Remove this Banner Ad

Seeds

Hall of Famer
Sep 15, 2007
I don't know
AFL Club
Geelong
I like it.

I want the 2016 Ghostbusters completely buried as far as I'm concerned that movie doesn't exist
This is becoming a trend now where the last movie was so embarrassing that the studio feels the need to hit the reset button. Halloween, Terminator, Ghostbusters.

Just make an original movie.
The 2016 ghostbusters rates higher then afterlife on rotton tomatoes from both critics and audiences.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
2021.jpg

2016.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeds

Hall of Famer
Sep 15, 2007
I don't know
AFL Club
Geelong
The 2016 movie was a steaming turd.

A complete abomination.
And yet the 2016 movie has comfortably higher critics ratings then the current.

Audience rating suddenly shot up from 43 percent to 95 percent. have these numbers been manipulated by reddit users or are the critics just flat out wrong?

seeds will find out. Probably. At some point. F***the trailer makes it look too much like stranger things out west.

The Cryptkeeper

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
And yet the 2016 movie has comfortably higher critics ratings then the current.

Audience rating suddenly shot up from 43 percent to 95 percent. have these numbers been manipulated by reddit users or are the critics just flat out wrong?

seeds will find out. Probably. At some point. F***the trailer makes it look too much like stranger things out west.

Yeah, I am dubious about the new one but being a GB junkie will go and watch it, if only for whatever cameos Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson, Dan Ackroyd and Annie Potts put in.

The original is one of the greatest movies ever made. Inarguably.

StFly

Space to Rent
Oct 11, 2008
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Sunbury Lions
I've seen enough to already know I'll like it more.

First what, 4 mins of the 2016 was Ok at least, then just went to utter garbage from fleeing that homage I suppose. Something about subtle humour instances vs being beaten to death with strobe light effects. I view that one same as sort of MIB devolving to sh*t. Trailer instances of this have been infinitely better even if waiting for streaming as F going to cinemas on my end to check both actual films.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
either way what we're gonna find is that there's 2016 fans and 2021 fans and the inbetween. hardcore fans of either faction wont budge.

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
The 2016 movie was a steaming turd.

A complete abomination.
It really isn't. It's bland, not particularly funny, but otherwise competently put together. There's a lot worse films out there. Only those going in with a preconceived notion to hate it could hate it that much.

The Cryptkeeper

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
It really isn't. It's bland, not particularly funny, but otherwise competently put together. There's a lot worse films out there. Only those going in with a preconceived notion to hate it could hate it that much.

I wanted to watch at and hoped to like it actually.

It was ham-fisted garbage, much like the last 3 Star Wars films. Unoriginal, contrived crap.

Seeds

Hall of Famer
Sep 15, 2007
I don't know
AFL Club
Geelong
I thought it was incredibly funny. And i hate melissa mcarthy. mckinnon kills it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad