Love the vanity in this game.

Ed2phbCVoAET5R8.jpg

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Don't agree with this. I'm mid Act 2 and have been mostly doing the side quests and fillers. I think they're great. The mystic tales have been quite enjoyable and the duels are epic. They're as good as any other open world game bar the witcher 3.
Mystic tales are awesome but I wouldn't call them side quests really. Recon the side NPC quest stuff are a bit repetitive but they are based on old movies / TV shows which had similar themes. I just stopped doing them, still a huge game and plenty to do.

I've become OP but going to leave the difficulty on Normal as I'm enjoying taking down hordes of enemies with just the sword. In Act 2 and haven't lost a duel yet, unlocking all of the parry stuff straight away helped. Love the sword click scene...

Mystic tales are awesome but I wouldn't call them side quests really. Recon the side NPC quest stuff are a bit repetitive but they are based on old movies / TV shows which had similar themes. I just stopped doing them, still a huge game and plenty to do.

I've become OP but going to leave the difficulty on Normal as I'm enjoying taking down hordes of enemies with just the sword. In Act 2 and haven't lost a duel yet, unlocking all of the parry stuff straight away helped. Love the sword click scene...
The argument was against side quests AND fillers. As far as the side quest gameplay goes, I get what you mean, however I think it's more the story side that makes them. I've enjoyed Masako's family revenge, hearing about Norio's brother and not sure if you've done Yuna's SQs but ...

Sneaking into a slaver camp, cutting the heads off Yuna's torturers from when she was a girl and mounting them on a spike in front of the camp was pretty epic! Moral of the story, don't piss off Jin!

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I reckon the side quests are actually not too bad in this. Like yeah not spectacular, but serviceable enough.

side quests are trash and gets boring doing the same filler over and over again. So many other open world games do it better.

Which games? Witcher obviously, but struggling to think of too many more who do it obviously better than this.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
The argument was against side quests AND fillers. As far as the side quest gameplay goes, I get what you mean, however I think it's more the story side that makes them. I've enjoyed Masako's family revenge, hearing about Norio's brother and not sure if you've done Yuna's SQs but ...

Sneaking into a slaver camp, cutting the heads off Yuna's torturers from when she was a girl and mounting them on a spike in front of the camp was pretty epic! Moral of the story, don't piss off Jin!
I suppose they are side quests but those hand crafted personal stories are great. Definitely doing all of those along the way and almost consider them part of the main quest.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Game is getting too easy the more abilities I unlock and the more I improve my character.

Should have put Hard mode but I was scared away by the early stages of the game (when things are actually difficult)

I suppose they are side quests but those hand crafted personal stories are great. Definitely doing all of those along the way and almost consider them part of the main quest.
Ah, you mean those general side quests? I wasn't even thinking about them. Yeh, they're nothing special but I'm ok with them.

Game is getting too easy the more abilities I unlock and the more I improve my character.

Should have put Hard mode but I was scared away by the early stages of the game (when things are actually difficult)
You can still change it. I put it up to hard, I recommend it!

Yeah, definitely good for maintaining a bit of challenge mid-game when you start to steam roll. The one thing I don't like about it though is it seems to make the parrying window smaller, I can hardly pull them off any more, usually just dodge now.
You don't like that hard mode makes parrying harder? That's kinda the point of it being hard mode! ;)

It's definitely trickier to parry, sometimes frustrating, particularly when a spearman jabs you like 3 times in row and you miss the timing each time. It definitely makes the duels more challenging, but more rewarding too.

This game really has some big feels moments!

Masako seeing her sons hanged.

The sculpter seeing his dead son.

Yuna telling how she was abused as a child.

Yumiko thinking you're your dad and talking about you in third person felt a lot like when I saw my Nan last. Some parts of the conversation she seemed to know exactly who I was and others it was like she was talking to someone else. Hit home a bit.

Taka getting decapitated and Yuna subsequently seeing his body.

The story telling in this has been brilliant!

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
You don't like that hard mode makes parrying harder? That's kinda the point of it being hard mode! ;)

It's definitely trickier to parry, sometimes frustrating, particularly when a spearman jabs you like 3 times in row and you miss the timing each time. It definitely makes the duels more challenging, but more rewarding too.
Ha, yeah dunno what I was expecting I guess. The timing window does seem more unforgiving in general compared to something like the Batman games.

Just found that charm that makes parrying and dodging easier anyway, definitely gonna be rocking that bad boy for the rest of the game lol

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
My only real complaint is the showdown camera angles at times. I’ve had a fair few where I couldn’t even see the enemy

Back