PS4 Ghost of Tsushima

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
I'm struggling to get back into it after it down for a bit, just seems like a chore now that I can't bring myself to finish.
Pretty much in the same boat, finished act 1 a while ago, played some other stuff for a bit and tried to get back into it last night. Lasted 10 minutes. Not sure if I'll end up finishing this.

I'm struggling to get back into it after it down for a bit, just seems like a chore now that I can't bring myself to finish.
Pretty much in the same boat, finished act 1 a while ago, played some other stuff for a bit and tried to get back into it last night. Lasted 10 minutes. Not sure if I'll end up finishing this.
How are you guys worth open world games in general? Because there isn't really much grind in this compared to most other OW games. I highly recommend persevering with it, it's a great game.

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
How are you guys worth open world games in general? Because there isn't really much grind in this compared to most other OW games. I highly recommend persevering with it, it's a great game.
Lately I've grown pretty tired of them. I knew that going into this as well, so that's on me, but I was hoping the exploration side would hopefully be the drawing force for me, and it was initially but after that I see the map just populated with questions marks that end up being really samey or clear out the bandit camp stuff, and the follow the foxes and bird stuff for the same rewards over and over, like headbands or Haikus got a bit tiresome. I might just mainline the story stuff, and those other cool quests (forgot the name, but the stuff you get from the guy who tells tales") since I was digging that enough.

Lately I've grown pretty tired of them. I knew that going into this as well, so that's on me, but I was hoping the exploration side would hopefully be the drawing force for me, and it was initially but after that I see the map just populated with questions marks that end up being really samey or clear out the bandit camp stuff, and the follow the foxes and bird stuff for the same rewards over and over, like headbands or Haikus got a bit tiresome. I might just mainline the story stuff, and those other cool quests (forgot the name, but the stuff you get from the guy who tells tales") since I was digging that enough.
Understandable if you have OW fatigue. Yeh, I definitely recommend doing the main quests, tales of tsushima and the companion quests (ie. Yumi, Masako, etc.) at the very least.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Was going to 100% this but can't get the f**king stand off trophy. I suck so bad at it. I can't time it and even when I do, I can't time 5 in a row to get the trophy.

Many sleepless nights over this f**king trophy that nobody else has issues with.

Was going to 100% this but can't get the f**king stand off trophy. I suck so bad at it. I can't time it and even when I do, I can't time 5 in a row to get the trophy.

Many sleepless nights over this f**king trophy that nobody else has issues with.
Drop the difficulty down to the easiest mode. Should give you more time to do it.

Go back to the first area and find a random patrol. They won't feint like the later enemies.

You need to be wearing the Sakai Clan armor so you can get 5 in a row otherwise you can only do 3.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Finally finished, took me awhile. Just a few artifacts and locations left for the plat I think.

Great game, I have it 3rd best open world this gen behind Witcher and Horizon. As others have noted they handled the story really well, some heavy moments in there for an open world game. Large scale battles in key story missions just awesome. The acting and animation was top notch, really understated and underappreciated part of the game I reckon - if you watch the cutscenes closely the little facial expressions and small movements are top notch but I didn't notice them at first, maybe coz I'd come straight off TLOU2 and the graphics obviously aren't at that quality.

Wonder if they'll do a sequel, having a choice at the end probably makes that a bit harder, they'd probably have to declare one choice 'canon' and just go with it - or set it somewhere else, call it Ghost of Whatever.

Bring on the co-op update.

One feature I would like added is the ability to save customised armour looks for each set of amour

This! Loved the vanity options in the game and the fact different perks were tied to different armour, but damn, manully going into 4 slots (outfit, hat, sword, bow) to make changes got old fast

In alot of ways it feels like an AC game from last gen, alot of clunk and things most games have done away with (looking at you, trailing and follow the damn footprint missions). Does alot right though. Good game overall.

Haha yep, if I never have to do a 'follow the footprints' mission again it'll be too soon lol

Been playing it this afternoon as well. Got one more story mission to go. All of them really enjoyable. Pretty short, but they're cool. Survival is good as well.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
As I promised myself, the first thing I bought when getting the PS5 was this game. This is absolutely stunning. Apparently no visual upgrades for PS5 version as well? That's amazing. The 60fps is just the cherry on top.
legends mode is great fun. played some of that a few weeks ago. going to get back into it when i get my replacement PS5.

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
As I promised myself, the first thing I bought when getting the PS5 was this game. This is absolutely stunning. Apparently no visual upgrades for PS5 version as well? That's amazing. The 60fps is just the cherry on top.

This will be the next game I play after finishing Miles Morales. Had the disc for more than a month. Looking forward to it.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
looking at getting this, can someone tell me what the co-op is like? how many hours gameplay would it be roughly?
there is about 10 missions with 3 difficulty modes on each. they are 2 players. and there are a few 4 player survival moded and a 4 player raid.
They are fun they are 15-30 mins each depending of the difficulty and how good the other player is. , and easily repeatable to get new gear. There is also 4 classes with different special abilities and playstyles.

Sep 3, 2002
In a good place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NBA Winning Machines/Dallas Cowboys
there is about 10 missions with 3 difficulty modes on each. they are 2 players. and there are a few 4 player survival moded and a 4 player raid.
They are fun they are 15-30 mins each depending of the difficulty and how good the other player is. , and easily repeatable to get new gear. There is also 4 classes with different special abilities and playstyles.

perfect ,thanks for the info, much appreciated

Glad I saved this for the PS5. Keen to really get into now the consoles are out

Not sure you needed to, was probably the most PS5 game on the PS4, had top graphics and already incorporated the PS5 load time improvements.

Back