could be. Based on the few videos so far though, something about it seems off to me and I can't place it (like this will be more Days Gone than Spider-Man or Red Dead 2).
I'm thinking more like a polished Star Wars rather than the buggy game we got.

Does no waypoints mean no guidance while travelling or no bonfires for death?

I'm going to play it but I must admit that showcase didn't do a lot for me. I think my enjoyment of it will live and die by the exploration/lore side of things because the combat looked pretty bleh, too many old Assassins Creed vibes with it and all the slowmo after parries to do the whole Arkham chain stuff.

I thought the combat looked better than I thought it would. Only one stroke to kill seems nice.

I wouldn't mind knowing more about the map though or what there is to actually do in this game. Looks a bit thin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind knowing more about the map though or what there is to actually do in this game. Looks a bit thin.
I hope the reason they're being intentionally vague about this is because there's going to be a lot to explore and figure out yourself/minimalistic map approach vs a checklist of "destroy 9 Mongol camps" cluttering the map. It's kind of weird tho, they've talked it being a sort of go where you want kind of thing but then they also have the questions marks on the map you can see the waypoints too, so I don't know.

Well this is the AC Japan game everyone has wanted.

Looks great.
Going by that demo, you could easily slap the Assassin's Creed name on it and have it fit in with the others!

That's not a bad thing, but it does make it hard for Ubisoft to make an AC game in that setting now.

Looking forward to this.

I'm going to play it but I must admit that showcase didn't do a lot for me. I think my enjoyment of it will live and die by the exploration/lore side of things because the combat looked pretty bleh, too many old Assassins Creed vibes with it and all the slowmo after parries to do the whole Arkham chain stuff.
To be honest, there's not a lot you can do to make human on human combat particularly different. It's all been done before and what you're seeing is probably the more enjoyable iteration of it. I like the one shot kills and chaining assassinations, otherwise it's just repetitive block, parry, slash for every enemy.

Even in The Witcher 3 and HZD the human combat side was pretty dull. In those, it was the mosters and machines that made combat fun.

Going by that demo, you could easily slap the Assassin's Creed name on it and have it fit in with the others!

That's not a bad thing, but it does make it hard for Ubisoft to make an AC game in that setting now.

Looking forward to this.

Probably means they don’t need to, unless they want to rival this game to try and better it. A Viking AC game and now this, absolutely perfect!!!

Arkham combat was the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back