PS4 Ghost of Tsushima

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
New game from inFamous developers Sucker Punch set in feudal era Japan.

Ghost of Tsushima is an open-world action game set during the feudal period of Japan, and will allow players to "see the power of the Mongol Empire first-hand." The Mongol Empire has invaded the island of Tsushima, and players will attempt to fight back against this powerful force as one of the last surviving samurai. Sony and Sucker Punch tease that "you must move beyond your samurai traditions to forge a new way of fighting — the way of the Ghost — as you wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Japan."
http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/10/30/sucker-punch-announces-ghost-of-tshushima

Apr 5, 2015
The future
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AC Milan, Arsenal, North Adelaide
This looks great so far. Not a fan of the Infamous series, so I am cautious, but I have to admit, this is the first game to make me ponder seriously getting a PS4. I’ve been waiting for one.

Just need to see more gameplay and details.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
This looks great so far. Not a fan of the Infamous series, so I am cautious, but I have to admit, this is the first game to make me ponder seriously getting a PS4. I’ve been waiting for one.

Just need to see more gameplay and details.

Really, the very first game?

Apr 5, 2015
The future
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Really, the very first game?
Yeah. I always need more than just one game to justify purchasing a new system. I’ve always been like this and happy to wait well into the lifecycle to buy a new console. Eventually, I usually end up buying all systems, but this generation seems to be different. I have a PC for most multiplats, a Switch for Nintendo games, but am yet to get a PS4 or XBone. There just aren’t enough interesting exclusive games on those two systems to justify the purchase imo. If I bought them, I’d probably play one game on each and then they would just gather dust.

At this point, I don’t think I’ll ever get an Xbone as I’m not into Halo, Forza or Gears and I can’t even think of another exclusive that interests me. Not really into indies, so Ori/Cuphead are a bit meh to me.

So far, the only PS4 exclusive game that has slightly interested me is Uncharted 4 because I played and enjoyed Uncharted 2 and 3, but that alone is not enough to warrant a whole console.

Although, I just remembered, I’ve had my interest piqued by the praises of the Yakuza series, so there’s another one to add to my PS4 interest. Now I have Uncharted/Yakuza/Ghosts of Tsushima to look forward to, so I might start keeping an eye out on PS4 prices.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Although, I just remembered, I’ve had my interest piqued by the praises of the Yakuza series, so there’s another one to add to my PS4 interest. Now I have Uncharted/Yakuza/Ghosts of Tsushima to look forward to, so I might start keeping an eye out on PS4 prices.
Nioh sounds like it may interest you as well.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I haven’t followed that, besides reading comments in passing. That’s a Souls-type game right?
Yeah, Souls type game - I think it is meant to be a bit more elaborate than the Souls games, though. I haven't actually played it so others will be able to give a better review - it just seemed similar to the others you listed at a glance.

Just realised it's out on PC in a week or so (had no idea), so probably not a factor anyway.

Apr 5, 2015
The future
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah, Souls type game - I think it is meant to be a bit more elaborate than the Souls games, though. I haven't actually played it so others will be able to give a better review - it just seemed similar to the others you listed at a glance.

Just realised it's out on PC in a week or so (had no idea), so probably not a factor anyway.
I’ve got Demon Souls on PS3 and Dark Souls 1/2 on PS3 & PC. They are on my list to play one day, but I haven’t got around to it yet, so I’m not sure if I like the genre. I like a challenge, but not unfairness. I have to bump one of them up the “to play” list. Too many ******* games.

Very interested in this. Not a fan of inFamous but thats just because I found the story boring (only played Second Son). Cant deny that it played well and looked great though.

Oh yeah this game, this is what I thought Sekiro was. Happy to hear I'll be able to play a Samurai game which won't make me cry.

Back