PS4 Ghost of Tsushima

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Absolutely loving this game. Got it based on pretty much nothing other than being stuck at home in lockdown and wanting something new
Glad I did

Love slitting throats, then composing poems.
EdiGWqbUMAAmuHm.jpg

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Handy tips for people who struggle with combat

Some good tips there, been using the R2 time slow down myself. Was starting to steamroll a bit so recently went to hard difficulty and it defintely makes a difference, enemies seem to swarm you more and give you less time. Makes you actually use consumables and arrows while in combat too, previously I could pretty much just katana through any encounter.

Has anyone spent any upgarde points on the guiding wind perks? What does it do? Help text says you can use guiding wind to find various locations - but can't you do that by default anyway? Or does it reveal those location types on the map even if still fogged?

Has anyone spent any upgarde points on the guiding wind perks? What does it do? Help text says you can use guiding wind to find various locations - but can't you do that by default anyway? Or does it reveal those location types on the map even if still fogged?
Yeh, I picked up the health and resolve ones early on. If you go to the map and hit d-right, you can select which one you want and it'll guide you to the nearest one. Won't show on your map but once you get near enough you usually get a little yellow bird direct you exactly to it.

Same deal as with the artifacts/scrolls/crickets/banners with the Travellers cloak.

I love how I can fast travel near instantly but if I want to see what that skin on my bow looks like I'll be waiting 20 seconds for it to load.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeh, I picked up the health and resolve ones early on. If you go to the map and hit d-right, you can select which one you want and it'll guide you to the nearest one. Won't show on your map but once you get near enough you usually get a little yellow bird direct you exactly to it.

Same deal as with the artifacts/scrolls/crickets/banners with the Travellers cloak.

Cheers mate. I didn't know you could do that by default for artifacts etc. just with the travellers outfit, nice one.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Just started act 2 and have almost finished upgrading my sword. already finished Half bow and Longbow.
Some battles when its just like 5 on 1 i feel OP. but when its like 10 guys and archers its better.

But when you have upgraded stuff and just switch between stances its fun ripping through a camp of mongols.

Also just up to act 2 and loving it, though I have nearly unlocked everything already so am a bit worried I'll be way OP for the rest of the game.
Starting to feel a bit OP too might switch the difficulty to hard

The Samurai duels have been the most challenging for me.
I'm just up to Act 2 too (at least I think I am, just about to ride into Toyotama). Been feeling fairly OP for a while now. Have the majority of techniques unlocked. I've thought about turning up the difficulty, might do that today.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
As long as act 2 has more guys shooting fire arrows, dudes with flame swords and burtes throwing bombs it wont make me feel too OP.

But i did take down a camp and kill the general/boss in like 10 sec lastnight.

Also on Act 2 now.

It's funny, the game this is starting to remind me the most of is actually Spider-Man. Big beautiful map. A little more interactive. Repetitive structure - go here, beat up these goons (or kill in this instance, but despite the blood splatter I feel like this game is pretty PG with its violence, not exactly lopping off arms and the blood is darker and not that vibrant Hollywood red). But the beauty is all in the movement and gazing at the lighting.

I hope they release some DLC for it. I'd pay $20 for some new more armour dyes down the road.

I put the difficulty up to hard, I recommend it if you're feeling pretty OP. It's not significantly harder but it's a little trickier timing the parries. I'm finding I'm using my throwables more. The duels are more challenging too, but not ridiculously hard.

I love the duels in Act 2! Yarikawa's vengeance is a great tale. Gusoku's refined helmet is awesome! Running with it and the clan armour.

Yep no worries sorry
All good, just helps with determining if you can click on it or not. 👍

This game is great, loving the little side quests and how much stuff there is to do.

side quests are trash and gets boring doing the same filler over and over again. So many other open world games do it better.

I enjoyed the large action scenes and how gorgeous the game was. But the side quests and fillers were a let down.
Don't agree with this. I'm mid Act 2 and have been mostly doing the side quests and fillers. I think they're great. The mystic tales have been quite enjoyable and the duels are epic. They're as good as any other open world game bar the witcher 3.

Back